4.2 Biggest PVE Nerf ever?

59 Goblin Hunter
05/03/2011 04:42 PMPosted by Starweave
Too many cats in the world after all (well, at least the one that left me a dead rabbit on the doorstep this morning).

Awww, that means they love you.
85 Dwarf Death Knight
05/03/2011 04:32 PMPosted by Zarhym
Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.

Hahaha Love this and so true!
100 Human Mage
Can mages just get our mass sheep spell in 4.2 instead?
90 Draenei Paladin
05/03/2011 04:36 PMPosted by Droskee
Fine, if you want to argue what was clearly stated I am fine with that. These 3 sentances here are what I was talking about. The topic was about CC, and either you can do CC or you can't. There is no varying level of skill involved with CC. So, if you aren't as good as somebody that CAN CC then that means that you CAN'T CC. This change makes it so that everybody can CC no matter what because there isnt a chance to mess up anymore. Therefore, what I said about skill not playing a role anymore is completely valid.

umm... sorry to say, but you're wrong. A mage that could cast polymorph before can still cast his/her polymorph just the same. The change doesn't make it easier on the mage. It just makes it so that said mage no longer have to wait for a sap or a trap before he does his sheep thing. It doesn't make it "easier" for the CC'er, it makes it easier for the tank, because he now no longer needs to pick up the remaining mobs due to a mage being a little trigger happy with his/her polymorph.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/03/2011 04:32 PMPosted by Zarhym

You agree with the specific part I quoted where he said that being unskilled doesn't mean you should lose? So anybody should do anything, regardless of skill?

Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.

In before the forum hyenas complaining about rude, condescending CMs...
100 Dwarf Hunter
05/03/2011 04:25 PMPosted by Droskee
Thats great bro. Everybody else disagrees with you.
I disagree with you and the other self-styled 'pro' players who whine whenever something is changed. You whine about dual spec, you whine about 310% flight being trainable, you whine about not having Tri-Spec, you whine about casual players being able to actually see end-game content (how dare those players who don't have the free time to play for like 8-12 hours a day dare see the content that only the 'elite' masters are supposed to see), you whine about the lockout change, and the list goes on.

Not every class has the luxury of essentially being one button wonders like Arcane, or having a decent ranged CC that effects targets of multiple creature types. Hunters suffer under current CC due to twitchy tanks pulling as soon as they see the trap launch, sintead of waiting for the big ice block to appear, instead. Shamans can see their Hexes wasted when they CC something, only for someone else to CC the same target. This change will not ruin the game; stop acting like it will. What would ruin the game would be if they gave every class an 'I Win' button that killed everything within 100 yards and showered epics down on them for every last slot.

And has the thought ever occurred to you that Blizzard might nerf encounters not becuase people complain that they are hard, but instead nerf them because they feel the fights are over-tuned? Or have mechanics that are tied to luck on who it hits and when, and whether it's survivable? I doubt it, though; eltists never actually dare think they might be wrong; everyone else is wrong to them. Get over yourself; you are not Gods gift to this game, and you never will be. If you think you could design a better game, go start up a studio and make your own.

Why can't people ever be grateful for what we do get from Blizzard? I won't complain about this change, as sometimes, CC can fail to be co-ordinated due to lag, and this goes towards a step towards helping in instances like that.
85 Night Elf Rogue
05/03/2011 04:47 PMPosted by Cud
I dunno lol, that thought scares me, and the whoknowshowmany wipes on the final boss in ZG after it was explained in gory detail several times and then watching the idiots still do it wrong... I mean... how hard is it to stand near an unbroken chain and keep adds clear? Really hard apparently lol.

It is a little scary, hehe :) Though it has positive effects.
85 Blood Elf Mage
05/03/2011 04:51 PMPosted by Seiva
In before the forum hyenas complaining about rude, condescending CMs...

You're a few years late for that cupcake.

;)
85 Undead Warlock
I agree with the floating skull on most levels. As well, I too would like to see fear added to this change for the sake of class balance.

The only problem I have with the proposed design philosophy is that to me, it often feels like Blizzard isn't doing as they claim. A lot of the changes don't feel like 'helping players communicate' and rather just removing the need to do so entirely. Though of course, personal mileage may vary, and I could be on the wrong end of the spectrum.

Personally, I don't care too much about the crowd control change myself, but I can see why the OP is starting to get his panties in a bunch over this particular aspect. My undergarments are starting to bunch up too, because I came from a time where people had to talk to each-other and make friends instead of clicking a button and getting a group of strangers, then complaining about said strangers inability to do content or the time it takes to wait for them.

This isn't a statement of "Player's shouldn't succeed because they suck!". It's more of a point that I am saddened when it's difficult for me to find a cohesive group because everyone keeps forming negative opinions about the skill or 'elitism' of each-other, and would rather not take the risk of interacting when they can just group up with people they'll never see again.

As a socially based game, this feels like a much more significant problem than people failing an instance because of their inability to understand CC mechanics. This problem also feels like it's not being addressed, so when situations that make the "Make friends" solution to problems all the less necessary, some folks feel as though being sociable on WoW and enjoying the content with people you know and talk to is just a strife in vain.

That being said, OP is an incredibly uncharismatic fellow, and I didn't really bother to read the entirety of his post, so my point might be - and probably is - a completely separate argument. I just posted because I figured Zarhym might respond since he's done so in this thread already. 'Course this last statement might cause that not to happen. It's all a cycle of psychological confusion. Oh well, I said what I wanted to.

Cheers~!
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Trash is trash, this is not gonna change any boss mechanics.
It'll be easy? Whats the problem? Do you get something special from trash mobs? And even if they're so bad they cant kill trash without this, do you think they will be able to kill the boss after the trash?
You guys always find something to QQ...
85 Draenei Shaman
People still use CC in dungeons this late into the expansion?
85 Night Elf Rogue
*snip*

Cheers~!

Good post :)
85 Dwarf Death Knight
05/03/2011 04:51 PMPosted by Aoir
I disagree with you and the other self-styled 'pro' players who whine whenever something is changed. You whine about dual spec, you whine about 310% flight being trainable, you whine about not having Tri-Spec, you whine about casual players being able to actually see end-game content (how dare those players who don't have the free time to play for like 8-12 hours a day dare see the content that only the 'elite' masters are supposed to see), you whine about the lockout change, and the list goes on.

Not every class has the luxury of essentially being one button wonders like Arcane, or having a decent ranged CC that effects targets of multiple creature types. Hunters suffer under current CC due to twitchy tanks pulling as soon as they see the trap launch, sintead of waiting for the big ice block to appear, instead. Shamans can see their Hexes wasted when they CC something, only for someone else to CC the same target. This change will not ruin the game; stop acting like it will. What would ruin the game would be if they gave every class an 'I Win' button that killed everything within 100 yards and showered epics down on them for every last slot.

And has the thought ever occurred to you that Blizzard might nerf encounters not becuase people complain that they are hard, but instead nerf them because they feel the fights are over-tuned? Or have mechanics that are tied to luck on who it hits and when, and whether it's survivable? I doubt it, though; eltists never actually dare think they might be wrong; everyone else is wrong to them. Get over yourself; you are not Gods gift to this game, and you never will be. If you think you could design a better game, go start up a studio and make your own.

Why can't people ever be grateful for what we do get from Blizzard? I won't complain about this change, as sometimes, CC can fail to be co-ordinated due to lag, and this goes towards a step towards helping in instances like that.

I like you
85 Human Rogue
Will resisted CCs aggro the mob/group?
85 Troll Hunter
05/03/2011 04:51 PMPosted by Aoir

Casuals are the ones that want tri-spec. Not hardcores. As for the rest of the post: You admit that there is actually something that they could do that would kill PvE. That is good, you see that they actually could do this. This minor change isn't what is going to kill PvE. It is part of a long list of changes that have been made over the years and that will continue to be changed. How long until Blizz decides that enrage timers don't really add anything to the game? I know a lot of people would be happy about that, and that would be abother minor change. Minor changes add up over time. The only reason for this change is because CCing took a small amount of skill and they didn't feel that it should. That is A OK, I can't argue their design choices. All that i'm saying is that the condition of the game is going to go down as long as nerfs are made, there is a certain point where the game can't get any easier.
For my last point, try to think of the last time since, say BC, that Blizzard has added anything to PvE that has made it MORE difficult.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Zarhym in rare form. <3 his silly sense of humor.

This is a nice change, too bad Mind Control wasn't included but I know what I'm doing, when to pick it up from a broken CC and how not to get eaten by the mob after it breaks. Maybe newbies in dungeons won't be so scared to use their own CC with this change.

Not all dungeon groups have CC abilities nor need it, but it can help when it's available. Nothing wrong with keeping the CC caster alive when someone's inadvertent fat-aoe prematurely emancipates the mobs.

This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]