4.2 Biggest PVE Nerf ever?

85 Human Warrior
Is it safe to say that you have had it with this noise?

'Cause I think it is.

QFT

People cry about difficulty>Becomes less difficult>People cry about difficulty...
85 Worgen Mage
05/03/2011 04:13 PMPosted by Zarhym
Heroics are quite difficult for uncoordinated groups.

No, they're quite difficult for bads. Plenty of pugs were successful before the 15% buff, and plenty are successful now before this nerf.

Quit changing the game for bad players, please.
100 Night Elf Druid
05/03/2011 04:19 PMPosted by Gheed

No, they're quite difficult for bads. Plenty of pugs were successful before the 15% buff, and plenty are successful now before this nerf.

Quit changing the game for bad players, please.
Since when was "bad" a noun?
100 Tauren Shaman
We promise that the average group will still wipe in dungeons even with this change. We have plenty of data to back that up that supposition.

The sky isn't falling! Yay!
100 Human Mage
If this change goes live, assuming that each DPS and possibly the healer can CC, every pull of trash will be one mob at a time, setup way ahead of the pull just to be leisurely aggro'd by the tank.
Gone will be the coordination of planning the attack of the enemies facing your group.

You can already do one mob at a time pulling if you so desire, in fact this is how my guild groups did the Cata heroics initially when we all had low gear. There's no super coordination required, just make sure the sap goes first then the trap then the other stuff at the same time (roughly). All this change does is allow for mistakes like premature cc to not cause a wipe.

For what it's worth I can't stand cc and find it mind numbingly boring especially given my class is all decked out in aoe talents. I never understood players' clamor for cc and hatred of Wrath aoe pulls. I was excited by the comment I read where they might shift to aoe based pulls if all the classes had more interesting rotations than just spam one thing.
100 Pandaren Mage
tl/dr
blizz is ruining the game by caving in to bads who say ZA/ZG are too hard and need a nerf

Fixed

Thats what i meant to say :D

How does this hurt you? How is the game 'ruined'?

As many have also expressed this is just one more step towards making the game less about TEAMWORK and COORDINATION and more about blasting through content for individual rewards.

Pull right now (possibly a difficult pull of those flame guys in ZA)
Mage: k so ill sheep moon and hunter trap square
Hunter: ready?
Tank: r
tank pulls and adds are managed

After the change
mage sheeps a target
hunter traps the same target
hunter traps the other target
tank pulls
adds are managed but nearly all sense of planning the pull is gone from the game
And people wonder why a majority of pugs fail because of lack of communication.
85 Tauren Druid
I firmly believe kittens around the world are now crying because of the doom and gloom in this post. Is this what you wanted? Do you want to make kittens worldwide suffer? That's what happens when you make hyperbolic statements. The cat population dies off from despair.

Noooooo!!!!!

I <3 teh kittehs.

Can we please have a vendor in Tanaris so we can buy a Sand Kitten companion pet? Please? Sand kittens need love too. This will offset any kitten crying or suffering.

/bigcoweyes
85 Orc Warrior
Heres my two cents.

Many people in this game find it hard to stare at a health bar watch DBM and pew pew.

Many people in this game claim to be 2k+ and don't even know what a focus macro is.

Blizz keeps trying to make it eaiser but people just get dumber and dumber.

Point is wrath spoiled a lot of people and made their half brains become fully dead. So even keeping up a poly/fear (both ccs with no Cooldowns) is very hard to just about everyone.
Edited by Grimzoul on 5/3/2011 4:22 PM PDT
85 Human Mage
05/03/2011 04:19 PMPosted by Gheed

I'm sure we would all love to see your data supporting that.
85 Human Mage
Oh, the hyperbole! I firmly believe kittens around the world are now crying because of the doom and gloom in this post. Is this what you wanted? Do you want to make kittens worldwide suffer? That's what happens when you make hyperbolic statements. The cat population dies off from despair.

You're not helping your argument :p
85 Gnome Warlock
The part I don't like is that they didn't bother to include Fear.
85 Troll Hunter
It sounds like you're rockin' in this expansion. Presumably you even have an organized group of players with whom you play regularly. Maybe you even use vent so that marking and pulling targets is second nature. Perhaps if others aren't on your level of experience or play, they deserve to fail. Serves them right.

We disagree.

Thats great bro. Everybody else disagrees with you.

I'm sure we would all love to see your data supporting that.

You don't need data to support what he said.
Edited by Droskee on 5/3/2011 4:28 PM PDT
Blizzard Employee
Oh, the hyperbole! I firmly believe kittens around the world are now crying because of the doom and gloom in this post. Is this what you wanted? Do you want to make kittens worldwide suffer? That's what happens when you make hyperbolic statements. The cat population dies off from despair.

You're not helping your argument :p

You should know me by now. The irony was intentional. :)
100 Orc Hunter
Oh, the hyperbole!...

Awesome
100 Orc Hunter
It sounds like you're rockin' in this expansion. Presumably you even have an organized group of players with whom you play regularly. Maybe you even use vent so that marking and pulling targets is second nature. Perhaps if others aren't on your level of experience or play, they deserve to fail. Serves them right.

We disagree.

Thats great bro. Everybody else disagrees with you.

Not me. I think the skull speaks the truth.
100 Draenei Mage
05/03/2011 04:20 PMPosted by Fanahlia
Since when was "bad" a noun?

The same time "slang" became a word.
Blizzard Employee
Fear functions very differently. It's a bit wonky to allow a target to run around aimlessly under the effects of Fear and not drawing aggro from anyone. What we might do is add this CC change specifically to the Glyph of Fear.

05/03/2011 04:25 PMPosted by Rinnae
The part I don't like is that they didn't bother to include Fear.
100 Human Warlock
please don't add these training wheels to fear.

i'd rather you keep our CC minimally dangerous, seeing as how you took away CoE/CoR juggling.

edit: glyph i suppose would be ok
Edited by Anathematize on 5/3/2011 4:29 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]