An Old Haomarushian With a Request

85 Goblin Shaman
Hey, Hao! I'd like to kick this post off with a quick story for some background.

Some of you who have been on Haomarush for a long time might remember my old guild, <Total War> from 2006. We had over 500 active members at one point, and we had 100-person raids on Alliance capital cities every weekend. We'd take over entire towns for hours at a time and just cause general havoc for you Alliance on this server. It rocked. Those of you who were here for the last year of Vanilla know what I'm talking about.

After BC came out, it was readily apparent that Blizzard was set to destroy world PVP because of its unpredictable nature and the way it takes control out of the hands of the developers. Elite guards everywhere, "safe" cities like Shattrath, and flying mounts undid the goals of Total War. So I jumped into the raiding scene and started up <Kraklenheit Industries> in July of 2007. Around that time, Haomarush's population started a steady decline.

KI stayed on Haomarush for about 8 months or so, but we found it impossible to recruit because of the server's rapidly declining population. We eventually had to transfer off. We chose Smolderthorn. It was a high pop server that even had a short queue on the weekends. We really progressed well in raiding and were having a blast. But then, during Wrath, Blizzard opened up free transfers off of Smolderthorn. We lost half the server in the course of a week. And since then, the server has been dropping faster and faster.

Smolderthorn now has almost the same population as Haomarush, although our H:A ratio is about 4:1. The alliance side is so bad that if you click "armor" on the Auction House, you may get about 5 items total -- all quality levels, level 1-85, all armor types. The only Alliance 25-man raiding guild is transferring off the server this week, leaving just a handful of about 30 alliance level 85 players on the server. The horde side is a bit more robust but struggling as well. I know Haomarush is in similar dire straits, so I thought I'd come back to my old home and see if I can get some of you guys to band together with us on Smolderthorn. We've got a thread going here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456729645?page=1

Please help us out and help Haomarush by bumping this thread and keeping it to the top. Although the thread is about Smolderthorn, our real goal is to bring the situation of extremely low-pop servers to the eyes of the developers. We need to keep this thing on the forefront of the General Forums so that everyone sees it and gets in line with our cause. Feel free to post on the thread with stories about Haomarush and the things you guys have to deal with every day, and the things you have to miss out on because of your population. I know how bad it is, and we need to get Blizzard to at least acknowledge it.

Thanks for your time, guys. Haomarush was once a great server, and some of my best WoW memories come from here. Let's try to get things back on track.

<3 Stoz, Ex-Guild Leader, <Total war>
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I should probably add... We have been proposing solutions such as free transfers to our server, server merges, free transfers + faction changes to balance out the populations, or even just marking the lowest-pop servers as "new" or "recommended" to encourage new players to come here. In any case, we need to at least get our cause out there to get people talking about it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I think there was already a thread about this that was bumped by many ppl.

But bump because Hao needs it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Haomarushian. Lol.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
ORC MALE ENHANCEMENT......shaman

<--was once a warlock named Fenton, if you remember at all
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Mage
Stoz....I remember Stoz.

<---Tart
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Wouldn't help.

Back when Wrath first came out, Blizzard opened up free transfers to Hao and we were a medium pop server for all of a month or two. And then people saw how stagnant we were in terms of progression and left in droves. I think by this point anyone who is still around stays because of friends and/or nostalgia.

I guess attempting to save your server is worth a try, but I'd imagine you would experience the same thing.
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
L2*%*%INGPLAY U TERRIBAD NOOB! AND WHERE'S MY SANDWICH??

Reax, tunnel vision s'more, kthx.

Oh wait, warrior, nvm.

edit: also to add to what enosh said, most of the people who did get the free transfer here were either terrible, or they were blacklisted on their old server, so you get an influx of mostly terrible players (there were a few exceptions).
Edited by Bonarific on 5/5/2011 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
44 Worgen Priest
I wish something would happen with Haomarush. I joined b/c of a friend, but now I really regret it. Now I am stuck... I created my own guild :/

So please, please, please Blizzard, do something about low servers. It's not fun any more :( And I can't abandon this one because of the dedicated people that took a chance to be in my guild.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Wouldn't help.

Back when Wrath first came out, Blizzard opened up free transfers to Hao and we were a medium pop server for all of a month or two. And then people saw how stagnant we were in terms of progression and left in droves. I think by this point anyone who is still around stays because of friends and/or nostalgia.

I guess attempting to save your server is worth a try, but I'd imagine you would experience the same thing.

L2*%*%INGPLAY U TERRIBAD NOOB! AND WHERE'S MY SANDWICH??

God, you are so helpless. I have to carry you in heroics and feed you? I don't think so.

edit: also to add to what enosh said, most of the people who did get the free transfer here were either terrible, or they were blacklisted on their old server, so you get an influx of mostly terrible players (there were a few exceptions).

Yeah, that too :/ Kind of sad when a bunch of ninjas and trolls don't even want to stick around.
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
Go back to healing.

So what, now my healing isn't good enough for you?
Just wait and see what happens the next time you get low on health.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
05/08/2011 06:40 AMPosted by Reax
God, you are so helpless. I have to carry you in heroics and feed you? I don't think so.

Go back to healing. And move your computer back into the kitchen. God knows how you got out.

The kitchen? Sure thing. How do you like your Salmonella?
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
While you're making reax salmonella, i'll have a burger.
Reply Quote
Stoz it's Gravespawn here I miss you! Oh and so does Sathelia!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Damn! Lots of old Hao players sticking around, I see! I recognize all you oldies. Is Hao listed as a new players realm at least now?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Wouldn't help.

he has a point one of the only reason i am still here is cause i am to lazy to pay for xfer. transfering here was the biggest mistake i ever made
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
he has a point one of the only reason i am still here is cause i am to lazy to pay for xfer. transfering here was the biggest mistake i ever made

Thanks Mr. I'm gonna bump something 2 and a half months old.

http://myfacewhen.com/97/
Edited by Bonarific on 7/20/2011 10:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Hunter
Wouldn't help.

You're actually really bad even for this server.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]