In-realm pugs only?

65 Gnome Death Knight
If we are in a Random Dungeon with others from our very own realm, how do we ninja loots?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Had a full pug run from my server. It was great! I made a few new friends just like the good ol days.

Thankyou for this change blizzard!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Regardless of a few people wineing about being on a bi-lingual server (why would you be on one in the first place?), this is a great change. Good work blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
04/30/2011 10:44 AMPosted by Natsume
ITT: very bad players wanting no consequence for doing terrible in their group

ITT: A troll who's trying entirely too hard.

I have stated why I don't care for the change. I'm not saying I want it reverted because I know plenty of people like the change, and I can't blame them. However, my server has a lot of trolls and people who just will not listen to instruction and will continue to wipe the group. I'd rather not be involved with that. An OPTION to turn this change on or off would be fantastic for everyone, I think.

An argument could be made about why I'm still on this server, and the answer is simple: My guild is filled with real life friends. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be on this server. Saying that those of us in similar situations should just "switch servers" is pretty moronic. Why should I have to spend $25 per toon just to transfer to another server. That's insanity. Nor should we have to reroll and lose the progress we've made on the toons we already have.

Again, I don't see how an option to turn this on or off would hurt anyone. Those who like this change can keep it, those of us who don't like it don't have to worry about it.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
This change is all very well and good, but it needs to be an option. Not everyone wants to group with people from their realm.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
This is an insanely ingeniously backhanded approach to making tank 'queues' match the length of the other two roles. Now I'm going to have to do a bunch of /who's before I queue to make sure the people I hate aren't online.
Edited by Lildaine on 4/30/2011 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
The thing I loved about In Realm queues is you would end up running with people repeatedly if it was a good group. You would KNOW who to tap as a DPS or Tank or Heals when you needed an extra person if something fell through. I can't count the times during Vanilla when I was running this girl on Deathwing through SM...

- There was LFG channel.
- There was no queue, you had to ask in channel if you were looking for a run.

I did that once or twice, some group would grab me, I'd do a run, thank them for a good time, leave group, and then go back to asking. Another group would pick me up, I'd run with them.... after a while I didn't have to ask. I had people whispering me to see if I wanted to run with them.

I made a really good impression on a fairly large group of people and met some really awesome people along the way leveling through there.

This change will hopefully put us back to that mindset again. If I find a great person to run with, and they just happen to be from my server? Heck yes they are going on my friends list. I love running with good people. Heck... might even find a good guild for alts on other servers that way.

Can't count how many people Bloodriver has picked up through instancing.... ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
04/30/2011 01:10 PMPosted by Cyberweasel
This change is all very well and good, but it needs to be an option. Not everyone wants to group with people from their realm.

Right on.
Reply Quote
This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

So that's why my 4-man guild group randomly got a 5th guild member...
rofl xD /win and... did that guild member get the 15% buff and call to arms loot? (100% serious question lol..)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
The thing I loved about In Realm queues is you would end up running with people repeatedly if it was a good group.

Plus, anyone you end up running with that has skill and a good attitude, add them to your friends list. Increase your social network of good players, and your future dungeon running will go smoother, and more enjoyable. :)
Reply Quote
26 Night Elf Warrior
04/30/2011 01:54 PMPosted by Taggthemage
So that's why my 4-man guild group randomly got a 5th guild member...

Oh boy. Now I have to temporarily put the guild leader's gf on ignore when I queue up, juuuust in case.
Reply Quote
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

Sounds like a great change!
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
04/30/2011 11:56 AMPosted by Eternia
Regardless of a few people wineing about being on a bi-lingual server (why would you be on one in the first place?), this is a great change. Good work blizzard.

Because they weren't bi-lingual to start with.
Reply Quote
4 Undead Priest
04/30/2011 10:44 AMPosted by Natsume
doing terrible in their group

Get your stuff enchanted and gemmed before accusing others of being bad.

FYI, the reason I don't like this change is that I play a healer and don't want people whispering me all the time to do groups. I always feel obligated to accept even when I really don't want to play. Before RFD came out I felt I had to claim I had to log as an excuse not to do groups. After RFD was implemented, I was able to queue only when I really wanted to do heroics.

I guess I won't be doing heroics anymore...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

I mean, this is great and all, but lol. I've not had many experiences with same-realm people, and in particular one good and one bad.

Good: Met a druid healer waaaaaay back in a lvl 30 dungeon. Great healer! Had a great party too. We ran multiple dungeons with the same pug until one had to leave. The silly guy didn't leave party, so we had to disband and move on. The healer and I teamed up for a couple more dungeons but eventually that was it. And that was it.

Bad: This one's creepy. While PVPing, I saw this mage from my server. We troll each other, laugh, and leave. We end up running into each other a few times because it was a weekend CTA. I also at one point sold him something. Then randomly a few days later, I was in a dungeon with my girlfriend through pug, and he was also in party. Still we were getting along and laughing and whatnot. Then at some point, we were doing the base caps in Hellfire and this guy shows up AGAIN. At this point, we chat, kill an alliance that tried to take us on and eventually added him to guild.

Shortly after this point, it went sour. We told him straight off the bat the guild is just for fun, has no expectations and is very relaxed. If we're available we can help, but otherwise please don't beg. Well, he begged, and mooched. It went bad within a couple weeks because he was getting very nasty about our inactivity and not always able to help him. He eventually dropped guild and never heard from him from then. Some time later, girlfriend and I are pugging again. Had this guy trolling the whole way, jokingly so it wasn't bad. Seemed familiar to me though. It was later in the dungeon when he finally admitted to knowing us--without saying outright. We of course has to guess--and was an absolute prick after and made every effort to disrupt the party despite two people not being involved at all.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Funny. I don't know how many people realize this but if you don't like the change, that's actually you're living proof of this change is very much needed.

Over populated servers are usually filled with jerks, we all know that. As much as you hate it, we don't like jerks from your server too. Take care your server problem by yourself.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Utu
I'm very pleased to see this change. Hopefully it will restore a bit of socialability to pugs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]