Patch 4.2 Previews!

(Locked)

85 Worgen Death Knight
So with Firelands, you now have the option of creating a new area that is accessible via portal and not located on the map directly... Is there a chance that this could be a stepping stone to implementing housing?
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Can you preview fxed bg queues or is this another pve lovefest patch?
85 Undead Rogue
Less 2h legendary weapons more daggers plz... unless combat rogues can get titans grip>.>
100 Draenei Shaman
Did I miss something or do shamans not get a Tier12?
85 Troll Hunter
I've seen the datamined Firelands raid maps, and I believe they are by far the most epic raid maps I've seen. It does bring me a mental image of that being displayed in huge screen, and thousands in black wear rocking the Sign of the horns, in an epic manner. Well done!

Somehow I also feel that a map and encounters developer is laughing like a mad scientist whenever he sees the Beth'Tilac's Lair subarea of the map. *shudder*
64 Goblin Warrior
i wish to be a Druid of the flame.
100 Human Mage
Although there are many changes yet to come in 4.2, the ones made for Mages do not bode well for us so far. I'm mainly referring to the 6 second cooldown placed upon spell steal, which btw, is already not the most reliable spell.

When people are buffed out in BGs, arena or even 1v1, a 6 second cooldown, effectively makes Spell Steal impractical, worthless in some cases. "Great, I just stole Righteous Fury, now I have to wait 6 seconds before I can even try to take the priest's shield on him". You might as well just take it out of the game, because there are so many better things to do in the heat of battle.

The only way a 6 second cooldown would be acceptable, is if mages could set their Spell Steal to take a certain category of magic effects.

-Shields
-Buffs
-Heals (HoTs)

Making an interface would be simple, pretty much like the Shaman totem interface, where you can pic exactly what effect you want the spell to have. This wouldn't break the bank, especially not for Blizzard, and would allow players to be more tactical. Even if the cooldown isn't changed, I strongly recommend this anyway.
85 Night Elf Priest
New PvP Gear?!
100 Blood Elf Mage
Will all justice points become valor points and all valor points turn into gold with 4.2?

100 Undead Warlock
05/12/2011 06:42 PMPosted by Bitterhope
Will all justice points become valor points and all valor points turn into gold with 4.2?

for pvp, Conquest gets turned into honour, and you keep your honour, i imagine itll be the same for pve gear, tho they'll likely reduce the cost of the old gear
05/04/2011 09:50 AMPosted by Taggthemage
So basically I face either 'do quests, get dailies.... and allow myself/others to be griefed for hours at a time(literally)' or 'ignore quests, be unable to get dailies.... but be able to defend myself...' .... x_X

Sorry, your right to whine was declared null and void the moment you rolled on a PvP server. Get friends or server xfer, kkthxbai.
85 Draenei Mage
Now that we are in Cata, I think we should be able to add a tab to the Spell Book. I myself am a collector of the ingame toys and events trinkets. (archaeology toys, world events, etc) I no longer have room to store them and since most of them you can ever only obtain once, wouldnt it be wise to treat them as a companion or mount and just add them to the spell book? saving space and not being able to accidentally delete them? The same should go for Tabards.I have collected all these tabards and my bank is full. I dont want to get rid of them because there is no way to get some of them again...

Just something that I think would enhance game play and would allow some people to enjoy the game more knowing its worth the time to get the toy since it wont take up space in their banks.

I wasnt sure if i posted this in the right place. I am not a forum person. I just enjoy the lore of the game and hate not being able to contain all my trinkets i get. The last place I posted this it sat with no replies for weeks. so please some one answer. =)
85 Goblin Shaman
05/10/2011 10:49 AMPosted by Silkysmooth

Not specifically for the daily quest hubs, but we are adding a separate reputation for the Firelands raid currently called the "Avengers of Hyjal." It'll work a lot like Ashen Verdict, except players won't be able to grind their way up to Exalted simply by farming trash mobs.

Personally, just based off the name alone, I plan to wear an eye-patch à la Nick Fury at all times while raiding.

Yes, because raiders need yet another way to lock themselves ahead of people who prefer not to.

I'm sure this is where you'll lock the new tradeskill recipes up, because we all know that sewing and raiding are intimately related.

Bravo - the rich get richer again. Wait, that sounds a lot like the real world. Fun.
What exactly do you need better gear and such for if you aren't raiding anyways ?
100 Draenei Shaman
05/12/2011 06:42 PMPosted by Bitterhope

You've got it backward. Valor Points will become Justice Points, I don't know if the excess points will be converted to gold.
85 Tauren Paladin
PLZ FIX ELEMENTAL SHAMANS PLZ T.T
100 Tauren Druid
Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest.
Legendary Staff.
Item Level 404.
Clever joke towards all the data miners out there?

Also, T12 Druid and Shaman look awesome. Just sayin.
100 Tauren Warrior
with the new patch will all pieces of tier 11 be purchasable with JP? or just the legs hands and chest? Because it would be really nice if we could, sure would help many of us casual raiders be able to see firelands content a tad better.
94 Orc Shaman

All current VP gear will be JP gear. VP will become JP. The only thing im waiting for is what happens if you flow over the 4000 cap?

05/18/2011 10:08 AMPosted by Ordithius
with the new patch will all pieces of tier 11 be purchasable with JP? or just the legs hands and chest? Because it would be really nice if we could, sure would help many of us casual raiders be able to see firelands content a tad better.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]