Taming the ZG cat

85 Orc Hunter
With ZG there's a new kitty to get! It's a jet black panther with red eyes and a real pain to tame. The problem with them is they have an aggro wipe and randomly jump to another player and such so its difficult to tame. Here's how I did it. When you get into the temple right before the cat boss kill the shadow hunter with the 2 cats you won't be able to tame one of those. Down the stairs you'll find 4 mobs and a cat with the shadow hunter. The cats are immune to CC so don't try. You're going to need a group willing to die on this one or 4 CC's. If the group is willing to die then make the pull and kill one mob (Not the shadow hunter) then wipe (Sucks I know) When everyone has run back CC all the mobs except the cat. Here's the trick no one in the group can attack anything and start taming the cat the moment all the CC is in place. Then volia a new kitty. I did it with a group with a mage and pally and myself doing the CC. Good luck to those who want to tame the cat and convincing a PUG group to die for your new tame.
Reply Quote
only place to get them is from Auriaya in Ulduar or in ZG per Petiopia.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I haven't seen an all black cat with the red glowing eyes elsewhere. I've seen orange striped ones from lost city then spotted ones somewhere in northrend.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I solo tamed one last night from ZG, you make it sound a lot more difficult that it needs to be lol
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I tamed mine yesterday, my group didn't need to die...we just marked one of the cats as off limits for them, and I tamed while they handle the rest of it. I got the tame off and my new kitty helped kill the rest of the mobs. Yes, was a little hectic, but no, does not require crazy stratregizing...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I've never liked the Hunched models myself. Saber and Lynx baby!
Reply Quote
04/29/2011 11:18 AMPosted by Shaelynia
Yes, was a little hectic, but no, does not require crazy stratregizing...

But the way the OP says it makes it much more manly and difficult. We don't want kiddies and girls thinking they can go in and do it themselves. It's tough, and only the bravest warriors(ahem, hunters) are up to the task...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
04/29/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Eltex
Yes, was a little hectic, but no, does not require crazy stratregizing...

But the way the OP says it makes it much more manly and difficult. We don't want kiddies and girls thinking they can go in and do it themselves. It's tough, and only the bravest warriors(ahem, hunters) are up to the task...

LOL, well this girl went in with a guild group and did it without any CC and without dying, so it's not that hard.

Of course my guildies are used to me calling out random mobs I want to tame when we're raiding or running dungeons, I don't think I'll ever live down the Sunwell blue dragonhawk tame...the entire raid had to leave the instance so I could aggro on the darn thing. Now they poke fun at me for not using it, so I have to bring her out once in a while :)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Derp looks like I did it the hard way then :( oh well >_<
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I saw a video on youtube on how to do this about a week ago. I've no interest in the pet myself. But it looked pretty easy in the video. I'm pretty sure the guy even did it solo.

Edit: I found the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI4MF0QUCw4
Edited by Wolvergreen on 4/29/2011 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]