In-realm pugs only?

85 Orc Shaman
Since the new patch I have noticed that I have no longer been grouping with players from other realms. I am sure many would think this is a non-issue, but for those of us Gurubashi it is an issue.

When I queue for a random and end up in nothing but full Brazilian, non-English speaking, pugs each and every time it makes things quite a bit harder than they need to be.

Before Tuesday it was rare that I would group with another player from Gurubashi. Now it's all I see. Does the random heroic group system prioritize same-realm match-ups over other realms? If so can we change that possibly? Because right now it makes pugging as an English speaker on Gurubashi nearly impossible.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I thought this was a reasonable question. =(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Req
I also noticed a trend, i ran ZA the other night with two guildies, had 2 pugs from same server, then one pug left, got another KJ, then another and another KJ, after that we got a pug from black rock and then moon gaurd or something similar

i think there was a change so that i prefers same realm groups
Dunno could have just been odd coincidence seeing as it was Tuesday and everyone was excited and queuing for new troll content
Edited by Nothingisok on 4/29/2011 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I don't understand what the OP is saying.

He appears to be saying he plays on a server full of players that speak a different language and is complaining that he ends up in groups with them.

Um...wtf.

04/29/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Ateup
the system does seem to be trying to match you up with people from your own realm a bit more

Sounds like a fantastic idea. I still have zero desire to pug but it's better than getting stuck with total strangers with crappy behavior and zero incentive to be anything other than jerks from other servers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Req
he is playing on a server he doesnt speak the language of by what i've read, probably not the best choice, but you rarely got same server pugs before so it didnt matter

I still hate most of the people on my server, a good majority of them have that self entitled elitist blood that just ruins the dungeon, one of our drops was because the instance had been out for 3 hours and 4/5 of the group did not know the fights

makes me sick
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I don't understand what the OP is saying.

He appears to be saying he plays on a server full of players that speak a different language and is complaining that he ends up in groups with them.

Um...wtf.

That is exactly what I am saying.

The majority of players on Gurubashi and Warsong are Brazilian. If you pop in to our trade chat you will actually see far more Portuguese being spoken than English. (By a wide margin.)

It's unfair for those of us that speak English to constantly but put in pugs where the language spoken is Portuguese. But I guess on the other side of that coin the Brazilians are loving this.
Reply Quote
so why are you, an english speaker, on a non-english speaking server? >.>

unless you live in the region, there's no real reason to do so, even if coerced by "friends" who may or may not even live there either!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
It's in the patch notes somewhere, The Random Dungeon Finder will now try to pair you up with players from your own realm
Reply Quote
Community Manager
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

unless you live in the region, there's no real reason to do so, even if coerced by "friends" who may or may not even live there either!!!

Gurubashi and Warsong are NA servers. Brazilians made them the "unofficial Brazilian WoW realms".

I was practically a day one Guru player. I did not sign up for a foreign server, it just became one through no choice of my own.

Since the introduction of cross realm BGs and pugs the language barrier has been mostly a non-issue. We have our five-six year core vets that raid and when we pugged on alts (like this one) it was rare to see another Guru player.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

This is good. TYVM, kind sir.
Reply Quote
28 Orc Warlock

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

Neat!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman

Gurubashi and Warsong are NA servers. Brazilians made them the "unofficial Brazilian WoW realms".

I was practically a day one Guru player. I did not sign up for a foreign server, it just became one through no choice of my own.

Since the introduction of cross realm BGs and pugs the language barrier has been mostly a non-issue. We have our five-six year core vets that raid and when we pugged on alts (like this one) it was rare to see another Guru player.

i thought we already had an official server for brazilian players

jw
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

So that's why my 4-man guild group randomly got a 5th guild member...
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Goblin Hunter
I think I'll like this change. Hopefully, it will bring more of a sense of community back. :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

So that's why my 4-man guild group randomly got a 5th guild member...

did that count as 5 guild member run or a 4 guild member run?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

I realize that those of that speak English on Warsong and Gurubashi represent a small portion of your player base, but is there any way we can reach some sort of compromise where we can actually pug as an English speaker on these two realms again?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I've been getting a LOT of Quel'Thelas Portuguese guild groups lately. It's frustrating when I have no idea what they're saying and I ask if they speak English and they don't respond (meaning they don't. I assume).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

Well, that is a handy change.

I was wondering what miracles of the RNG kept putting me in groups with 2+ same server players.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]