In-realm pugs only?

87 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't understand what the OP is saying.

He appears to be saying he plays on a server full of players that speak a different language and is complaining that he ends up in groups with them.

Um...wtf.

That is exactly what I am saying.

The majority of players on Gurubashi and Warsong are Brazilian. If you pop in to our trade chat you will actually see far more Portuguese being spoken than English. (By a wide margin.)

It's unfair for those of us that speak English to constantly but put in pugs where the language spoken is Portuguese. But I guess on the other side of that coin the Brazilians are loving this.

So who picked the server you play on again ? YOU?!?! ...yeah thought so. Why stay on a server that speaks a different language ??? Xfer off or deal with it. Blizzard isn't going to change the RDF just for you. So either xfer off ...or learn how to speak the native tongue...clocks tickin
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
An EXCELLENT change to LFD. This change really promotes better community. If you get paired with some folks you enjoy to run with, the possibility is still available in the future. A good way to make your realm more of a community and less of just a bunch of strangers running around........
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
It is not really a question of sides... it seems that the discussion to implement this wasn't very in depth.

In summary:

1. A lot of bad experience comes from being alone with 3 or 4 people from the same guild/realm;

2. they will need on everything and then either sell the gears/items to another realmies or trade it to them, pissing off the outsider;

3. they will troll the outsider and make his life miserable; (love how a crew of 4 jerks cussed and trolled their way thru an entire instance without providing my toon with heals, they couldn't VK me either since they already abused it to VK other players)

4. a unknown number of people that have been playing the game unguilded/solo where using LFD to farm their goal because they do not like their realms community (and find paying anywhere from $25 to $250 to xfer their crew to a more decent realm is not a possibility);

^- #4 is pretty much my case... i just bailed if there is too many from the same realm... I'm loggin' in to play not to be abused by jerks.

So next time... Do not just listen to the forum... try adding a [Poll] function to your client and see what the players are actually thinking about it.

/end thread for me.

I like groups with 4 people came from the same guild. Yes, I have seen few bad attitude guilds, but that's really rare. Most of the time, they like me and treat me like their guild player.

Probably, your attitude and/or performance causes most of your unpleasant experiences?

If that problems happen lot to you, I think most likely you're the actual problem.
Edited by Chihaya on 5/1/2011 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
23 Orc Hunter
This might have already been said as I've not read this entire thread but why not just implement this as an option?

Hell if you, Blizzard, think that the plebs should not be messing with it bury it in Advanced Options like everyone else does.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
It's my opinion, that this feature should not be optional. Why? Because there's no reason for you to not be grouped with your own realm as a priority. A realm is a "world" a set dimension of players that interact and trade with each other. To bypass that idea is to bypass the entire idea of separate servers.

Also, I like the behavioral accountability of players from my realm being grouped together. If you know that you'll have to "live" with the players that you randomly group with, the chances that you're going to be a jerk GREATLY diminish. In fact, I don't think I've ever been randomly PUG'd with a player from my server, and then seen them decide to act like a-holes.

It is my hypothesis that the players who are complaining about such a neat feature and demanding optional, are in fact, those players that are in the habit of being jerks to their random queues.

Learn some social skills, please! :)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
05/01/2011 08:13 AMPosted by Venissa
So who picked the server you play on again ? YOU?!?! ...yeah thought so. Why stay on a server that speaks a different language ??? Xfer off or deal with it. Blizzard isn't going to change the RDF just for you. So either xfer off ...or learn how to speak the native tongue...clocks tickin

He does speak the native tongue. Gurubashi has a large population of Brazilian players that speak only Portuguese but the server itself is technically a North American server.

I feel for you OP. I won't lie I've had almost universally bad experiences with Gurubashi players. Not only do all the trouble ones speak Portuguese, they are abusive and insulting in Portuguese to the non-Brazilians, and worst of all they are TERRIBLE. I'm talking pants on head terrible with tanks incapable of holding aggro back in wrath and just plain bad dps running around in their clique doing stupid things. Nearly every last group I had with them that player in question either had to be kicked for poor performance/griefing or I had to drop group because my repair bills were skyrocketing. That said though on rare occasions I would get a player that could speak English and was beyond excellent making the run easy and fun without being a jerk. I couldn't begin to imagine having to group with that segment of your server against my will all the time.
Edited by Cogspoke on 5/1/2011 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

I think it's excellent.
I was kind of scratching my head on this "coincidence" too but it's certainly preferable and quite nice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

Too little, too late. The community died already. It's gonna take much more than this to bring it back to life.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue

This isn't good, now people from my realm will know how terrible I am.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
05/01/2011 12:01 PMPosted by Cairden
Too little, too late. The community died already. It's gonna take much more than this to bring it back to life.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

He appears to be saying he plays on a server full of players that speak a different language and is complaining that he ends up in groups with them.

Um...wtf.

That is exactly what I am saying.

The majority of players on Gurubashi and Warsong are Brazilian. If you pop in to our trade chat you will actually see far more Portuguese being spoken than English. (By a wide margin.)

It's unfair for those of us that speak English to constantly but put in pugs where the language spoken is Portuguese. But I guess on the other side of that coin the Brazilians are loving this.

transfer to an English speaking server then!
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin

Holy, crap! I had to check this out for myself.

I created a character on both realms, and I was shocked. On each character, I stood in Stormwind City for 10 minutes and not one line -- not a single line -- of Trade chat was in English. Well, that is until I posted, "Is there a special English channel." Then, the English started: "No!" "Get off our server." "Why? Go away!"

Is this even allowed on an English-speaking server? How the hell can you stand it? If everyone always speaking in a foreign language in general chat channels is allowed by Blizzard, then I only see two choices: Learn the foreign language or transfer realms.

Seriously, transfer to another server. If you explain your circumstance to Blizzard customer service (you started on that realm before it was taken over by aliens), then I believe you have a good chance of getting a free transfer.
Reply Quote
80 Human Mage
Definitely, in other MMOs when doing something similar to a dungeon, you get to meet new people, and then add them to your friends list (as they are in the same world/realm).

This is not possible with World of Warcraft's dungeons.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
This change sucks!!! Change it back to the way it was!! I'm a hard-ass elitist on my server who does piss poor dps and I don't want people from my server to know how bad I am.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

Um...wtf.

[quote="24562355813"]the system does seem to be trying to match you up with people from your own realm a bit more

Don't advertise your ADD. The guy's choices and preferences aren't subject to you're approval. People like you talk to hear yourself speak.

There was a clearly defined question. You're too dumb to answer it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Has pros and cons.

Pro - less people dropping group for stupid reasons.

Con - it's easier to learn a new role anonymously without the risk of getting black balled. For example, I thought of learning to tank. I'm not a skilled tank, but I am an above average dps. I won't risk my reasonable rep as a dps by practicing tanking with people who are on my realm but will likely only have one experience with me.

Yes, I know bitter bloggers, there are other options. Shussh.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I like it. Being more likely to be grouped with people from my server opens doors as far as possible raiding goes and the other way around. When I have to pug out spots for a raid actually having some clue about how people perform versus just their ilevel is great.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Since the new patch I have noticed that I have no longer been grouping with players from other realms. I am sure many would think this is a non-issue, but for those of us Gurubashi it is an issue.

When I queue for a random and end up in nothing but full Brazilian, non-English speaking, pugs each and every time it makes things quite a bit harder than they need to be.

Before Tuesday it was rare that I would group with another player from Gurubashi. Now it's all I see. Does the random heroic group system prioritize same-realm match-ups over other realms? If so can we change that possibly? Because right now it makes pugging as an English speaker on Gurubashi nearly impossible.

So if you're not fond of your server and what it's become, would a server transfer be out of question?

Every so often blizz offers free transfers to low pop realms... or alternatively, you could just do some research and find a server you like.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]