Arena and RBG Conquest Change - Updated 4/27

85 Gnome Death Knight
All the QQ in this thread is hilarious.

5 wins per week= epics was just ridiculous. This change was necessary. There's people running around right now with full vicious and they have no idea how to play their class just because they were able to queue 5 wins per week.

Winning 10-30 games per week is fair. It's really a good idea if you just stop and think about it. It benefits arena in many ways.

wow so pigeon holing us is fair? cool I'll vendor my all my pve gear and prepare myself for long grueling hours of hardcore arena grinding!
30 wins to cap? bring it!!!!!!

/roar and stuff
/end sarcasm

no thanks

/unsub
85 Orc Shaman
04/27/2011 01:54 AMPosted by Unredeemable
If you don't want to put effort into epics then don't! just be happy with your bloodthirsty.

This change hammers the casual players. Some of us can barely get our 5 games in per week, now we have to win 10 to cap at 1343? Out of all the people in here, I see ONE who thinks this change was good. Which means he probably doesn't PvP, wouldn't know because he has his DK alt as the toon that shows up in forum.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Ok... I'm fairly new to 85 on this lock, and new to arena on this lock. I did play alot in wrath and some in BC. That being said...

I took the retarded damage nerfs, dealt with the insane buffs of other classes while I got nerfed yet again for 10% more damage. I will not take this retarded change. How in the (you know what i wanna put here.) could you even think that this would remotely improve any aspect of this game? How?! Not to mention that EVERY PLAYER in here does NOT want it. Oh but they didn't even give us the chance to tell them we didn't want it, they decided for us. If this is not fixed i'm (again) done. I will wait no longer than this weekend. Sure they won't give a (one more) about my petty $15 but it's 15 that they will not get one more cent of. I can't realy even believe how mad I am right now... You need to fire these devs. Thank you, thank you for RUINING the one MMO I enjoyed playing. Screw you Blizzard.

/end rant
85 Blood Elf Warlock
You know what?
To hell with waiting. Canceled.
I'm going to Rift. Big middle finger to all of you there at blizzard.
85 Undead Mage
Eh... great first getting honor points is grindy and now arena has to be grindy, too? This pretty much settles it for me. There's no point in continuing my subscription.
85 Orc Warrior
In patch 4.1 the amount of Conquest earned for both Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds has been changed to a flat amount regardless of team rating, to 135 and 335 respectively. This change should of course have been in the patch 4.1 notes, but due to a fairly straight forward error, was not included.

The current reward now in 4.1 for winning an Arena match is 135 Conquest Points, and for Rated Battlegrounds it's 335 Conquest Points. We're currently evaluating these amounts as we believe they are potentially lower than they need to be, and we'll of course let you know if they need to be changed.

First of all, who on Azeroth was complaining of the system prior?

Secondly, I'm pretty sure this "fairly straight forward" change was not included because you wanted to ram something through and see how it played out.

Seriously blizz, you have been doing this for 6 years, yet every time it's the same: "DERP, OOPS WE FERGOT!" How do you not have have a process in place?
90 Dwarf Priest
04/27/2011 02:09 AMPosted by Jergall
This change hammers the casual players.

Be ignorant less. This change affects casual players, but its the higher rated players that get hammered. They'd love to have to only play 10 wins compared to the 20+ they have to now.

If Blizz thought getting conquest was too easy, all they had to do was reduce 2's, and 3's point cap LIKE THEY DID BEFORE.
85 Tauren Paladin
It is pretty clear that this change was made to give the PvP players another grind, another treadmill, another reason to keep playing and playing constantly.

It's going to backfire, Blizzard. Just wait and see.
85 Undead Mage
They have no shame at blizzard. Just add things in to ensure the hours logged go up and up.

The #1 thing i lovvvee about this is how they implemented it. It was not open for discussion. It was not warned of. it was simple a stab in the dark.

I would bet these spineless devs and "blue posters" would stab their own wife in the back just to avoid confrontation.

go on now blue

hide behind the glowing screen

no one can see you

you are silent, but we know you're there

pretending you can't hear us
85 Undead Mage
One more thing to add. The old(old) system was the failure welfare epics. At least with this(or previous) system you had to win to get points. In old days you could just enter 1v2 and /dance in a tuxedo suit while getting points as if 1500 rated.
Finally, at least an answer. Dunno why this happened but at least make CP won in arenas more higher. Many ppl do arenas for points because they dont have a lot of time and 5 wins was enough. Even if you lost because you are new to PvP you only needed 5 wins for get your weekly points. Now, it is like 12 or 13 wins for get them all.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/27/2011 03:10 AMPosted by Drïver
I would bet these spineless devs and "blue posters" would stab their own wife in the back just to avoid confrontation.

Yeah, but, dude, like Bash said - it was ''due to a fairly straight forward error.''
90 Tauren Druid
Those numbers are way too low. I dont see how making it take this much longer to get your points makes any sense. On the surface it seems as if you are trying to push people into the dungeon finder queue to make use of the PVE - PVP points conversions just added. I stand to be corrected but I haven't seen a Conquest - Valor conversion available yet so I also don't see how earning conquest points is going to stop people killing dragons anytime soon.

Also the announcement being "not included" because of a "fairly straight forward error" kinda stinks in my opinion. One could almost imagine that it may have been deliberately left out as it quite clearly was not going to be popular. That coupled with yet more reports of botched MMR shenanigans and other bizarre ladder behavior it begs the age old question once again:

Are you ever going to get this right?
85 Orc Warrior
This is my first time posting in here, and I'm sad to say that I am not pleased by this change. I just recently started getting into arena on my warrior as I am currently not in a raiding guild. What I really liked about arena was the opportunity to spend a couple of hours with my friends doing 3v3s and getting a tangible reward from that experience. I'm not very good at arena yet, but I'm still learning the ins and outs of pvp compared to pve, so I was super excited to hit the 1500 rating milestone last week and it felt like a real accomplishment.

I logged in today and was treated to numerous bugs like getting stuck in the loading screen for 3 matches in a row while giving the other team free wins. We struggled to get things going and ended up pretty negative for the day, but then I'm faced with the fact that I am nowhere near my conquest cap for the week. I was considering starting a new 3v3 team with my shaman, but now that I think about how awful and unfun the stupid honor grind is and how time consuming the new conquest grind is, I think I'll just wait until you guys come to your senses. Please for the love of casuals (which we all know is the crowd you cater to the most) revert this change or increase the flat amount of conquest per win.
The main activity I've done in the game since Arenas came out back in BC is Arenas one night a week with friends. It's the only reason I've played the game since then. This change is extremely disappointing.

There's usually only one night a week my arena team can play since we're all busy with work and/or family. We won't always be able to cap each week from that team anymore though we normally play as many games as we can fit in (though the queuing beyond our BG should help with that).

I am very glad that I'd managed to stick with one character this expansion, since otherwise this change would probably force me to only have one character.

Blizzard, you gather feedback on all sorts of changes, and talk about all sorts of things before implementing them... for the future please make sure you do that when you contemplate touching the incentive system for areas of the game people care about so much (conquest, valor points, raiding, etc). So it's not just a simple human failure to include it in patch notes, since it should have been mentioned other than in patch notes too. What makes it even more disappointing is that it wasn't announced at all is that there was so much highlighted about tripling the possibility for valor points by adding the new heroics. And note this isn't just a change on the amount, but on the delivery style, from a percentage based to a fixed amount. I'd actually assumed it was a fixed amount until a little into the expansion, but was much happier with the game when I found out it was a fixed percent.

And as others have pointed out, most anyone who cares already has a full set of arena gear by now, so doing this change in the middle of a season seems pretty harsh on anyone who doesn't... especially without any explanation or discussion.

I have to assume the change wasn't just to make the game more grindy, so I assume that part of the reason for the change is probably that queue times were long sometimes since so many people played 5 games and stopped... but there are a lot of other ways to solve the problem people would have suggested. For instance, letting folks get honor points after their 5 wins (the same as RBGs). I'm also not sure that'd have been an issue after the queuing outside of their BG, since part of we stop playing in a night sometimes is waiting 3-5 minutes to wind up playing people 300-500 rating above or below us (neither is fun).
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]