Why do we need to be nickeled and dimed?

40 Draenei Shaman
I think if cost on server transferring is kept, then something should be done on the developer end to ensure quality of life on all servers. People on practically dead servers (only a few dozen players online at peak hour) are stuck between re-rolling (up to 10 toons) or paying (up to $250). Free transfers to these servers don't work (no one wants to move to a dead realm) and Blizzard is adamantly opposed to mergers. Servers with severely offset faction ratios, though not quite as big a problem, could be helped by free faction changes after a certain H:A ratio is met.
29 Dwarf Rogue
05/03/2011 11:35 PMPosted by Bstabbinu
10$ isn't much, but it's better spent elsewhere

Working as intended.
85 Dwarf Paladin
I don't mean to sound like a nerdraging jerk but you can't expect me to believe that the server/faction/re-customization features aren't completely automated.

If nothing else, the server change feature should be free. (with a very hefty cool down)

I don't mean to sound like a nerdraging jerk but you can't expect me to believe that the server/faction/re-customization features aren't completely automated.

If nothing else, the server change feature should be free. (with a very hefty cool down)

I bet for a server/faction change, there is someone the "oversees" the process and that is why it does not happen instantly.
87 Gnome Priest
These are premium services added to better accommodate the wants and needs of players. They do not factor into what you get for buying the game/expansions and paying monthly for access to the serers. By no means do you need any of these premium services to enjoy World of Warcraft gameplay to the fullest extent. Should you desire to take advantage of some extra services to enhance your enjoyment of the game though, they're certainly there for you... if you feel it's worth the price.

We've made countless quality-of-life improvements to the game in terms of content, UI, data storage, character profiles, etc. We've expanded upon what you get for your monthly subscription by leaps and bounds since the game was first released, but the subscription price has not changed.

Everything we do and every service we add costs more money than you might realize. So, if we do occasionally add some premium services which are purely to give you more options for enjoying the game how you want (changing your realm, faction, race, name, physical appearance, etc.), we need to make sure there is an appropriate value added to those services so we can sustain them, sustain our business, and keep focusing on making this the best game possible. :)

And yet "School of Hard Knocks" is still in game.

Sorry, just had to. =P
Unfortunately, greed rules, and you have to bite the bullet if you wish to just change your name, a service many games offer for free.

Oh? What MMO's let you do this?
86 Troll Priest
These are premium services added to better accommodate the wants and needs of players. They do not factor into what you get for buying the game/expansions and paying monthly for access to the serers. By no means do you need any of these premium services to enjoy World of Warcraft gameplay to the fullest extent. Should you desire to take advantage of some extra services to enhance your enjoyment of the game though, they're certainly there for you... if you feel it's worth the price.

We've made countless quality-of-life improvements to the game in terms of content, UI, data storage, character profiles, etc. We've expanded upon what you get for your monthly subscription by leaps and bounds since the game was first released, but the subscription price has not changed.

Everything we do and every service we add costs more money than you might realize. So, if we do occasionally add some premium services which are purely to give you more options for enjoying the game how you want (changing your realm, faction, race, name, physical appearance, etc.), we need to make sure there is an appropriate value added to those services so we can sustain them, sustain our business, and keep focusing on making this the best game possible. :)

The real nickle and diming is the lack of additions to character slots per server. We've had 4 new races and a whole new class since vanilla, and no new character slots ever? That I think is the real source of people thinking you're nickle and diming us as a lot of these services wouldn't be as wanted if we could just freely make more characters.

No new slots, still needing bank toons because of low storage space on a per character basis? The real thing about this is how many of us HAVE to have two accounts just to experience new stuff they put in the game? That's the real crime in this.
85 Tauren Paladin
Because 55 dollars is a reasonable price to transfer one character to another realm on another faction, right Zarhym? I think it's silly to try to justify the pricing as anything other than corporate greed.
90 Draenei Shaman
05/03/2011 10:13 PMPosted by Reptilia
Blizzard doesn't want you to change realms, factions, races etc every 5 minutes.

Which is why they have a one week cooldown.

I miss the days of 3 month cooldowns. It forced you to try and make things work with a guild.
28 Orc Hunter

People keep saying that, but what's wrong with adding a longer cooldown? Win-win.

Because they can extort more money out of you with a fee.

Someone doesn't know the proper meaning of "extort".
85 Dwarf Shaman
RAR
I've always thought the re-customization should be free; it's how my ton looks, and it's a land of magical devices... Hello?

Other than that I just think the Realm Transfers are a bit expensive; at least have a discount for multiple characters or something, or knock it down to like 10-15 bucks. I think they would make more money because more people would do it, more often, and with more characters. I'd already have 2 toons transferred at least once, probably twice. But, instead, I'm waiting.

Faction change is a bit expensive too; but at the same time, having people do that all the time couldn't lead to anything good.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]