In-realm pugs only?

87 Blood Elf Paladin
I will say, as a long time Gurubashi player, by the time I realized it was half BRs, it was too late. However, despite the language barrier, I've had a lot of great times playing with BRs and many of them are excellent players.

It is annoying though. I've heard its worse on Alliance side.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

Unless you're uber geared, (haven't checked your armory. Too invasive of a person's privacy), then I'd honestly suggest rerolling on another realm, or doing a server transfer. Leveling is stupid easy these days, so hitting cap won't take long at all.

While I would find it distasteful to pay for 9 character transfers due to my server randomly becoming an unofficial Brazilian server, there are those in my guild who are not willing to relocate. (For whatever reason. That is their business.)

I would think that Blizzard would want to step in and sort the situation out, but so far they have been unwilling. While I personally hate the idea, the guild relocation services might be our ticket out, and we lose a few long time friends and players. (In which case we still lose eh?)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
This surprises me, because ever since Cata, I've always gotten more same-server puggies than I thought would occur if it were random, and assumed that it invisibly preferred to put you in with people from your server when possible. I guess it was just coincidence, until now.

As for people who don't like the change because they hate their own server for whatever reason, I'm not sure what to say. If there are a lot of people there you don't want to play with, whether because they speak a different language, or because they're jerks or bad at the game... they have just as much right to play on that server as you do. The LFD tool wasn't introduced as a bandaid for being on a server you don't like, though it may have had that side effect for some people. I've always addressed this problem by not playing on servers I can't stand, as do most people I'd imagine.

(To be honest, some days I'd rather group with someone who didn't speak English, because I'd rather not hear whatever nonsense people are spouting, and they don't listen to what anyone says anyway...)
Reply Quote
04/29/2011 12:06 PMPosted by Sakiri
Everybody who's "been playing since Vanilla-beta" is going to ream you for this.

I've been playing since Vanilla and I agree with them.

I only ran guild groups in Vanilla because the general populace was a bunch of mouth breathers and window lickers.

It would seem that you have an issue with other people in general, judging from your tone in your posts in this, and not just those from your own server.
Reply Quote
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

I noticed this before realizing it was an intended patch myself (figured it must be, as it seemed to be happening more than chance should allow). I personally LOVE it. I've already found at least one person I was able to add to my friends list, and we've already queued together, swapped profs, etc.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

Really? That is just awesome !
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight

That is exactly what I am saying.

The majority of players on Gurubashi and Warsong are Brazilian. If you pop in to our trade chat you will actually see far more Portuguese being spoken than English. (By a wide margin.)

It's unfair for those of us that speak English to constantly but put in pugs where the language spoken is Portuguese. But I guess on the other side of that coin the Brazilians are loving this.

Transfer and be quiet.
Edited by Poundawhut on 4/29/2011 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage

Will it be possible to allow players to disable the feature. I hate to say it but there are a lot of bad players on Shandris and I would rather run with people off realm.

Everybody who's "been playing since Vanilla-beta" is going to ream you for this.

I've been playing since vanilla, and I completely agree with him. I would love to see this made optional. It's been my experience that most of the people from my server are pretty bad.

Got into a ZG a day or two ago when no matter how many times I explained the boss fights, none of the people would listen. took us an hour to down the first boss, another hour and a half to down the second. At that point I had to leave, just because I didn't expect the run to take that long. Every single person in the group was from my server.

I try to run with guild groups whenever possible, but when I can't I don't want to be stuck with primarily people from this server.
Reply Quote

My guildies and I are LOVING this change. Thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/29/2011 11:04 AMPosted by Zarhym

It worked last night. Everyone noticed that. It was, how do you say it... "AWESOME."
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
04/29/2011 01:50 PMPosted by Sakiri
Best part is when they whisper you repeatedly afterwards asking why you left, and you don't want to sound like a prick by saying that your five year old nephew with a developmental disability could play better than they do.

Heh, nah I told them why I had to go. It was about time for the wife and I to head out.

I try not to be a dbag to anyone unless they start with the dbaggery. However that doesn't mean I enjoy constantly getting grouped with people who refuse to read and learn how to do an encounter properly.

Oh, and I feel your pain Sakiri. I played on skywall way back in vanilla. Wasn't a happy place :(
Reply Quote
about time
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Well, off-topic, I can (kinda) try to explain on how the "huahuahuauahu" made it through the Internet. Brazilians (like me) written laugh is more like haha (this would be our "laughing out loud").

Through the years, and IM messaging, it became more of a button mashing maniac laugh: hauhauhauhuahua - with no specific order for the "h", the "u" or the "a". This would be a "laughing my $% off".
There are even more extreme cases of button mashing that will include the "s" - as in shuhasuahushhsuahsuahushauhsa. I guess I can compare it to ROFLMAO.

Even in portuguese, on the guild chat in-game I'll just lol TBH. Simpler.

More on topic: If you guys get to group with four brazilians, chances are at least one speaks a little english (enough to explain everything to the rest of the group). And it's not hard that all four off them will speak english (some, better than others, but anyway).

You'll eventually find d.bags that will refuse (not that they can't, they don't want to) to speak ANY english. Report, kick, use whatever tools you have. The game doesn't need this kind of selfish people (may they be whatever nationality they are).
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin

That is exactly what I am saying.

The majority of players on Gurubashi and Warsong are Brazilian. If you pop in to our trade chat you will actually see far more Portuguese being spoken than English. (By a wide margin.)

It's unfair for those of us that speak English to constantly but put in pugs where the language spoken is Portuguese. But I guess on the other side of that coin the Brazilians are loving this.

Transfer and be quiet.

I'm not paying any money to transfer off a realm that says "North America" in the selection screen. I don't mind the BRs so much and (horde side at least) am still able to play perfectly fine and find english speakers for pugs, but your pathetic attempt at being "hard" offends me.
Reply Quote
I like this change. TY!
Reply Quote
28 Draenei Hunter
I'm with Sakiri... I am in a small guild. Like, 2 people, small. I am not in another guild on my server for many reasons- the "nice" guilds have bad players, the "good" guilds are a bunch of jerks and I'm tired of interacting with people like that. I was in a raid guild on my main, it didn't work out, I'm done with that for now.

I already give up a ton of guild perks to be able to enjoy my solo play, I shouldn't be punished further with actually having to play with those same guilds I *intentionally* didn't join.

Well, pugged into an all-guild group apart from myself that couldn't down Akil'zon. Their lock did 6k, their hunter did 9, their tank did 8k. I was doing 13k on my rogue- which was low because I had to run after birds (ranged couldn't be bothered), had to run out for lightning, rupture would fall off, I was using CPs for recuperate, etc. Before they pulled, they asked "rogue do you know the fight?" When I said yes, they pulled. THEN someone asked in chat (but I didn't see until after the wipe) "we don't know it so can you tell us?" Seriously? I had to put all 4 on ignore because I didn't want them trying to ask me why I left because I didn't want to tell them they sucked- I just wanted to *leave.*

I grouped with my fiance last night and we got people from our server- a DK who didn't believe in using tank CDs or using death strike. Sure, he is 12/12 but has NO IDEA what he is doing. In fact, I'm pretty sure one of my chars had him ignored already because of a BH pug or something because I recognized the name as someone who is bad.

All the same-server pugs have been nightmares. I have only succeeded in pugging with off-server people. *I* am not the problem. I know ZA from BC (have a bear on an unused char), I know ZG from research and experiencing the new fights (since they are diff from old ZG). I interrupt, I move out of *#%%, I CC, etc.

Most of the people from the same realm as me seem to only pug if they are bad, I don't want to play with them. If I did, I would use trade chat or join one of those guilds. I'm tired of them, I don't *want* to play with them.
Edited by Seiara on 4/29/2011 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]