Game of Thrones TV series

90 Tauren Paladin
Tyrion is my favorite character pretty much ever.

He loves his whoring, but he seems to have a certain sense of honor about who he is and his position; something that, from my limited experience in the story, is sorely lacking from almost everyone else.

That, and watching him smack the brat prince around was the best scene ever. I could watch a looping .gif of that for HOURS.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Hunter
Also, even though she's a horrible #!*#!. Cersei is incredibly beautiful, I like her evilness too :P
Reply Quote
The whole, throwing a child (Bran) out a window sorta puts you off a guy for some reason.... :)
Reply Quote
92 Human Hunter
I'd like to know what the deal is with Ghost, Jon's dire wolf. He was seen as a puppy and we haven't seen him since. I read the books so I know he's -supposed- to be there, but there hasn't been one sign of him. It's getting to the point where if he shows up again people not familiar with the books will have forgotten about him and wonder where the wolf came from.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
05/03/2011 06:36 PMPosted by Viridiant
I'd like to know what the deal is with Ghost, Jon's dire wolf. He was seen as a puppy and we haven't seen him since. I read the books so I know he's -supposed- to be there, but there hasn't been one sign of him. It's getting to the point where if he shows up again people not familiar with the books will have forgotten about him and wonder where the wolf came from.

they really havent done much with the wolves at all. they got them..and now they are fiercly loyal. there was no bonding time or even just scenes wit the wolfs around. its my only real complaint.
Reply Quote
77 Worgen Warrior
05/03/2011 06:36 PMPosted by Viridiant

I have noticed this too lol
Reply Quote
94 Orc Shaman
I can't wait until in the last half of the season, the big shocker happens and all the people who haven't read the books will be like "WTF!?!?!?!"

Someone just doesn't know how to play the Game of Thrones...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I can't wait until in the last half of the season, the big shocker happens and all the people who haven't read the books will be like "WTF!?!?!?!"

Don't mess with Walder Fray.
Reply Quote
94 Orc Shaman
/rainsofcastamere
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I think the books are going to start coming out faster now that:

-The TV series will eventually catch up in plot.

-I think a big reason Martin had such trouble getting it out was because of how much he decided to change up the format between Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons. Now that that's dealt with I think he'll start focusing on the fact that the last two books in the series are the climax, rather than the meat of the action.

Anyways....there are some gripes I have with the HBO series(No spoilers here):

-When Ned talks to Bran about why he had to behead the guy from the Nights Watch, he's supposed to give a small speech about how the Oathbreaker is a man who lives outside the law and is therefore dangerous and can do anything. I think this is an important part of the series because it helps define Ned's relationship with Jaime. Also, it has these quotes:

Bran- "Can a man still be brave when he's afraid?"
Eddard - "That's the only time a man can be brave."

"If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you can not do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die. [...] A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is."-Eddard(Quote from A Wiki of Fire and Ice)

-And in Episode 3, again, Ned's relationship with his children is short-changed. When he's talking to Arya, he's supposed to say:

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. – Ned Stark

Seeing as how Bran's Nan tells the story from the book of Winter and white walkers, I think that quote would have been a tremendous addition to the episode. Unless Ned did say it and I just didn't notice? Or maybe the writers just felt it was too cheesy to put in? Still though, it's an important quote and people watching the series should know about it.

-Other than those two things the editing and music feels a bit laid back. I understand we haven't gotten to any of the action yet, or even the meat of the story, but I'm still kind of hoping the people behind the show kind of "hit their stride" and start adding their own flavor to it instead of just trying to expand on the scenes in the books. I like how they changed the story around to make Tyrion the one to smarten Jon Snow up about how he was behaving at the Wall instead of the Blacksmith. I think they should have focus a bit more on the relationship between Jon Snow and Aliser Thorne though(the guy who was instructing them all to fight; he hates Jon Snow for no real reason).

Reply Quote

Honestly? This early in the series, you shouldn't even be eluding to the idea of plot twists. Let people find out everything on their own. You could be lessening the experience for them just by hinting that something major happens later on, because then they'll be consciously trying to piece together bits of the puzzle to figure out where this "big shocker" happens.
Reply Quote
they really havent done much with the wolves at all. they got them..and now they are fiercly loyal. there was no bonding time or even just scenes wit the wolfs around. its my only real complaint.

They've had plenty of time to train and get with the Wolves. It's just that it happened off-screen in the first episode. It took months for King Robert to make it to Winterfell. That's when the wolves grew and the children became used to them. I think the makers of the show tried conveying that by showing the Wolves playing around with the kids when they were bigger.

Other than that? There just haven't been any parts of the plot that require them, outside of the second episode.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Amazing show, best adaptation I've seen of a novel series.

WoW needs some Game of Throne refs now

Winter is comming...
Reply Quote
Amazing show, best adaptation I've seen of a novel series.

WoW needs some Game of Throne refs now

Winter is comming...

It has them.

Not only are Death Knights largely like the "White Walkers"(just called "Wights" in the show), but those zombies are supposed to be associated with the colour blue---ever look at a Death Knight's Eyes?

Much later on in the series there's also a story told about something called the Horn of Winter.

There also used to be a Gnome NPC named Tyrion in Stormwind, though he resembled the Song of Fire and Ice character in name only and is now gone. He was a member of SI:7.

And don't forget the title you get for killing the Lich King: Kingslayer.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
05/03/2011 04:05 PMPosted by Sunclaw
That, and watching him smack the brat prince around was the best scene ever. I could watch a looping .gif of that for HOURS.

http://hfr-rehost.net/http://self/pic/7224d917b80767257d9cc31a153e87042194e9f6.gif
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]