Pokemon Black/White

85 Draenei Warrior
I just beat the game this morning, imported some pokemon from HG/SS, and went against the champion. What does everyone else think of it? I personally liked it a lot, maybe a bit more than SoulSilver. Being able to re-use TMs anytime you want is great.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
05/03/2011 11:04 AMPosted by Eristra
I just beat the game this morning, imported some pokemon from HG/SS, and went against the champion. What does everyone else think of it? I personally liked it a lot, maybe a bit more than SoulSilver. Being able to re-use TMs anytime you want is great.

Definitely the best in the series thus far. I like how the sprites used in battle actually move around instead of being just still frames, which give the battles a much more dynamic feel this go around. Some of the new Pokemon are a bit out there, though (Gothorita? Really?), but otherwise, it's pretty good.

First chance I got, I imported my Absol from SS. She's a bit Glass Cannon in that she can't really take a hit, but so long as she gets the first attack in, there's a high chance for me getting a Critical Hit (Super Luck + Scope Lens + Slash Moves) and one shotting my opponent.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
yeah the game was great. most of the new pokemon looked totally whack. i mean come on a @%@@in garbage bag? wtf? XD but thankfully they put some good ones in there and i do like the fact that they made it where you can use TM's over and over in this one. one thing i really hated was no damn battle frontier WTF!! -_-
Edited by Baldier on 5/3/2011 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think its the best so far, Fire Red will always be my favorite though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
05/03/2011 11:11 AMPosted by Turanic
nah pokemon red for gameboy color yo!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
05/03/2011 11:12 AMPosted by Baldier

The original Red and Blue will always stand out as favorites for those craving nostalgia. But NEVER FORGET that those two games hide a terrible secret. A foe so great, that no matter how strong your Pokemon may be, he'll destroy them and the world they are in with one, glitchy fell-swoop.

I am, of course, referring to Missingno.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pokemon (like Power Rangers, Yu-Gi-Oh, and many others...) should have stopped after Season 1. The games included...
Reply Quote
80 Troll Death Knight
05/03/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Zarek
Pokemon (like Power Rangers, Yu-Gi-Oh, and many others...) should have stopped after Season 1. The games included...
People consider Gold/Silver a failure?
Reply Quote
64 Blood Elf Paladin
The game isn't based off the anime, it's vise versa. That being said gold/silver was an awesome sequel but to me everything after that I felt like i was buying the same game I just played with different skins.

Pokemon is a lot like every single sport game out there, they release the same game over and over. Which is the reason why I'm holding out on Black/White until it's at least in the bargin bin.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
silver was definitely my favorite, although i have yet to play black/white.

my cousin said it sucked really bad. i think it's time i stopped listening to her?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The game isn't based off the anime, it's vise versa. That being said gold/silver was an awesome sequel but to me everything after that I felt like i was buying the same game I just played with different skins.

Pokemon is a lot like every single sport game out there, they release the same game over and over. Which is the reason why I'm holding out on Black/White until it's at least in the bargin bin.

It's true that all Pokemon games share the same formula, that's for sure. But it's how everything interacts within that formula is what's fun. It's a whole bunch of new Pokemans and you have no idea of their typing or moves or anything!

To me, the appeal is a childlike rediscovery. It's euphoria in the most oblivious sense. But B/W does change a lot up from the formula. It's a farcry from cookie cutter story forged by blue/red.
Reply Quote
I've still gotta finish blasting the Elite Four in the face (I'm so sloooow), but I'm loving Black SO much. Started with a Tepig (named him Porkchop) and now my Emboar just roflstomps everything. I don't even use the rares I've gotten from all the events hosted by Gamestop and everyone else.

If I had to pick a favorite, it would have to be Soul Silver though, because I loved being able to play practically two games in one. I mean, going back to face all the Kanto gyms after winning in Johto? That's pretty boss to me.

Also. Prof. Oak >>>>>> Prof. Juniper. Hate that lady. And her dad too.
Reply Quote
05/03/2011 11:12 AMPosted by Baldier
poor poor people stuck in the past. Red and blue version terrible in comparison. if pokemon red/blue had never come out when it did, and was released today for the 3DS, EXACTLY as it actually exists, (not improved graphics or things added like fire red or leaf green) that game would probably get a 2/10 across the board.

People need to realize that nostalgic =/= best thing ever
Reply Quote
I love my Poke'mon White. Haven't officially beaten the Elite Four yet, just been grinding out my perfect Poke'team. I made it specifically from Gen V pokes!

The endgame seems a little lacking, but with Dream World and added events/the future, who knows! This time around seems much more connected with the Internet than any other Poke'mon game.

Also yay finally got my Zweilous to evolve into Hydreigon! Now I get to be OP like Ghetsis. -_____-
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
05/03/2011 11:20 AMPosted by Yinian

The original Red and Blue will always stand out as favorites for those craving nostalgia. But NEVER FORGET that those two games hide a terrible secret. A foe so great, that no matter how strong your Pokemon may be, he'll destroy them and the world they are in with one, glitchy fell-swoop.

I am, of course, referring to Missingno.

you cant help but not to miss out of the nostalgia from these games. pokemon red/blue broke the boundaries in moblie console RPG for me and im sure for a few others out there. I will always be a pokemon fan, but to see this series lose its creativity.... Its a sad fact and i am grateful that the games havent lost thier gusto...

05/03/2011 12:38 PMPosted by Corrine
People consider Gold/Silver a failure?

i dont this that gold/silver was a failure but just another stepping stone of what was to come in the future. I thought using berries to make new pokeballs was a spectacular idea and the introduction to the day and night ui was simply phenomenal! I am happy to see this feature once again being used in this new game along with seasonal/weekly ui changes as well.
Reply Quote
67 Troll Rogue
Pokemon Black/White=Most raciest title eva but anyways i have Pokemon white.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue

i dont this that gold/silver was a failure but just another stepping stone of what was to come in the future. I thought using berries to make new pokeballs was a spectacular idea and the introduction to the day and night ui was simply phenomenal! I am happy to see this feature once again being used in this new game along with seasonal/weekly ui changes as well.

Not to mention breeding and the addition of the Dark and Steel types.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]