Patch 4.2 Previews!

(Locked)

85 Orc Death Knight

Personally, just based off the name alone, I plan to wear an eye-patch à la Nick Fury at all times while raiding.

It's the only way to go.
100 Tauren Shaman
05/04/2011 04:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
Personally, just based off the name alone, I plan to wear an eye-patch à la Nick Fury at all times while raiding.

All the more reason to add some kind of wardrobe feature that allows you to use vanity items in place of real gear, specifically for appearance. Hintety hint hint!
85 Human Paladin
05/03/2011 05:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
There are couple of restrictions to keep in mind, though. In order to start playing through the new daily hubs, you'll need be level 85 and already completed enough quests in Mount Hyjal to have reclaimed the Regrowth area.

I know I'm late to the party but what about people like me who healed level 80-85? Questing was/is impossible (or simply too slow) to do when you're trying to be a decent healer in dungeons. I maybe did 10 quests between 80-85 and am completely unknown by all factions. Not only did I get penalized by not getting any guild rep but now I have no way to get a new mount? Unlike other hybrids I can't just spec dps and quest in holy gear.

I guess paladins are the only ones with this problem so it's probably not a big enough issue for anyone to spend a serious amount of time worrying about. I read on the forums about how all the healers are quitting, and that healing is too hard in Cata. Then you have a guy like me who enjoys healing on his alt but it seems like such a penalty in all other aspects of the game.

Cry me a river right? haha, oh well I guess that's why this will forever remain my alt no matter how few healers there are in game.
85 Tauren Death Knight
....Can I haz eyepatch? :D
100 Blood Elf Priest
I *just* got my Molten Core rep to exalted and was like, "yes! no more lava!!".

Then this happens. More red/yellow/orange undulating ground on the screen that dries out my eyeballs IRL (really, can barely fish those fire volatiles in Hyjal). I already live in Hawaii, I don't need lava in my gaming world.

But yay for patch with more things to do. And Bash was cute. =P

ps. I may have to dual eye-patch. Hard to see though. >_<
Edited by Vixie on 5/4/2011 5:19 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Any word on when warriors, warlocks, druids and shamans get a preview of their tiered armor art? It has been almost a week since the initial six went out.
100 Human Warrior
Is there a reputation at all though being added? Was kinda hoping for another fun raid rep for rings or whatnot.

Not specifically for the daily quest hubs, but we are adding a separate reputation for the Firelands raid currently called the "Avengers of Hyjal." It'll work a lot like Ashen Verdict, except players won't be able to grind their way up to Exalted simply by farming trash mobs.

uhhh, then how Can you gain rep?
Community Manager
05/04/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Tarian
Any word on when warriors, warlocks, druids and shamans get a preview of their tiered armor art?

Yes and no. I don't have any dates for you, but I believe druid is coming up next. :)
100 Blood Elf Paladin

I know I'm late to the party but what about people like me who healed level 80-85? Questing was/is impossible (or simply too slow) to do when you're trying to be a decent healer in dungeons. I maybe did 10 quests between 80-85 and am completely unknown by all factions. Not only did I get penalized by not getting any guild rep but now I have no way to get a new mount? Unlike other hybrids I can't just spec dps and quest in holy gear.

Is shockadin not effective above level 80? If not, and you don't have a friend willing to quest with you, you should start picking up Strength/Stamina plate gear in dungeons (obviously only when no one else needs it for a main spec).

As a hybrid, it's a good general rule to keep armor sets for at least two of your roles. You never know when you'll want the versatility.
100 Draenei Mage
After reading the patch notes...seriously?? Could Innervate be any more worthless now?
85 Night Elf Mage
What's the next update gonna be and when?
90 Night Elf Priest
sounds like eyepatches are confirmed for the appearance tab.
Community Manager
05/05/2011 12:10 AMPosted by Leemesgee
sounds like eyepatches are confirmed for the appearance tab.

I meant in real life -- which is so much cooler (depth perception be damned). It'll provide some nice visual context for when I yell "Avengers assemble!" over vent.

05/04/2011 06:38 PMPosted by Nextgener
uhhh, then how Can you gain rep?

With Avengers of Hyjal? Killing bosses in Firelands, for one. :)

(Quips aside, I'll work on getting some more details for you about the actual reputation structure.)
85 Goblin Warlock
WTB green fire on lock set! :D (Or purple, I always did like purple.)

Also I hope the legendary staff makes me really sparkly. I want a trail of glitter wherever I go. And maybe dragon wings. And the ability to turn into a dragon and fly. And um, an RP outfit that looks like Alexstrasza/Ysera's. >.> That's not too much to ask right?!

In all seriousness, I'm really excited for this patch.

90 Tauren Paladin
So, no fixes yet for Ret Paladin's abysmal survivability.....

......meh.

I guess we (Ret) will continue to be the squishiest class in the game. I mean, they could at least give us Instant-Cast Holy Light with Crusade or something, sheesh. Pretty bad when Rogues and Warriors out-heal Ret Paladins...
85 Worgen Druid
their are going to be only 7 raid bosses, one of the producers said they are doing this so you don't have to raid as often so you can experience more of the game.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]