what is the best character class and best at

so what is the best character class and attacking class
Edited by Delloyd on 5/2/2011 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
05/02/2011 03:41 PMPosted by Delloyd

The only answer I can give to this, the one that you can play well.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
05/02/2011 03:44 PMPosted by Druides

The only answer I can give to this, the one that you can play well.

That's the only answer.
Reply Quote
go job guys
Reply Quote
77 Orc Hunter
1. Depends upon how you define "best".
2. "Best" for what? PvP, Raids, Leveling, BG's, Arena?
3. There is no god class.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
05/02/2011 03:41 PMPosted by Delloyd

It depends on your play technique, my best class is different from yours based on my personal abilities and yours.

If you like to DPS and do a lot of damage, it depends on how well you can form your own rotation or follow one. If you want to be a damaging class, then I suggest going to www.maxdps.com (it's a site with all classes primary dps spec or specs, some classes have multiple dps specs) and there you can learn the most popular dps rotation and tweak it (or use theirs). Also, the site tells you what gear is best and where you can get it from.

If you want to be a melee class than you should think about playing a rogue, enhancement shaman, retribution paladin, death knight, warrior, or feral druid. MaxDPS will teach you good rotations to increase your DPS and the only other thing to worry about is don't step in the fire.

If you think maybe sometime you'd like to try ranged dps, then play a shaman or a druid

If you think maybe sometime you'd like to heal, then play a hybrid class that can dps and heal (however, no class can do both simultaneously) such as shaman, paladin, or druid

If you think maybe sometime you'd like to tank, then play a hybrid class that can dps and tank such as paladin, warrior, death knight, or druid.

Hope this helps. Also, if you're still confused refer to the class-specific forums and look for guides posted (most of the good ones are stickied), read through them and choose what you want from there.
Edited by Almach on 5/3/2011 10:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The good thing about WoW, unlike many other mmos, is that there is no such thing as a "best" class for any give role. For instance, a Priest can heal just a well a Shammn, whocan dps just as well as a Paladin, who can tank just as well as a Warrior. Get the idea? While a druid can be all 3 roles(tank, damage dealer, healer), each of their roles has the potential to be just as good as any other class, even the classes who only have the ability to specialize in a single role, such as the Mage.

While some feel this is bad and makes the game bland or cookie cutter, most find it to be a very good system because it promotes fairness and equality among all classes. This means that your class is only as good or as bad as you yourself are as a player. For example, in some games players can make up for a lack of skill by playing whatever class is the best for their given role.

Player A, who is a very skilled player, chooses class A, which is a mediocre damage dealer. Player B, who is a very mediocre player, chooses class B, which is a very good damage dealer. Player A and B both join an instance group. Player A has to work to the best of his abilities to even come close to the damage that Player B is foing, whereas Player B is chatting with his buddies about the boozefest they were out on last night while maintaining amazing dps by hitting one ability every 15 seconds. This is what WoW ends to avoid with their system. It is far from perfect, but it gets the job done. At least until someone makes something better.

So my advice to you is to play whichever race and class you think will be the most fun for you. Also when you are choosing your race, always remember that you will have to look at that character for thousands of hours. I advise something you find visually soothing. There is a reason many men play female characters. Looking at the back of a female everyday is much more appealing than watching sweaty man butt. Anyway hope this help and have fun!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
rogue

Please don't necro old threads. Especially to post misleading information.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]