Not being able to transfer accounts.

(Locked)

28 Gnome Warrior
Hello, I'm having an issue with transferring a character from one battle.net account to another battle.net account that's also owned by me. The full name, the address, the credit card details, etc are all the same minus the e-mail address.

I have transferred characters over the accounts before, and I've just tried to do it again and I've received this message:

"The target Battle.net account has no valid World of Warcraft licenses to transfer to."

It may also be noted that the account I'm transferring on has been upgraded to Cataclysm, and the one that I'm moving it to hasn't (It's a WOTLK account).

The character I'm moving meets all of the prerequisites for a transfer. The character isn't at 80 or above.
62 Orc Warlock
Hello, I'm having an issue with transferring a character from one battle.net account to another battle.net account that's also owned by me. The full name, the address, the credit card details, etc are all the same minus the e-mail address.

I have transferred characters over the accounts before, and I've just tried to do it again and I've received this message:

"The target Battle.net account has no valid World of Warcraft licenses to transfer to."

It may also be noted that the account I'm transferring on has been upgraded to Cataclysm, and the one that I'm moving it to hasn't (It's a WOTLK account).

The character I'm moving meets all of the prerequisites for a transfer. The character isn't at 80 or above.

Is it a Goblin or a Worgen? If so, you can't transfer it without having Cataclysm.
100 Blood Elf Priest
When transferring, you can only transfer to another account of equal or greater expansion level. You cannot transfer to a lower expansion level.
100 Blood Elf Priest
04/30/2011 12:45 AMPosted by Aussiee
When transferring, you can only transfer to another account of equal or greater expansion level. You cannot transfer to a lower expansion level.

Oh, are you sure about that? I thought it was actually the opposite. An account that had been upgraded further could move to a lower account.
I am 100% positive on that. You have never been able to downgrade a character by transferring to a lower level account.
86 Human Death Knight
soo i have to upgrade my wrath of the lich king account to transfer?
61 Worgen Priest
Cairs- Please do not necro 4 month old threads. It is against the rules of this forum. It is better to start a new thread if you have a question. If you read this thread your question has already been answered. You can also read the character transfer FAQ on blizzard.com/support
87 Night Elf Hunter
08/19/2011 05:06 AMPosted by Cairs

as Tink said, it's against the code of conduct to necro old threads... the very first sticky in this forum even says so...

in future, it's always a good idea to start your own thread & provide more detail...
18 Troll Priest
08/19/2011 05:51 AMPosted by Featheria

as Tink said, it's against the code of conduct to necro old threads... the very first sticky in this forum even says so...

in future, it's always a good idea to start your own thread & provide more detail...

Was it really neccessary to tell him twice? Seems to be a theme lately.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]