In-realm pugs only?

85 Orc Shaman

i thought we already had an official server for brazilian players

jw

No, there are Spanish realms, but Brazilians speak Portuguese. From what I have been told by my Brazilian friends is that the latency to the Spanish realms is quite a bit higher than to Guru or Warsong and Spanish is more of a pain to them than English.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Best change to the LFD EVER! Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Req
This makes me happy, in tickling tummy ways, some less than friendly character on my realm may grow on me now,
now whether its like a flower or a tumor, we have yet to decide
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
While I agree, this could be a good change, I would have preferred an option instead.

I can see a lot of server drama coming, with people getting fail groups from their own server. Opens up harassment issues.
Reply Quote
04/29/2011 11:04 AMPosted by Zarhym
This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening

there are many "late additions" apparantly, and some still not in the works yet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Now it has the unexpected side effect of others in the group thinking we paired up together. Gets a bit embarising as the last few times this has happend the random player from the same realm was on the fail side/frost mage thinking its okay to play like its pvp/solo and run around, not focus and not stack on charging mobs. So you got the headache of dealing with such irritable person and then you got the embarrassment that they are from your realm and then get players asking you, "is your friend "special.""

Good to know I can write it off and show them this CM post.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 4/29/2011 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Something like the reciprocal happened to me;

Alright, take me, from an english-US server. Doing my random heroic, get grouped with 3 spanish-speaking people and one suspected russian-speaker. (who didn't talk) Luckly, they were bilingual, and so am I to an extent, but I'm wondering if maybe i happened upon these people purely by chance, or maybe I've just never grouped with this realm ever before somehow. It was fairly strange.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>
I actually like this idea. Unless the pug from your servers are Fails :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>
Awesome! Thanks for listening on that.
Reply Quote

I actually got quite a thrill from that feature, one of the PuG people we had for ZG was from my realm, and as soon as he joined he said "Oh, wow, it's *my guild name*! Cool!".

Made my day. :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage

Thank you. Because of this switch, I am actually looking forward to my pug groups now. It's a much more pleasant experience and it's fun for me knowing that my hard work builds my reputation on the server. I don't do it as much on this toon but it still feels awesome. it also adds an element of self-policing and personal responsibility which I love. If this keeps up, we might see a resurgence of community in a lot of servers.

Yeah. There is a down side to it in that you feel coupled to that group since you're on the same realm as them.. but you aren't exactly shafting them if you leave group. I'm a DPS and am as replaceable as a light bulb (unless you're a tank pre-85).
Edited by Mór on 4/29/2011 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
Any way to disable this? I'm not particularly fond of some of the other guilds on my realm and would rather not have the higher chance of getting lumped in with them.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
04/29/2011 11:08 AMPosted by Ehcks
So that's why my 4-man guild group randomly got a 5th guild member...

Well that's embarrassing.

"Nah, James, we're just hanging out. No, we wouldn't go run LFD without you, don't worry. Yeah, you should probably solo queue, I mean we're not really up for a random right n-

...aw, crap."
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

A not-bad compromise; this might actually get me back into the RDF.

And I thought you guys weren't listening. :P
Edited by Karlieb on 4/29/2011 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I like this change as well, I realy miss the community feel. also, in bg's as well. It used to be a blast doing a battleground and having my same arch enemy in there almost all the time
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]