In-realm pugs only?

33 Gnome Warlock
It seems this change has messed up queue times. Both ZG and ZA have CTA Tank/Heals and when me and my g/f queue Tank and Healer the queue says 8 mins.

Kind of crap if you ask me. I can understand if DPS or heals from your server are waiting in separate queues and a tank comes along it tries to put most of them together, but in this case it *appears* to me as if we have to sit in queue and wait for people from our realm to queue, which should not be the way this works.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

Awesome! \o/
Reply Quote
70 Troll Shaman
wait so how do you check what relm people are on in pugs?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803</a>

This made me really happy. :) Haven't seen any Ravenholdters in the few I've done so far, but this is good to hear.
Reply Quote
Je parle le espagnol !! :D viva foreign languages...wakaremash'ta
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

So that's why my 4-man guild group randomly got a 5th guild member...

L
m
a
o
!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657803

/like

This is the best update of 4.1. Thank you so much, Blizzard ♥♥♥
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
The majority of players on Gurubashi and Warsong are Brazilian. If you pop in to our trade chat you will actually see far more Portuguese being spoken than English. (By a wide margin.)

It's unfair for those of us that speak English to constantly but put in pugs where the language spoken is Portuguese. But I guess on the other side of that coin the Brazilians are loving this.

sounds like you should have learned Portuguese. there was a server (different game) that i choose that only spoke Portuguese, so naturally i learned the language. rarely useful anymore, but it comes in handy in Spanish class.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Oh btw,

That opened the door to more people needing on everything and selling it to their "realmies" for gold afterward.

This doesn't make sense at all. I don't understand the logic behind. What kind of realm are you living? Maybe it's only in your mind or only in your realm problem?

We actually greeded Maelstrom Crystal after we realized 4 people came from the same realm.
Edited by Chihaya on 4/30/2011 12:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Could this possibly happening in arenas and battlegrounds currently, by mistake?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
oh sweet god yes.

priority for same realm pugs?

even if it needs a few tweaks (i hear complaints about quere times... sounds like it might need a code tweak...)

BUT...

SAME REALM PUGS.

/joygasm

anyone complaining doesn't realize what this is going to mean for the long run of the LFD system. Short term, no, this isn't going to change that much.

Three months down the line? /cries for joy
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
I absolutely love this. I get an easier way to meet people on my new realm (Wyrmrest Accord) and behavior will eventually earn people a reputation? I can wait a few extra minutes for that!!!

/free tables for life for the employees who coded this one, and our forum blue!
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Mage
Would have seriously preferred an option on this one too...i rather liked not having to be paired with someone on my own server, because lets face it, if i didnt like "working with" them, id prolly never see them again anyway...this could potentially start some unecessary server drama-lets hope it doesnt!
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Mage

Thanks for answering to the false perception made by a small part of the community.

I myself use LFD to NOT run into the trolls, jerks, elitist, bad players, etc, that fill my realm. In fact I cancelled my account a few months pre-LFD since I stopped raiding/being guilded, and I was stuck LFM'ing within the shallow skill pool where I play most of my alts.

PS: Moving realm would cost me $250USD, thus why /trade, /general, etc is off and I'm only queueing for LFD.

^ This. Your server too?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]