Patch 4.2 Previews!

(Locked)

93 Orc Shaman
Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest.
Legendary Staff.
Item Level 404.
Clever joke towards all the data miners out there?

Also, T12 Druid and Shaman look awesome. Just sayin.

Where did you see the druid gear at?
85 Night Elf Druid
will it be ok to save VP ot get a few T12 after the patch or are you going to reset/convert points as so ppl have to raid new content to get t12? i know i'm not the olny person wanting to know this
90 Undead Warlock
05/04/2011 04:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
Is there a reputation at all though being added? Was kinda hoping for another fun raid rep for rings or whatnot.

Not specifically for the daily quest hubs, but we are adding a separate reputation for the Firelands raid currently called the "Avengers of Hyjal." It'll work a lot like Ashen Verdict, except players won't be able to grind their way up to Exalted simply by farming trash mobs.

Personally, just based off the name alone, I plan to wear an eye-patch à la Nick Fury at all times while raiding.

Please say "Avenger" will be the title you can unlock when you hit exalted. Just so I can shout Assemble at any given opportunity...
85 Undead Mage
When is it going to hit?
100 Human Mage

uhhh, then how Can you gain rep?

With Avengers of Hyjal? Killing bosses in Firelands, for one. :)

(Quips aside, I'll work on getting some more details for you about the actual reputation structure.)

Let's math this for a moment. Avengers will most likely start Neutral (as most new factions do). 3000 to friendly + 6000 to honored + 12000 to revered + 21000 to exalt = 42k reputation to gain.
Boss kills (In Heroics when wearing a tabard) at present give 250 rep. There will be 7 bosses in Firelands. A full Firelands run will award 1750 reputation if the numbers are not fixed in any manner. It will take 24 full clears (Or the approximate number of boss kills all in all e.g. 24 x 7 = 168 total boss kills)

This doesn't take into account guild level attained reputation rewards (Mr. Popularity Rank 2) being a human or havign an Avengers of Hyjal tabard on in Heroics (if they go that route)

We are presently not given anything else to go off of, however that is a lot of work for little reward. By the time guild members are exalted with Avengers, it seems that out of the sheer number of boss kills, they would already have the gear equal to or better than that from the quartermaster.

TL;DR version: Without dailies and trash giving rep towards the new faction, the grind seems to appear overwhelming and not very entertaining.
85 Worgen Priest
Kind of hoping hybrids can obtain both the rings for damage/healing damage/tanking,

(Assuming its A *you may only take one ring* thing, but can swap for gold at any time)

However making them unique equipped would seem fair if this wasnt the case.

If this has already been explained just disregard this, I didnt really read all of this thread like most ;p
100 Draenei Death Knight
i must be stupid i cant seem to figure how to make my own forum topic for the devs to see anyone know how i can do this?
85 Orc Hunter
I was taking a gander at the Mail Physical Damage gear and I had a growing concern for the shear amount mastery i'm seeing. It seems to be gimping BM to the extreme for pve. When your pet will only ever do 40-45% of your damage, Mastery just doesn't work for a pve stat.
Proper BM gearing currently is Crit/Hit/Haste gear and reforging the mastery on the gear you just HAVE to have it on cuz its the only choice for the gear.

Now, and I've been on the side of changing the BM talent Intimidation for a long time, HOWEVER... I've come up with a slightly better solution that can be buffed/nerfed on the same level as Explosive Shot and Aimed Shot. My idea is to:
Change BM mastery to increase the Bestial Wrath a certain percentage

Now i know its not as cut and dry a fix as i would like to dream it would be, but it would make all the mastery we are seeing on gear more appealing. BM mastery is great for pvp as it currently... but if you change the mastery to affect BW it would make it an attractive stat for BOTH pve and pvp.
85 Night Elf Hunter
Just wishing that the chaos orbs would BoE instead of current. Could really use that extra $$.
100 Night Elf Druid
So is blizzard adding feral/hunter cloaks to the lootlist eventually?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow, that T12 gear is some of the worst designs I've ever seen for gear...

Paladins tanking while looking like fire mages ? No thanks !
Poor hunters look like they decapitated a goblin for their new helm, DKs look like evil lobsters... Need I go on ?

I will sacrifice some stats to avoid looking like a tool bag in the T12 Paladin gear...
85 Night Elf Druid
IMO i really hate when they nerf raids. like i havent read 4.2 becuase i like it to be a suprise. but i heard their nerfing the normal raids by 20%. i really hate when blixx does this becuase ppl who just come back to wow really dont have a challenge and just down them easy and gear up twice as easy. it grind my gears lol
85 Tauren Warrior
Any new 5man releases?
85 Orc Shaman

This is my first post on the forums EVER and this will be my last.

I'm officially disappointed. 4.2 Nerf to content is an insult and frankly catering to bad players.

What ever happened to earning gear with time, patience and coordination? I remember when killing raid bosses meant something (Sunwell, Black Temple etc.), now there handed out like pieces of candy to infant children. You have decided to cater to bad players and make this a "how many credit card numbers can i get" game.

I believe your best expansion (TBC) showed that it was ok to be behind in content with it still being challenging, you had several tiers of gear with challenging content attached to it. Guilds behind the curve didn't feel like they were bad because they couldn't down vash. Because at the end of BC vash was still hard (even in sunwell gear). However, these days guilds feel that they are horrible because they haven't downed current content and not only is this not true but you are now encouraging this behavior and creating more "entitlement" to people who have. You are creating an elitist atmosphere to players that is probably some of the most unchallenging content in wow to date (Everything kinda involves 3 mechanics, don't stand in it, get out of it, move away from it, and raiding should be more than that!) and with that comes an ugly disgusting self entitlement attitude to other players. Where as your hard-modes and who have downed them is a reflection of this (wowprogression.com read the numbers and you be the judge).

I understand you might be in a panic because u just lost 600k subscribers but that does not mean defile content (and betray players) that could still potentially be fun and challenging to guilds who haven't experienced them yet. I remember when I got a piece of gear from a boss I struggled with my guild for weeks, and when i got it, the rewards were fruitful. But with this nerf it is almost the equivalent of TOC x200 where now people can completely jump over raid content and make it irrelevant. THIS IS NOT HOW THIS GAME SHOULD WORK! guilds should be systematically going up in raid content from the beginning of the expansion progressing and achieving.

and with nerfing the current content, how long is it gonna take for people to get bored with 7 raid bosses? The medical profession has a term for a patient that is loosing strength (in this case player base) that is still fighting to keep their health, its called "CTD" - Circling the Drain, and Blizz I believe you are in a state of CTD.

With this being said I do not agree with where u are taking this game (and neither do several community leaders) and after several years I will not be playing this game anymore.

And to those of you who are reading this and agree with my statements should speak up and agree. You have betrayed your initial target audience, community and have become a greedy company.

As soon as my play time is up i will be leaving.

Good night and Good Luck!
85 Undead Warrior
This is my first post on the forums EVER and this will be my last.

I'm officially disappointed. 4.2 Nerf to content is an insult and frankly catering to bad players.

What ever happened to earning gear with time, patience and coordination? I remember when killing raid bosses meant something (Sunwell, Black Temple etc.), now there handed out like pieces of candy to infant children. You have decided to cater to bad players and make this a "how many credit card numbers can i get" game.

I believe your best expansion (TBC) showed that it was ok to be behind in content with it still being challenging, you had several tiers of gear with challenging content attached to it. Guilds behind the curve didn't feel like they were bad because they couldn't down vash. Because at the end of BC vash was still hard (even in sunwell gear). However, these days guilds feel that they are horrible because they haven't downed current content and not only is this not true but you are now encouraging this behavior and creating more "entitlement" to people who have. You are creating an elitist atmosphere to players that is probably some of the most unchallenging content in wow to date (Everything kinda involves 3 mechanics, don't stand in it, get out of it, move away from it, and raiding should be more than that!) and with that comes an ugly disgusting self entitlement attitude to other players. Where as your hard-modes and who have downed them is a reflection of this (wowprogression.com read the numbers and you be the judge).

I understand you might be in a panic because u just lost 600k subscribers but that does not mean defile content (and betray players) that could still potentially be fun and challenging to guilds who haven't experienced them yet. I remember when I got a piece of gear from a boss I struggled with my guild for weeks, and when i got it, the rewards were fruitful. But with this nerf it is almost the equivalent of TOC x200 where now people can completely jump over raid content and make it irrelevant. THIS IS NOT HOW THIS GAME SHOULD WORK! guilds should be systematically going up in raid content from the beginning of the expansion progressing and achieving.

and with nerfing the current content, how long is it gonna take for people to get bored with 7 raid bosses? The medical profession has a term for a patient that is loosing strength (in this case player base) that is still fighting to keep their health, its called "CTD" - Circling the Drain, and Blizz I believe you are in a state of CTD.

With this being said I do not agree with where u are taking this game (and neither do several community leaders) and after several years I will not be playing this game anymore.

And to those of you who are reading this and agree with my statements should speak up and agree. You have betrayed your initial target audience, community and have become a greedy company.

As soon as my play time is up i will be leaving.

Good night and Good Luck!

YES!!!@!@!@!@#$!@#%^%$&*^(^&*&^#%!%@$~!@%$#^^&(*%*&#@$!~$#@%#^$&%*(&^%$!@#$^%&*(^%$#@!#^&*(^%$#@!#$&*(&^%$#@!$&*(&^%$#@!#$%^&*

oww my face.
92 Tauren Druid
Actually I don't think you should be allowed into anything new until you completed every boss in every raid in progression from 10man to 25man to stop all whiners from jumping all over the place go do some original raids and learn something first then move on. Obviously you shouldn't be worrying about cata raids if you haven't even completed all of Lich King just a rambling thought....
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Does it make since for Hungering Cold to have a 1.5 sec cast and Psychic Sream to be instant cast? Either way the one/multiple targets are going to be CCd for 8 secs.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]