Cannot Stream Required Archive Data.

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Rogue
Cannot Stream Required Archive Data.

That error keeps popping up when i try and start WoW...
Plz halp!
67 Goblin Hunter
same as me wtf is thas
85 Blood Elf Paladin
same here idk wat to do
85 Worgen Warlock
Ya same is thing happening to me. This new patch really screwed me over.
67 Goblin Hunter
can someone help us wiht thas would be nice thx danm pacht im on window 7
67 Goblin Hunter
re intall the game does not work for me same problem
90 Worgen Druid
I just did reinstall the game. The launcher says my game is 'playable' and I tried to log in but got this same error message. What prompted the reinstall in the first place was an error message after entering my password that wasn't letting me in, despite my roommate being able to log in with the same connection and similar computer.
85 Tauren Druid
yep same for me sure would like to know how to fix it
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Same here bro was playin problem free eysterday, but havent even been able to launch today..PLEEEAAASEEE HELP
90 Worgen Druid
Well, I called Blizzard Tech Support. We ran my computer in safe-mode, but that didn't fix anything. They're thinking it's an issue with the modem/router, especially the 2Wire that I've got. Does anyone know anything about that? And also, is this happening to anyone who's launcher is at 'playable' but not completely downloaded?
Support Forum Agent
Can you post the full error message? It might have a clue on why it can't stream a file.

Keyboard not detected!
Press F1 to resume
A Steamy Romance Novel http://www.surveymk.com/s/RHXXKHK
90 Worgen Druid
The full error message that I get is a little white box that pops up and says "Cannot stream required archive files. Please check network connection." My options are an 'okay' box or the red 'x'. Hitting either of those closes wow completely.

I'm not sure what it means by network connection, because my roommate with the same internet connection was able to download the patch and play without a hitch. Also, the launcher will run just fine, it's when I click play that I get that message.
Edited by Winrunner on 4/30/2011 8:22 AM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
I turned off my firewall and it works now. >>

But will I have to always play with the firewall off?
Edited by Winrunner on 4/30/2011 10:05 AM PDT
55 Undead Death Knight
I turned off my firewall and it works now. >>

But will I have to always play with the firewall off?
No, you just need to allow the game through.
Edited by Barthus on 4/30/2011 10:09 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
mine is playable and currently downloading, i tried to re install but obviously it didnt work...
90 Goblin Death Knight
same with me! tried all i could but nothin is workin plz help!
Support Forum Agent
What kind of firewall or security software do you have, Dragonism?
Rate Me! https://www.surveymk.com/s/R6BG5YS
85 Gnome Priest
Im having this problem too. It was just sudden. One minute I can paly, then the next I couldnt. I remember I turned off my firewall during that period which is weird, because its the opposite reaction. (Just a normal windows firewall)
Yeah same here it says it is playable and does nothing after then then gives me the Archive message
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
Anyone got a full error report of that error ? Or a screenshot ?

Anyone willing to upload a zipped copy of their Logs folder. You can exclude your combat and chat log but everything else we would need.

Mac Tech Support MVP (moonlights in other forums)
Here to Help :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]