In-realm pugs only?

85 Goblin Shaman
i kinda skimmed the responses + blue, not sure how the total opinions are but could it be possible to make it a option when you queue for the dungeon finder kinda like role? when i mean roll i mean the fact that there is a check box.
Edited by Hotandtasty on 4/29/2011 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
My friends list has been full of spider webs since LFG was implemented. Heroics became like nasty flings - brief, full of energy but in the end utterly devoid of real connection - and I see this finally improving.

Example:
My first post-patch run was me from Gnomer and four from KJ. In the end, three of the JK people were in the same guild and the fourth had left his. Apparently only one of the four guilds even organized daily heroic runs to help out DPS with 40 min wait times.

The scars are already healing. Once again bad guilds will be held accountable for their actions as their members converse with people of different guilds (and same servers) in a Heroic group setting. Comparisons will be made and charges will be levied. Let the culling begin!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
No wonder the PUGs I've been in have been more failsauce than usual. >_>;

Good news for my alts on Mannoroth, though!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

A computer voice doing the brazilian laugh thing is the most brilliant thing I've seen in a while. That's great.

Man, i`m a brazilian and i laughed a lot at this video, its great
UAhuaHAUhauHUUAHuahauhuAhauauhauhaUau XD

We try speaking in english in dungeons and raid pugs, not every BR is like this video shows, but, whatever, its funny anyway ;) Sometimes we speak in portuguese, forgetting that there is a english speaker at the group, just ask us "in english please".

Well, I rarely get Portuguese people in my group, but I grew up with Portuguese friends in a portuguese/italian neighbourhood of a large city. So I have at least a little functional portuguese - hopefully enough that I could get the point I need to make across. I just think it's funny how for whatever reason people who all laugh about the same tend to write down their laughter into entirely phoenetically different ways - no Portoguese person I've ever met laughs like that, and I couldn't even imagine how it would actually sound until I saw that video. The computer bringing the sound to life is just brilliant to me.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Sakiri. That sounds like your problem. Have a good one. I don't want to mean disrespect but yeah.. it seems a lot more people are thanking Blizzard for making this happen. And I'm one of them.
Edited by Mór on 4/29/2011 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
This is an awesome change!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
This is a great change, I'm really happy about this. Yay Blizzard!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
i seem to end up in more guild runs from other servers than anything else, so i cant kick one of them for sucking ... its kinda sad carrying people who can barely pull 10k dps ... but im not waiting for 30 mins to reque >.>
Edited by Tirrishek on 4/29/2011 12:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It looks like Blizzard needs to recognize that these realms have become non-english speaking. They should offer free realm transfers for english speaking players. Maybe even create a new realm for them all to transfer to and offer free realm transfers to the new realm for the first month.

They didn't intend these realms to be Portugese speaking realms, but is it what it is and needs to be addressed.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Why? 99% of the time, the #@%%!%*s are from your own server.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

Sweet! Too bad haven't been grouped with anyone from Anvilmar yet. But then, to be fair, I will only queue if I have at least two other guild mates with me.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

This is fun but I hope I still end up in a group with folks from Moon Guard, Wyrmrest Accord and Farstriders players. Made for some very interesting runs :-)

Come to think of it, how was that possible? None of those are in my Battlegroup!
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
While this sucks for English speaking players on realms with almost no English speakers for everyone else it is good news and what we asked for. I really think Blizzard should offer those trapped players a free air lift to a new server.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
It looks like Blizzard needs to recognize that these realms have become non-english speaking. They should offer free realm transfers for english speaking players. Maybe even create a new realm for them all to transfer to and offer free realm transfers to the new realm for the first month.

They didn't intend these realms to be Portugese speaking realms, but is it what it is and needs to be addressed.

You are correct there. But Blizzard has refused to touch that subject for years.

I just wanted to confirm that English speakers have no way to use the LFD tools on these two NA servers anymore. Guild runs or go home eh?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

You are correct there. But Blizzard has refused to touch that subject for years.

I just wanted to confirm that English speakers have no way to use the LFD tools on these two NA servers anymore. Guild runs or go home eh?

Unless you're uber geared, (haven't checked your armory. Too invasive of a person's privacy), then I'd honestly suggest rerolling on another realm, or doing a server transfer. Leveling is stupid easy these days, so hitting cap won't take long at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]