Worgen /transform and Transform() removed 4.1

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Druid
The worgen Transform() and CanTransform() lua functions and the /transform chat command were removed in the 4.1 patch.

Can anyone tell me how to trigger the transform from an Addon now? As far as I can tell the only method is to cast "Two Forms" - can you do this from an Addon?
90 Dwarf Hunter
macro

/cast Two Forms

That should work.
85 Night Elf Druid
... and from an Addon?
85 Night Elf Hunter
04/28/2011 09:31 PMPosted by Coxbank
... and from an Addon?
No can do.

<<Your face got palmed.>>
www.wowpedia.org/User:Egingell
wow.curse.com/members/egingell.aspx
85 Tauren Druid
if they removed it, it's probably protected now and you can't use it unless you /cast it.
85 Night Elf Druid
It isn't protected, they have removed it completely.

As far as I can tell, the only way to transform between Human and Worgen forms now is the "Two Forms" ability which means that none of the automatic transform mods (such as Worgen Auto Transform and Worgen Human Switcher) will work unless blizzard can provide an alternative.

It wasn't mentioned in any of the patch notes so I'm hoping they will see this thread and do something.
Edited by Coxbank on 4/28/2011 10:44 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Hunter
It isn't protected, they have removed it completely.

As far as I can tell, the only way to transform between Human and Worgen forms now is the "Two Forms" ability which means that none of the automatic transform mods (such as Worgen Auto Transform and Worgen Human Switcher) will work unless blizzard can provide an alternative.

It wasn't mentioned in any of the patch notes so I'm hoping they will see this thread and do something.
Removed functionality == Protected. Whether explicitly or passively.

85 Night Elf Druid
04/28/2011 10:52 PMPosted by Treader
Removed functionality == Protected. Whether explicitly or passively.

I thought you meant protected like CastSpell() and other lua functions that can only be called from BlizzardUI components and bring up an error dialog when you try to call them.

In any case, these functions are no longer available and I'm hoping that a blue will see this thread and provide an alternative.
85 Night Elf Hunter
04/29/2011 01:44 AMPosted by Coxbank
In any case, these functions are no longer available and I'm hoping that a blue will see this thread and provide an alternative.
If they purposely removed it, it is unlikely that they would provide an alternative.

85 Night Elf Druid
That depends on why they removed it.

It is entirely possible that they were never meant to be called by Addons in the first place. It is really annoying to remove slash commands and lua functions from the API without even a mention in the patch notes.

It's especially annoying when I went to the effort of writing my own auto-transform mod!
85 Worgen Hunter
WorgenHumanSwitcher was my favorite addon :(
75 Blood Elf Hunter
Why even remove this in the first place. Being able to transform is expected (from a character point of view). After all, the other Gilnaen NPC's go back and forth between Worgen and Human forms.
90 Worgen Warrior
And they have a spell in the game to do it...

/cast two forms
75 Blood Elf Hunter
Good to know, thanks!
85 Night Elf Hunter
And they have a spell in the game to do it...

/cast two forms
Just because there's a spell for it, doesn't mean they want you to be able to automatically do it via script.

wers/egingell.aspxuseuote]ingell
85 Worgen Death Knight
I was going to ask the same question! It's always disconcerting when they remove functionality without an explanation. I enjoyed fighting as a Worgen and staying human the rest of the time, and I wrote my own addon to help before Worgen Auto Transform appeared.

The "Two Forms" spell is definitely not as convenient as the /transform UI! At the very least, I would have appreciated a "return gift" in the form of a testable condition like [form:worgen] so we could have a "Human" macro.
85 Tauren Druid
I honestly have to say that I don't see why they would remove something like that, it's not like it was causing any harm switching back and forth at least that I know of...

Blizzard to have just a little more support for Custom UI imo.. (more info in patch notes, etc)
90 Draenei Shaman
One thing they might have been trying to fix is that this seemed to work even before a Worgen got the Two Forms spell at level 10. I have the Auto Transform add-on for my worgen characters, and had noticed that it was turning my low level worgens back to human form before they got the spell.

Taking the ability entirely away is not the way to fix that, though.

I have a worgen character that spends most of her time in human form, and without Auto Transform, she's a different character, and I'm not playing her much now, because I don't want to stay in worgen form, and I don't want to have to press the Two Forms spell every time I get out of combat, when Blizzard automatically switches me into worgen form at the start of combat. If Blizzard wants to restore the pre-combat state (either worgen or human) when combat ends, that would be fine, too, but I hope they give us some way to deal with this.
85 Night Elf Druid
I think they fixed the bug allowing you to transform in the early missions before they removed it.

The commands they removed were a little dodgy (especially for druids). That is the only reason that I could see to remove them.

I'd love it to remember the state as you described instead!
Community Manager
The Worgen transform system was changed to fit in better with our spell system in 4.1. It now acts as a spell, and can be macro’ed and cast like any other spell. As a consequence, though, you have to hit a button to change. We'll look to see if we can provide an easy way to automate it in a future patch.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]