Patch 4.2 Previews!

(Locked)

87 Night Elf Hunter
Yes uh where will we be able to get the tier 12 gear and also yes they should fix the 4.1 before they release another patch because alot people since the release of 4.1 including me, are having problems with disconnection and getting it to work for more than bout 2 minute so will 4.2 fix this or no?
Community Manager
04/30/2011 08:26 PMPosted by Dagnarus
Nice. A cool looking mount anyone can go for? Is that true?

If you're referring to the Flameward Hippogryph, then yes! True story, bro.

There are couple of restrictions to keep in mind, though. In order to start playing through the new daily hubs, you'll need be level 85 and already completed enough quests in Mount Hyjal to have reclaimed the Regrowth area.

04/30/2011 08:26 PMPosted by Dagnarus
and cost a lot of those new marks being introduced.

So, this is something I think deserves a little extra clarity.

The primary purpose of the new Marks of the World Tree will be unlocking new content (new quests, additional item vendors, etc). You'll be able to purchase the gear from the vendors you unlock with just gold, so they won't really come into play there.

That being said, we still want Marks of the World Tree (and, by extension, the daily quests that provide them) to feel rewarding even after you've unlocked all available content at the Regrowth and Molten Front. Though we haven't settled on anything specific, we're looking to add a few items on vendors that players can purchase with their surplus marks even after they've progressed through every unlock stage.

Oh, and I know I saw someone ask this earlier, but nearly all of the quests at the Regrowth and Molten Front will award reputation for Guardians of Hyjal. The Druids of the Talon and Shadow Wardens, while pivotal to your progress in the Firelands, will not be getting their own reputations in 4.2. :)
Edited by Lylirra on 5/5/2011 3:15 PM PDT
05/03/2011 05:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
Oh, and I know I saw someone ask this earlier, but nearly all of the quests at the Regrowth and Molten Front will award reputation for Guardians of Hyjal. The Druids of the Talon and Shadow Wardens, while pivotal to your progress in the Firelands, will not be getting their own reputations in 4.2. :)

Thats great. Will help me hit exalted with Hyjal a lot sooner.
85 Tauren Druid

There are couple of restrictions to keep in mind, though. In order to start playing through the new daily hubs, you'll need be level 85 and already completed enough quests in Mount Hyjal to have reclaimed the Regrowth area.

and cost a lot of those new marks being introduced.

So, this is something I think deserves a little extra clarity.

The primary purpose of the new Marks of the World Tree will be unlocking new content (new quests, additional item vendors, etc). You'll be able to purchase the gear from the vendors you unlock with just gold, so they won't really come into play there.

That being said, we still want Marks of the World Tree (and, by extension, the daily quests that provide them) to feel rewarding even after you've unlocked all available content at the Regrowth and Molten Front. Though we haven't settled on anything specific, we're looking to add a few items on vendors that players can purchase with their surplus marks after they've progressed through every unlock stage.

Is there a reputation at all though being added? Was kinda hoping for another fun raid rep for rings or whatnot.
85 Night Elf Druid

I'm extremely disappointed in this, as I chose to do Vash'jir on this character. Wasn't the point of having two starter zones that you could choose one on a character and ignore the other? I've already done Hyjal on another character and don't look forward to having to do lots of lowbie quests again just to get access to the new content. Reclaiming the Regrowth is near the end of the zone.

This expansion is shaping up to be very alt-unfriendly. Having to do nearly the entire Deepholm lines just to unlock shoulder enchants was bad enough.

Please reconsider. Perhaps an account-wide unlock?
90 Orc Warrior

I'm extremely disappointed in this, as I chose to do Vash'jir on this character. Wasn't the point of having two starter zones that you could choose one on a character and ignore the other? I've already done Hyjal on another character and don't look forward to having to do lots of lowbie quests again just to get access to the new content. Reclaiming the Regrowth is near the end of the zone.

Having to do nearly the entire Deepholm lines just to unlock shoulder enchants was bad enough.

Very much this.

90 Blood Elf Paladin

!

...I love you all. Excuse me while I do a happy dance.

*flop on ground like fish happy dance*
Fix Elemental Shamans while you're on the topic of Elementals....in fireland >.>
85 Troll Mage

Would it be possible through the tabard system to attribute the rep gains from completing these quests to another faction? I imagine a fair number of players would be exalted with Guardians of Hyjal now that's all and wont gain any additional benefit.
58 Worgen Death Knight
05/03/2011 06:23 PMPosted by Kalisti

This expansion is shaping up to be very alt-unfriendly. Having to do nearly the entire Deepholm lines just to unlock shoulder enchants was bad enough.

I did both on my 2 85s.

I just find it better in the long run.

You just crushed my soul. I was looking forward to 60 reps without the hell that is WSG....
85 Worgen Warlock
Just take the 2ish hours and do the zone, get the xp, etc.

DId you not do it for the rep rewards either?

10 Gnome Warlock
I'm an alt fanatic and loved the new tank heirlooms you brought in with the last patch, any chance you will bring the heirloom legs in this patch? I have seen the heirloom legs on wowhead for a long time, since cata released I believe.
85 Worgen Mage
05/03/2011 06:23 PMPosted by Kalisti

I'm not sure how this is alt-unfriendly. I've done both starter zones on 8 or 9 of my Ally alts for the rep gear. Once you know the quests, they're fast and easy to do. Reclaiming the Regrowth is not really near the end. It's about mid-ish, isn't it? There are quite a few quests that come after the Reclaiming chain.
90 Tauren Paladin

YES YES YES YES YES.

Now can we PLEASE do this for Ramkahen (400 rep per day is taking FOREVER) and Earthen Ring (outright impossible without dungeons)?

Not everyone loves doing lots of dungeons (takes too long to get it up in Normals, some don't like Heroics until they're at least half 359-geared).

But then maybe if this new gear is at least 359 (or at least 346), then maybe heroics won't be so awful with random pugs...

Still, though, it'd be nice if there were a daily quest option to increase Earthen Ring and Ramkahen, at least 1500 RPD.
you'll need be level 85 and already completed enough quests in Mount Hyjal to have reclaimed the Regrowth area.
this is kind of annoying to me... I did vash till I got the mount, then finished up in Hyjal TILL THE LAST guardian quest where the zone is 'reborn'.

That is because I heard tons of people being camped by (horde/ally) lvl 85... When they then signed onto their mains to go defend themselves, they got within range to see the enemy, but as they closed the distance the phasing happened and they basically werent able to play that toon for an hour or so per time(happens often on my server... 1.8k ish ally to 16k+ horde)

So because of wanting to be able to defend myself/others... I did not do the guardian to regrow hyjal.

So basically I face either 'do quests, get dailies.... and allow myself/others to be griefed for hours at a time(literally)' or 'ignore quests, be unable to get dailies.... but be able to defend myself...' .... x_X
80 Troll Shaman
Are you going to be putting neutral guards at daily quest hubs like usual?
Community Manager
05/03/2011 05:51 PMPosted by Fehnris
Is there a reputation at all though being added? Was kinda hoping for another fun raid rep for rings or whatnot.

Not specifically for the daily quest hubs, but we are adding a separate reputation for the Firelands raid currently called the "Avengers of Hyjal." It'll work a lot like Ashen Verdict, except players won't be able to grind their way up to Exalted simply by farming trash mobs.

Personally, just based off the name alone, I plan to wear an eye-patch à la Nick Fury at all times while raiding.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]