In-realm pugs only?

90 Human Paladin
This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

So that's why my 4-man guild group randomly got a 5th guild member...

I imagine a conversation like this:

[guild chat]
Annoying guild guy> lol HEy guise! caRry me threw a roic lol
Normal guild member> Sorry, we just formed our group and queued. Too late.
Normal guild member> Maybe another time.
Annoying guild guy> lol drop grp i needz gearz lol
Normal guild member> Too late. Already queued. Maybe next time.

[part chat]
Normal guild member> Phew! We made it just in time!
Normal guild guy> /cheer Good job. Fast queue time FTW!
Annoying guild guy> hey guise! WOW!11! we got in teh same grp. awesome!!!1!!
Normal guild member> FML

Edited by Kezmaefele on 4/29/2011 12:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter

Will it be possible to allow players to disable the feature. I hate to say it but there are a lot of bad players on Shandris and I would rather run with people off realm.

Everybody who's "been playing since Vanilla-beta" is going to ream you for this.

That's fine it won't bother me one bit. Personally I don't see how more options for players would be a bad thing. It's not like if they did give people an option to turn it off that they would have to.
Edited by Crimsonsky on 4/29/2011 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Very good i like the idea. playing with ppl on my server that way if thay are jerks. i can talk to their guild leader as let them know one of there guildmates are being rude. or what ever the case my be so ty i love it
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I suspect that some of the people wanting this feature to be optional are the people who are making the LFG so horrid.

Because now if you have one or two server side people in your group and you're a complete douche it will follow you back to your server and start to affect you unlike before.

Not all I'm sure, but that is the reason for some.

Agreed... It took me awhile to /finally/ find a great server to progress on...

Having to pair up with asshats from servers that I wish I could blacklist entirely is what kept me from even wanting to clear PvE content on this toon... I like this change, because now even your realm will know how much you suck when you try and hide in the 'Matchmaking' system to 'obtain' gear...

So how about it Blizz? Let's make the queue system more optional! I have quite a list of battlegroups that I don't want to see server names from in my groups... (lol)
Edited by Chargetarge on 4/29/2011 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
04/29/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Mtay
When I queue for a random and end up in nothing but full Brazilian, non-English speaking, pugs

reminds me of a good youtube video I found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nxxeizQuXY

A computer voice doing the brazilian laugh thing is the most brilliant thing I've seen in a while. That's great.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I suspect that some of the people wanting this feature to be optional are the people who are making the LFG so horrid.

Because now if you have one or two server side people in your group and you're a complete douche it will follow you back to your server and start to affect you unlike before.

Not all I'm sure, but that is the reason for some.

I'm getting the same vibe.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Death Knight
I actually kind of like this idea. I mean sure now I get stuck with some bad people from my realm but at the same time at least I know they're %!#%ty in advance and can prep myself. Plus it has the potential to really help clean up the LFG thing.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

I welcome this 100%!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

reminds me of a good youtube video I found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nxxeizQuXY

A computer voice doing the brazilian laugh thing is the most brilliant thing I've seen in a while. That's great.

Man, i`m a brazilian and i laughed a lot at this video, its great
UAhuaHAUhauHUUAHuahauhuAhauauhauhaUau XD

We try speaking in english in dungeons and raid pugs, not every BR is like this video shows, but, whatever, its funny anyway ;) Sometimes we speak in portuguese, forgetting that there is a english speaker at the group, just ask us "in english please".
Edited by Redhørn on 4/29/2011 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
This change is so nice. I bet their will be less people rolling for loots they don't need and also make people accountable if they are bad. So many people get carried through LFD and people have such bad attitudes since you will never see them again when it's cross realm. Do not, I repeat do not make this an option no matter what these people say. I bet most of them are ninjas or baddies that want it the old way. And for the people who play on a realm that is full of foreigners who does not speak english ......... xfer your toon. Sorry but your assed out!!!
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Please, please, please don't do this with PvP.
The realm I'm on is horrible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]