In-realm pugs only?

85 Goblin Shaman
I've heard of Gurubashi having an invasion of Brazilians a while back. Sorry, but maybe consider a server change.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Warrior
I haven't seen anyone from the same realm as me.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
05/01/2011 04:14 PMPosted by Doorah
This change sucks!!! Change it back to the way it was!! I'm a hard-ass elitist on my server who does piss poor dps and I don't want people from my server to know how bad I am.

Very droll.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
...This debate is giving me a headache because of the lack of logic.

People saying *#@! like 'it's about dah fallout after the dungeon!!!! it could like increase trolling or something!'

If you're offended by people on the internet who you can ignore and will never see irl you deserve to suffer anyway. Blizzard just needs to add a setting available to players that turns off/on the tendency to have members of your realm.

Seriously, just don't be a jackass and you won't have problems.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage

That is exactly what I am saying.

The majority of players on Gurubashi and Warsong are Brazilian. If you pop in to our trade chat you will actually see far more Portuguese being spoken than English. (By a wide margin.)

It's unfair for those of us that speak English to constantly but put in pugs where the language spoken is Portuguese. But I guess on the other side of that coin the Brazilians are loving this.

So who picked the server you play on again ? YOU?!?! ...yeah thought so. Why stay on a server that speaks a different language ??? Xfer off or deal with it. Blizzard isn't going to change the RDF just for you. So either xfer off ...or learn how to speak the native tongue...clocks tickin

The saddest part about your post is if you were in his scenario you'd be crying your eyes out on the forums.

All he's done is create a thread and try to politely as blizzard for a bit of help, and they responded by telling him what the rule was and not offering any solution. Greedy lovable corporate bastards that they are. :)

You're basically telling him he deserves to pay an unnecessary amount for a realm transfer when it was blizzard who !@%!ed him. Blizzard created the problem, blizzard should fix it. Plus it's a REALLY easy problem to fix, whether through a couple free realm transfers or making "samerealm" a setting.

But then again, this is one of those things like low level balance that will probably never happen. :P
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
It is not really a question of sides... it seems that the discussion to implement this wasn't very in depth.
So next time... Do not just listen to the forum... try adding a [Poll] function to your client and see what the players are actually thinking about it.
/end thread for me.

...Or just make it optional so that everyone can choose the setting they prefer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

I don't know if what I'm experiencing is a result of this, or if it has something to do with the armor-type matching, or if it has nothing to do with either, but over the last several days I've been experiencing random queues that are significantly longer than the average wait times. As in, average wait time for my tank says 29 seconds. I end up waiting for 19 minutes.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I like queuing with people not from my realm. If I wanted to queue with them, I'd go in trade. This is a stupid fix, because maybe not everyone wants to play with the people on their own realm?

I really like random pugs, mainly because my realm shares the same queue group as my old realm, Proudmoore, so I see a lot of my old guildies when I queue up.

As I said, I don't want to queue up with people from my realm. That's what /2 LF 3 DPS & 1 Healz, is for!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
then dont chicken out and tell them that they suck yea thats gets u a bad rep bu hey u could finally make tem realize there bad and POSSIBLY make them suck less and maybe l2p =) i have a horrible rep on my realm for being an @*!**!! cause i could care less if ur bad ur bad and im always gonna call u on it
Reply Quote
Thanks for making this change. I really like it and the new guild finder too. It is most helpful especially when the guild writes something about the guild. I just found a guild with over 50s like me. Very nice.
Reply Quote
Good change! 100% approved
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
im not gonna read 15 pages, but i will add my .02

the only saving grace to RDF was that as awful as my server is, i dont have to do dungeons with them. i have kicked more scrubs from my server this week, than i ever did with RDF.

now that is gone.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

So that's why my 4-man guild group randomly got a 5th guild member...

Yeah, I had that happen a bit, Was like hey guildies!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
On another note I do believe that Wow should offer an one time all character server transfer. A lot of realms have either died out or are taking a dive in another way and for those stuck on that server with a lot of different characters, should have the opportunity to remove all characters at once, not for free, but for a consolidated fee.
Reply Quote
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

NICE, I like this idea
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Yeah, I guess it's nice to find people from your own realm, but got grouped with 2 people from 2 of the most conceited and anti-social guilds on my realm yesterday...there weren't any problems and I avoided typing anything, but if I knew I were being grouped with people from these two guilds again, I would *not* re-queue.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I know its not ideal but maybe you can get a free transfer to an english speaking server with a low population which is done free of charge by Blizz.

But leaving a server you have been on for a while would suck.
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Shaman
Dear OP,

Change servers. Bring your English-speaking friends with you. Sounds like you might be happier overall.

Sincerely,
Someone-Who-Likes-Getting-Groups-With-People-From-Their-Own-Server
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid

Please don't do that. My realm is terrible and using the tool to get away from players on my server used to be a perk.

:(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]