4.2 Biggest PVE Nerf ever?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/03/2011 04:52 PMPosted by Vynistra
In before the forum hyenas complaining about rude, condescending CMs...

You're a few years late for that cupcake.

;)

Well, yeah. But you know we'll be seeing threads titled BLIZZARD Y U SO UNPROFESSIONAL with this thread linked in the OP.
85 Troll Hunter
Hard modes?

Also try not to be a drama queen about it. All you see is a dysfunctional pattern that you choose to see.

No. Hardmodes are new, but they didn't make it harder. Hard modes are the old normal mode, the point of the change was so that there could be an easy mode. And sorry if you are reading my posts thinking of me crying and being over-dramatic, but i'm posting to tell about one side of the arguement, not to just say that I dislike the idea but it's good too.

Also, since there are too many to quote, i'll just say that no, I don't think Zar(don't know rest of name) was being unprofessional, he was being rude, no doubt, but it is his job to agree and defend what his company stands for. Just like it is me who is only stating one side of the arguement, that is what he did.
Edited by Droskee on 5/3/2011 5:04 PM PDT
85 Gnome Warrior
Keep it the way it is... I am NOT an elitest by ANY means and they are ALREADY face roll... and im a tank
38 Human Warrior
05/03/2011 05:03 PMPosted by Draug
So what happens when a person CC's but it turns out somebody isn't ready or the tank DCed, or somebody jumps the gun CCing as soon as their mob is marked but before any others can be set. or a number of other things that can actually go wrong with CCing where not aggroing the mobs would be a good thing because the group actually doesn't want to enter combat due to the mistake of 1 person.

you mean, what happens when something doesn't go exactly as planned?
85 Blood Elf Mage
05/03/2011 05:02 PMPosted by Seiva
Well, yeah. But you know we'll be seeing threads titled BLIZZARD Y U SO UNPROFESSIONAL with this thread linked in the OP.

Naturally. This thread will also be the proof that...

WoW is dying
Blizzard doesn't listen to raiders
Blizzard caters to casuals
99.99% (except the raid the person runs with) are useless scrubs who should quit
Epics don't belong to anyone who doesn't get world firsts

The list goes on and on....
85 Troll Hunter

Fine, if you want to argue what was clearly stated I am fine with that. These 3 sentances here are what I was talking about. The topic was about CC, and either you can do CC or you can't. There is no varying level of skill involved with CC. So, if you aren't as good as somebody that CAN CC then that means that you CAN'T CC. This change makes it so that everybody can CC no matter what because there isnt a chance to mess up anymore. Therefore, what I said about skill not playing a role anymore is completely valid.

So what happens when a person CC's but it turns out somebody isn't ready or the tank DCed, or somebody jumps the gun CCing as soon as their mob is marked but before any others can be set. or a number of other things that can actually go wrong with CCing where not aggroing the mobs would be a good thing because the group actually doesn't want to enter combat due to the mistake of 1 person.

Then something different happens and you try to salvage the situation.
1 Troll Mage
So if you have enough classes in your group to CC does that mean certain small packs of mobs can just be CC'd while you walk by to the next set?
Edited by Webhero on 5/3/2011 5:07 PM PDT
90 Undead Mage

No. Hardmodes are new, but they didn't make it harder. Hard modes are the old normal mode, the point of the change was so that there could be an easy mode. And sorry if you are reading my posts thinking of me crying and being over-dramatic, but i'm posting to tell about one side of the arguement, not to just say that I dislike the idea but it's good too.

Also, since there are too many to quote, i'll just say that no, I don't think Zar(don't know rest of name) was being unprofessional, he was being rude, no doubt, but it is his job to agree and defend what his company stands for. Just like it is me who is only stating one side of the arguement, that is what he did.

I sincerely hope you're posting on an alt, because your progression directly contradicts every point you're trying to make.
85 Undead Rogue
I think the REAL issue here is 4.2 needs to be out on PTRs like now do it Zar
85 Worgen Mage
05/03/2011 04:33 PMPosted by Maraad
I started the game near the end of ICC raid content and the content of the game I've enjoyed the most is the Zul'Aman remake with its focus on teamwork compared to the dissaster of ease that plagued WOTLK content

Heres a clue... Wrath dungeons were not nearly that easy when Wrath launched. They didn't reach full steamroll til mid-ToC and then complete snoozefest during ICC. Don't talk about disaster of ease that plagued WOTLK content when you were only there for the end of expansion.

I'm worried that the game is starting to navigate back towards that easiness for the sake of pleasing people who don't want to learn how to be better players.

Huh? Most peoples problem is there unwillingness to use CC. This won't change that in the slightest. It will however make coordinated groups runs easier.

tl/dr blizz is ruining the game by caving in to casuals who say ZA/ZG are too hard and need a nerf

ZA/ZG need virtually no CC on trash. I've completed ZA twice now tanking using NO CC (course healer wasn't exactly happy about it was onboard for trying it lol) so no this is not a nerf based on forum QQ.

Just noticed this exchange. OP didn't join until ICC was out and everyone and their dogs outgeared the 5-mans so much that they were a running joke. He never saw BC and the extensive CC needed for some of those heroics. And the trash... man, the trash. Clearing what would be an instance full of trash between bosses. But even then, once you started getting raid geared, CC would be ignored in true run and gun style there too.

I suspect you've been listening far too much to other people complain about content, but really don't have a lot of experience in it beyond ICC and spamming heroics via RDF when heroics were a joke.

People wiped -plenty- in Wrath heroics to start. Loken was the PuG killer. OK was despised for the trash. Let's not even get into Oculus.

These changes are not going to affect you one iota and you know it. But I guess people have to complain about something.
1 Orc Warrior
Bahahahaha ITT OP gets owned by blue.
85 Night Elf Rogue
So if you have enough classes in your group CC'd does that mean certain small packs of mobs can just be CC'd while you walk by to the next set?

If you get in range of them they'll still agro.
1 Troll Mage
05/03/2011 05:08 PMPosted by Real
So if you have enough classes in your group CC'd does that mean certain small packs of mobs can just be CC'd while you walk by to the next set?

If you get in range of them they'll still agro.

So that's a yes then, in terms of as long as you're far enough away you can ignore entire packs of mobs as long as it's a small number in that pack.
90 Worgen Mage
the mechanics in zg and za are laregly depending on the dps avoiding them to not die
if you take the brunt of the mechanics in za or zg you just die
the healer cant compensate
the tank cant compensate you just die

if you cant handle it do not q up for zg and za
85 Troll Hunter
05/03/2011 05:06 PMPosted by Swizzlelol
I sincerely hope you're posting on an alt, because your progression directly contradicts every point you're trying to make.

This is an alt, the worst of 5 85's, but none of my points even had anything to do with hardcore raiding. They all apply to all aspects of PvE.
85 Night Elf Druid
Edit: Bro.

Classic!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]