Support for Zangarmarsh Horde

100 Troll Priest
Edit: I agree, stop bumping this.

So, as many Horde here know, Zangarmarsh Horde has a dying population. We are outnumbered pretty badly (I've heard 83% Alliance), the AH is dead, trade chat is sometimes dead silent, and progression is dying because of so few people to raid with.

Because of this, I am trying to get Blizzard's attention, hoping that they will open up free transfers to Zangarmarsh Horde, to help with the population. Now you may have several questions...

1. "It's Blizzard, they won't allow free anything, all they want is money"
-They've allowed free server/faction transfers for many other dying servers, why not our own?

2. "There is no way to get Blizzard's attention, they don't care, and the community won't support you."
-http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456477750. 21 pages of a similar thread for another realm. The community will help us

3. "Byniri, you're an idiot, no one will want to come here."
-Not true. I've seen many people who want to be the 'person who rejuvenated a realm', and we could get some good raiders here. Plus, if they're on an overpopulated server (cho'gall, mal'ganis, blackrock), they may want a smaller server to settle down in.

4. "Blizzard only does this with pvp servers."
-This is a legitimate concern of mine, since population imbalances make more of a difference on pvp realms, but I think with enough support, we could open up transfers here, even though it's a pve server.

5. "We're only going to get bad people and trade trolls."
-Yes, we will get some, but that's what /ignore is for. For every bad player/troll, I think that we will get a significant amount of skilled players.

I think with enough support, we can save this dying realm (Horde side at least), by convincing Blizzard to open free transfers from overpopulated servers.

What can you do?

1. Support this thread. Give everyone ideas on how to get Blizzard's attention.
2. Support my thread on the general forums. It's not written yet (cause I have to go study in a few mins), but it should be up sometime today. Support it.
Edited by Byniri on 2/13/2012 9:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
I support this. Times have gotten so tough that I can't find a guildie that isn't me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I blame It Came from The Blog
Reply Quote
So the funny thing here, since AREA 52 is in our battle group, instances and so on you should see how that population worked out.

What I should mention is that until faction change options that server was dominated by alliance, in raid progression and population at one time.

THIS server has nothing on what happend there... nothing... and that server has a better raid driven pool to choose from as well. (no offense of course) just stating the fact.

The only answer to this is stopping transfering or faction changes to a unbalanced server.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I'll stop being lazy tonight and make the post on the general forums. please help me
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
This is pretty much like it was a long time ago on this server. We weren't able to get more people until they softened the game up in WotLK.

This xpac sucks. The difficulty level also went up which means a LOT of the casual gamers that helped fill raid spots just don't play the game any more.

It's not like people are transferring off in droves or faction changing. They're just not logging on.

Until Blizzard fixes the content it will remain like this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
05/02/2011 10:12 PMPosted by Dillybear

Why blame that guild?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter

Why blame that guild?

It's the WowInsider Guild, and Dillybear might be on to something with that. Basically, its a guild filled with alts that rarely log on. Realistically, that might make horde seem more populated than it is, as they log on occassionally, so their toons probably aren't considered dormant by blizzard, hence us not ever getting marked for free transfers. A couple thousand toons that log on once a month or so...something to think about.
Edited by Ztette on 5/8/2011 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I transferred off the server because I was tired of not raiding, that and to play with rl friends. I miss Zangar for my old buddies, but otherwise I'm having a great time on Turalyon. Lots of people to raid with, and generally tomfoolery. It would be nice though for blizzard to open free xfers to Zangar, but I'm not holding my breath. If anyone remembers me, on alliance I was the original Elysia (space goat - nelf) and then on horde-side I went by driveby. Anyways, /wave to some familiar names.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
05/02/2011 10:12 PMPosted by Dillybear

05/08/2011 05:22 PMPosted by Ztette
It's the WowInsider Guild, and Dillybear might be on to something with that. Basically, its a guild filled with alts that rarely log on. Realistically, that might make horde seem more populated than it is, as they log on occassionally, so their toons probably aren't considered dormant by blizzard, hence us not ever getting marked for free transfers. A couple thousand toons that log on once a month or so...something to think about.

"A couple thousand toons"?

First off, IcftB doesn't even have 450 characters in it at the moment. And some of those still log in and play on a regular basis. Our regular guild, The Insiders, is just over 550 characters, and is very active. We even just hit guild level 25.

Secondly, the events don't even attract more than 40-60 players usually, and some of those are already regulars. Our events typically only happen once a month. Our last event for Noblegarden had less than 40 (we formed a raid group). That's far less than "a couple thousand".

Only on rare occasions do we attract players in the hundreds. The last time that happened was last summer when select realms were scheduled to be down for maintenance to prep for Cata. And when that happens people flock to other realms anyway, to make alts while they wait for their realm to come back up.

Thirdly, Blizzard isn't lazy when it comes to statistics. They don't look only at the number of accounts on a realm only. They don't look only at the number of accounts that logged in within the last x months. They look at hours played, levels gained, etc.

Back on the old forums Drysc talked about it with some detail when a player was complaining about Agamaggan's population being too low. He explained that they do monitor population on a regular basis and have their methods of determining when free transfers are needed. He also said that sites that track population, such as WarcraftRealms, aren't always accurate and compared their data with Blizzard's as an example.

I'm not against Byniri's proposal. I would love to see more local, competent hordies to run heroics with. But I don't appreciate you placing blame on my guild and the WoW Insider community.
Edited by Samutz on 5/13/2011 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
agreed
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I can't speak for Dillybear, but I do know Ztette was only trying to say it was an interesting thing to think about. No offense meant to the WoW Insider guilds, I promise :)
Reply Quote
05/13/2011 10:05 AMPosted by Samutz
First off, IcftB doesn't even have 450 characters in it at the moment. And some of those still log in and play on a regular basis. Our regular guild, The Insiders, is just over 550 characters, and is very active. We even just hit guild level 25.

I just want to point out that when you're downplaying the size of a guild, 450 is not a very strong go-to number. That's still A LOT of characters. It doesn't detract from your points but it is worth consideration. If all 450 of the characters in just that guild were mains instead of alts, the population here would be perceived extremely differently. That's just as true as any of what you said.
Edited by Milloux on 5/13/2011 12:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
76 Tauren Paladin
I agree that the population needs a kick in the butt, however, it's like this on alot of servers lately. This is my horde realm and I am having alot of fun here and I love the guild I am in. I have an alliance server, Anvilmar, that could say the same thing, that it's dying. With Blizz's recent announcement of 600k drop of subscribers, that may account for the low populations across the servers.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
05/13/2011 12:22 PMPosted by Milloux

I just want to point out that when you're downplaying the size of a guild, 450 is not a very strong go-to number. That's still A LOT of characters. It doesn't detract from your points but it is worth consideration. If all 450 of the characters in just that guild were mains instead of alts, the population here would be perceived extremely differently. That's just as true as any of what you said.

My main reason for stating the number was to show that it wasn't "a couple thousand".
Besides I'd rather be honest and give the actual number than try to downplay it with a misinformed guess (like "a couple thousand").
Reply Quote
I know hearing "a couple thousand" made me immediately search it out and I was like, "oh...no it isn't."
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
I wasn't placing blame on your guild. I was pondering the consequences of a possible way blizzard may track what they consider to be realm population. Last time I checked there were 3-4 different wowinsider guilds. Maybe that's changed since last time, I don't really know. The "couple thousand toons" was just a ballpark figure I was using as an example which I came up with by figuring it was 4 guilds with 500 characters each. The point is not the actual number that most of them only log on for events, but that causes them probably not be considered completely dormant by blizzard. I'm not blaming your guild, just possibly Blizzard's so-called internal population tracking statistics, which are probably just that - a bunch of statistics that the don't go into detail to see that a bunch of people from one guild (now 2-4 I suppose) log in only for events every month or two, and they just see all those as active characters, and assume that the population on this realm is fine. It's just a theory. In reality, its extremely possible and even likely that It Came from the Blog has no bearing whatsoever on Zangarmarsh getting incoming free transfers.

Also, I have no idea if Dillybear was serious about blaming you guys, I'm guessing not. His post just made me think about if It Came from the Blog could actually possibly be related to our server not getting incoming free character transfers.

Besides, I'm uncommonly good looking.
Edited by Ztette on 5/13/2011 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard already done this once.....I was on Azjol-Nerub. Population was so full on that server that I have to wait in que just to get in the server....Blizzard opened up free xfers to this server.
Granted that was a long time ago....but not sure if they would do it again.

@Bilithi...While I agree with you I for one don't want to see the content get nerfed just so PuG groups can make it though stuff.....I enjoy the fact that this Xpac is more challenging than Wrath. But thats probably a different discussion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I fully support this.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
06/05/2011 01:55 PMPosted by Tyrrannus
I fully support this.

I concur!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]