Mass Reroll Migration

85 Goblin Shaman
Hey, Smoldians!

I've been cruising around our thread in the general forums for a while now, and it seems that we have roughly 250-280 active level 85 horde players during peak hours, and roughly 60 active alliance level 85s during peak hours. This is pretty dismal, and frankly, this server is just no fun. It's hard to get things done. My guild has been struggling to get recruits to fill out the raid roster because of the low population, and I'm sure other horde guilds are in the same place. The alliance side is in such dire straits it will soon not even be possible to raid on that faction.

Other players have been posting in our General Forum thread where their servers are in similar situations. Cho'Gall is one of them; I can't remember the others, but it seems like there are quite a few.

Obviously we won't be getting any help from Blizzard, so what if we did some research and found a good server to roll on. Then, we'd go to these other struggling realms and get them on board with our cause. After a week or two of advertising our goals, we'd have a mass rerolling onto our chosen server, and we'd effectively bring our Smolderthorn community to that server. Plus, we'd be able to help out other struggling servers as well by granting them the same opportunity. Sure, it would completely kill what's left of Smolderthorn, but then again, it's hard to kill what's already dead.

This may be one of those things that we just have to take into our own hands.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
While that may be a good idea, a mass cause to reroll for better population and such...

There are definitely players who refuse to 're-roll', or go through the 1-85 grind again. Thus the $25 - $50 (depending what people do) would be that option, and that's if they're willing to spend the cash to transfer for this cause.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Of course. I only suggest rerolling because paying for a transfer would just put money right into the hands of those who put us into this situation and now are silent while our server dies. I think we can both ackowledge that this server was high pop right up until Blizzard opened free transfers off the realm for a month, at which point we lost too many people to recover. It's just been a downhill ride since then.

I have no opposition to transferring other than that.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Yeah, I like this idea, but the odds of getting people to pay for those transfers is pretty low.
It's a cause I really believe in, but I think it'd be much more successful if we could get Bliz to step in and do something to help make it more possible.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Also, I hate leveling WITH BoAs. I would consider bodily harm if I had to do it without them.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
But it would be pretty fun since we'd have a ton of people to level with if we rerolled. And you wouldn't need to get people to pay for transfers if they reroll!

BOAs are great if you're leveling by yourself, but if you have people to level with, the time goes by much faster.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
True.

I'm still hoping that something will be said, something will be done on Blizzard's end. That's by far the easiest solution.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I'm not getting my hopes up.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
If anything, you are paying the $15/month for 'access' (if you want to put it like those terms). Blizzard is not forcing anyone to 'stay and play on Smolderthorn', because this is your own choice to play on a dying/dead server.

People have their friends and won't leave for whatever reason thus kinda breaking the idea of rerolling on another realm sometimes.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
if you got a big enough group who would reroll alts, I'd go, seems like fun
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
04/30/2011 08:08 PMPosted by Cârebear
if you got a big enough group who would reroll alts, I'd go, seems like fun

I'll wait for a week (until I'm done with final exams) to see if Blizzard responds to the main thread in the General Forums. If not, I may try to get something going.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
If we get a big group going at it, I'll level with you.
But I agree, give it a week, for various reasons, and then we'll see what we can do
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I would be surprised if blizz responds to the thread. and the fact is while rerolling sounds like a good idea, and people would do it. we all would miss our 85s and all that goes along with them and many if not most would end up going right back to them. not so different then all the people that are rolling alliance now on smolder, they aren't there to stay.
Reply Quote
91 Human Warrior
GET OFF MY LAWNNNN!

http://blogs.whatsontv.co.uk/movietalk/files/2009/02/grantorino3.jpg

PS. <3 Clint Eastwood
Edited by Deliriously on 4/30/2011 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Couldnt do it. Cant afford to, and way to many friends on smolderfail to do so.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
05/01/2011 02:55 AMPosted by Releane
Couldnt do it. Cant afford to, and way to many friends on smolderfail to do so.

I recommended rerolling, which costs nothing!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/01/2011 10:19 AMPosted by Stozzy
way to many friends on smolderfail to do so.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
04/30/2011 06:11 PMPosted by Stoz
After a week or two of advertising our goals, we'd have a mass rerolling onto our chosen server, and we'd effectively bring our Smolderthorn community to that server.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/01/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Goofed
After a week or two of advertising our goals, we'd have a mass rerolling onto our chosen server, and we'd effectively bring our Smolderthorn community to that server.

Still be dealing with starting over with nothing. Not many people are willing to do that.
Reply Quote
Id do it, i mean why not? while it would be a challenge to start over it would be one worth delving into. especially if the game was better for me in the end. And if i liked it I could trickle my toons over one at a time for support.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]