In-realm pugs only?

55 Dwarf Death Knight
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

That's great!

(well not so much for the OP - but for server community building - thumbs up!)

EDIT: Sorry I was late to this thread so I just now saw it. :)
Edited by Cabal on 4/29/2011 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
This is a horrible change. Revert it back, please. If I wanted to play with people from my own server, I'd find them on my server. Not go into random dungeon finder hoping I'll run into them there.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
of this problem here I go with my log and it appears as date comes up at 100% of this error Blizzard Updater was unable to start up.
The file "Data \ enUS \ base-enUS.MPQ"could not be found. If this problem persists, You May Be Able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. aff want to play .. logged out earlier today that's right, tonight from this problem there
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I'm cautiously in favor of a Dungeon Finder that prefers people from my realm, but it's a little too early for me to tell.

Basically - I want to play with people that I will see again.

I don't want to play a lobby game where I get matched with an unending stream of random strangers.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
This one small change has started to renew my faith in blizzard
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
This is a good thing! Maybe friends lists will again begin to fill up automatically as you level.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

Oh no... I'll have to deal with people from Aerie Peak again... All of the good players from BC have all left or just don't pug anymore. :(

I'm sure other people will love this change, however.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I for one am glad my groups will not suffer sabotage from freaks on other realms whom have no conscience when all but destroying my chances of completing an instance or even surviving one trash pull!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I really like this idea. I thought something was up when I saw consecutive ZA/ZG pugs with folks from my realm and from progressive guilds that I recognized. However, I DID get a pug mage from my realm today (who was on my friends list) in a ZG run. At first I was stoked, cool, I know these people, will encourage communication, etc...

Until he needed on the wands that dropped from the 2nd AND 3rd boss we killed, claiming the 2nd one had hit and the 1st one didn't. Normally I wouldn't have cared but I know he's a chanter and probably ninja'd them for the crystals seeing as how he didn't offer to reroll/trade the other wand/crystal to another party member. My only 'consolation' lay in the fact that he and his fellow guildies in that run could not grasp the mechanics of phase 2 of the Jin'do fight and the run fell to pieces (despite lengthy explanations).

So it just goes to show, careful what you ask for, you just might get it.
Reply Quote
48 Troll Priest
i am not sure whats going on but since the updates i have not nore has anyone else been able to get into the dungeouns or battle grounds. first it says failed to teleport then when you try to do it, it says that the instance is not found so we are all left hanging. if i am stuck questing, i think i will have to quit wow for good. whats going on blizzard?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I think this a great change. The biggest loss in communication in the LFG pugs is because people simply don't care about each other. I've had moments of my own (that I'm not proud of) were I acted like a jerk in pugs because I knew that I would never see those people again. Hopefully this change will help everyone remember to be a little more responsible when grouping with other players.

About OP's server problem though, that does seem like a big issue. Has anyone contacted Blizzard to see if maybe they can offer free server transfers out or something?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I wish this would get reverted to how it was. If I wanted to group with the vast number of vapid idiots that inhabit Dawnbringer, I would ask for a group in trade. I've even ended up with people that I have on ignore. I don't group with people not from my guild on this server for a reason, and I would really like to keep it that way.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
OP, just leave Gurubashi. They didn't listen to concerns about the server back in BC and they won't today. Just leave.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid

A good start, for sure.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
I think in realm dungeon finder is a great step in the right direction.

+1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]