My cat's prowl...

85 Blood Elf Hunter
Ok I don't know what the deal is but my cat's prowl won't shut off.. I've tried right clicking it and left clicking it. left clicking it from the spell book usually turns it off with no problem.. Well now it says this ability isn't ready yet.. I tried dismissing my pet, calling it out again. Putting it in the stable, trying to get another pet out and then getting the same cat back out again. When I click on my cat's icon it's showing that prowl is still on when it's showing me it's off....Tried, logging out, reloading my ui. Everything possible and it's still on.. blah..
Edited by Nsomnya on 4/28/2011 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm having the same problem since the patch. Right now it seems that the only way to get your pets out of prowl is to have them attack something.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
same problem but u can turn it off by right clicking it on your pet the same way of your buffs
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Hunter
04/28/2011 04:49 PMPosted by Nsomnya
Ok I don't know what the deal is but my cat's prowl won't shut off.. I've tried right clicking it and left clicking it. left clicking it from the spell book usually turns it off with no problem.. Well now it says this ability isn't ready yet.. I tried dismissing my pet, calling it out again. Putting it in the stable, trying to get another pet out and then getting the same cat back out again. When I click on my cat's icon it's showing that prowl is still on when it's showing me it's off....Tried, logging out, reloading my ui. Everything possible and it's still on.. blah..

Sounds like a regression bug - they had a similar issue in vanilla at one time.

The workaround is to shut off auto-cast in your Spellbook, then have the pet attack a mob. It'll break out of Prowl for the attack, and with the autocast shut off, it should stay out of Prowl - that is, if it's the same bug I remember.
Reply Quote
43 Undead Hunter
That is what's working.

The text when you try to turn it off says that ability isn't ready. It's also affecting Spirit Beasts.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
just attack a random mob, while its in battle click it to turn off and itl stay unstealthed. had the same prob when i tamed my pets on a diff hunter
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
04/29/2011 04:58 AMPosted by ßeasty
just attack a random mob, while its in battle click it to turn off and itl stay unstealthed. had the same prob when i tamed my pets on a diff hunter

Thank you so much for this workaround. I just FINALLY tamed Sambas (after stalking his spawn points all day) and I was pretty depressed to think he was going to be stuck in stealth mode permanently! Turning off the auto-cast in the spell book and then having him attack something finally worked.
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Hunter
holly !@#$...beasty, you are right and i have no idea how you thought of doing that!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
this has been a bug for a while
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
09/24/2011 08:31 AMPosted by Scrombat
this has been a bug for a while
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]