In-realm pugs only?

85 Tauren Shaman
Yup, i remember trying to form a group on Warsong before the Random dungeon matchmaking, it was hard to find someone that even understood the word ''Hi''
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Thank you for the change.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
I approve of this change. I was beginning to feel like the dungeon and cross realm BGs were killing the social aspect of this game.
Reply Quote
Do not like, please revert or add an opt out feature. Its not fun feeling like i can't leave a bad group because of how it reflects on my guild. Gotten 3 all realm pugs where at least 3 of them have been from a poor guild and they fail to read my guild tag while i accommodate them they think they know more and its really more frustrating and makes me not want to play. Either that or i just have to ignore every level 85 on my server :(.
Reply Quote
20 Draenei Paladin
To a degree I like this change, I've earned a reputation on my server that I enjoy. But I've met some fine people from other servers. This change also makes some people responsible for their actions in pugs, since now it's much easier to talk to their guild and raid leaders. I guess overall it's a positive change.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote]Zarhym

04/29/2011 11:04 AMPosted by Zarhym
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

Fantastic! Thank you!
Edited by Wiebelhaus on 5/1/2011 12:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
when will you learn to stop listening to players. no matter what blizzard does people will complain so just ignore them and make your game the way you want to. with over 10 million active accounts you afford to lose a few whiny little brats.
Edited by Rãvinus on 5/1/2011 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Draenei Paladin
05/01/2011 12:54 AMPosted by Rãvinus
when will you learn to stop listening to players. no matter what blizzard does people will complain so just ignore them and make your game the way you want to. with over 10 million active accounts you afford to lose a few whiny little brats.

I have noticed that no matter how positive the change people will always complain about it. The reverse is true, no matter how negative the change people will always support it, good example of that is the real name on forum fiasco.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
04/30/2011 10:41 PMPosted by View
Do not like, please revert or add an opt out feature. Its not fun feeling like i can't leave a bad group because of how it reflects on my guild.

Working as intended.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
A suggestion posted on WoW Insider (http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/04/30/patch-4-1-dungeon-finder-change-places-players-from-realms-toget/):

But how about taking it one step further? What about a simple checkbox where we can choose to group with our own realm or not? That would allow us to have fast groups with randoms or slower groups with our own realm. It would also give a clear signal to Blizzard what we want, they just have to look at how many people check the box.

I'm personally not at all happy with this change, and judging even by this thread alone I'm not the only one who's not. Please consider giving players a choice.
Edited by Zopka on 5/1/2011 2:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

Well, I wanted a checkbox...but I suppose this works too. Neato. Thanks for listening, guys. ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
maybe people will stop being a sack of #*@!s and not leave at the drop of a hat :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
This is a great change. When I chose my server I did it because I knew some friends there IRL, there are great guilds and several superb players there to learn from. We can insta-queue with a healer and tank in our group, but when I run solo dungeons (most of the time) I still end up with maybe 1 person from my server if that. It's not a big deal.
Edited by Uthonna on 5/1/2011 8:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/01/2011 08:04 AMPosted by Uthonna
This is a great change. I did a lot of looking into my server, had friends irl there and there's several really great guilds and players. Sounds like people need to put thought into their servers and not blame a good new mechanic...

Or just add a checkbox to the system and both sides is happy?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage

Or just add a checkbox to the system and both sides is happy?

I doubt it would make everyone happy... There seems to be one thing that is constant about this game, that the people who have gripes tend to be 4x more vocal about changes than people who like them, because those who like them are too busy playing the game. This thread doesn't seem to meet that and so I'm willing to bet a pretty penny it's a minority of players making a big ado about nothing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]