SNES Era RPGs

85 Human Paladin
The best game of all time, Chrono Trigger

Really anything done by Square during this time brings up nothing but good memories.

Edit: Removed Link
Edited by Thundar on 5/4/2011 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Super Mario RPG best RPG ever

I think its the only one I ever played too
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Man I still play that game. It's so addicting. I don't know why.

When I bought it, I didn't even know what an RPG was. I just saw 'mario' and thought hey, this looks fun. This game is amazing, yet kind of underrated.

I agree everything about that game was awesome from the music to the gameplay to the graphics back in that day was amazing I could never get bored of it

We miss you Geno
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Secret of Mana
The 7th Saga (soooooo hard)
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG

I didn't like the Final Fantasy titles. I never have, I haven't even finished one.

Though, the best RPG ever created, for me, is Golden Sun 2. But that's a different thread.
Reply Quote
75 Night Elf Rogue
Secret of Mana
Breath of Fire
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy
Reply Quote
77 Worgen Warrior
I've always been a fan of final fantasy 5 because it was the first final fantasy I ever played :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
SOS
Secret Of Evermore, loved that game.

Oh Lufia II, that one was awesome.
Edited by Astraphobia on 5/4/2011 4:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Troll Death Knight
Super Mario RPG, <3

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00724/

Also, Hurly (Hurley?) Gloves. Seriously.
Edited by Corrine on 5/4/2011 4:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
FF6 and Chrono Trigger both seem to have permanent residence in my Nintendo DS Fat. I like to think of it as my emergency backup in case the power goes out or something.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
FF2
FF3

I think I died more in FF2 then I do in PvP and I'm the world's worst at PvP.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
OP: I'm not the one who reported you, but this post will likely get deleted. ROMs are illegal. For years sites that offer them have offered the nonsensical, "It's okay if you own the original". But we all know that those aren't the people who download them. And Nintendo used to be relatively fervent in trying to dispel that nonsense.

Nintendo and SONY have been trying to fight them for years. Especially now that there are services like the Wii's virtual console that let you buy the games again.

With that in mind....Ironically, Terranigma was one of the best and underrated SNES RPGs. But I only got to play it on ROM as a kid because it was never actually released in North America(though it was released in Europe, for some reason).
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
OP: I'm not the one who reported you, but this post will likely get deleted. ROMs are illegal. For years sites that offer them have offered the nonsensical, "It's okay if you own the original". But we all know that those aren't the people who download them. And Nintendo used to be relatively fervent in trying to dispel that nonsense.

Nintendo and SONY have been trying to fight them for years. Especially now that there are services like the Wii's virtual console that let you buy the games again.

With that in mind....Ironically, Terranigma was one of the best and underrated SNES RPGs. But I only got to play it on ROM as a kid because it was never actually released in North America(though it was released in Europe, for some reason).

Ill just re edit it, no biggie.

Ill have to look up Terranigma.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
05/04/2011 08:33 AMPosted by Thundar
But we all know that those aren't the people who download them.

Tell that to my physical copy of Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu. (Hahehe.. Japanese only game. I got a physical copy, but have only actually played it as a ROM, cause it's Japanese only) but speaking of...
Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (Or "Genealogy of the Holy War", "Lineage of the Crusade"... "Descendants of Jihad"...). I know, it's not a full RPG- rather it's an SRPG (For those who don't know what the Fire Emblem series is, they're Strategy games, but they're RPGs), but Holy War kicks an ungodly amount of ass, although it has a case of "Meteors Fall. Everybody dies." Um, hey, Sephiroth is known because he killed a sweet innocent flower girl... where's Lord Alvis's recognition?! Alvis killed... the main character (After STEALING his wife from him), and just about all of the main character's friends too. But he's not a true villain- he's a anti-villain proper. That's just how epic this game is.
Reply Quote

I had just come in here to post about Terranigma.

Terranigma and Illusion of Gaia are two of the most woefully under-appreciated RPGs that Enix ever did. I remember being just a kid when Hamlet jumped into that fire.

And Terranigma was just awesome. The music is <3

I also loved SMRPG and secret of mana. Those were the first two games I downloaded off the virtual console.

I'm also shocked nobody has mentioned Mother/Earthbound. Giygas is pretty much the stuff of 80% of older gamer today's nightmares I think.
Reply Quote
05/04/2011 09:48 AMPosted by Einderan
where's Lord Alvis's recognition?!

Not enough people have played the game he's in. Also with what happens after people might not hate him as much so that could play in it a bit.

No mention of Manfroy though? Scheming piece of garbage sure as heck did a lot as well.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
05/04/2011 04:27 AMPosted by Lessismagic
I didn't like Chrono Trigger...

O_O

People forget Brain Lord and , as another poster mentioned, Terranigma. Both AWESOME games.

But nothing can compare to the sheer awesomeness of Chrono Trigger and SMRPG.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
As most have said: Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Link to the Past and another I really liked was Secret of Evermore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]