Gladius not workin

any idea why my Gladius add on is not working in the arena? I have it updated but its still not working and in the addon menu it says out of date. I tried clicking 'load out of date' but it still does nothing. HELP PLS!!
Reply Quote
Disable the diminishing returns part of the addon. Two reasons why:

1) It's wrong 90% of the time
2) The combat log was updated with 4.1 to break any addons listening to it

Why Blizz decided to put a new argument in the middle of the function signature instead of the end since Lua supports calling functions with only (x-1) / x arguments as long as a good default value is supplied in code for the last one is beyond me, but they did it and it broke a bunch of addons and none of them were reporting correctly.

4.1 has been THE most fail patch in WoW history imho.

Also, google an addon called "DimRet"; it attaches itself to Gladius, is updated for 4.1, and actually works correctly and times diminishing returns as opposed to whatever Gladius' in-house "diminishing returns" timers do.
Reply Quote
Thanks dude.. how do i disabel just the DR part of an addon? Will there be ingame option to do just that?
Reply Quote
05/02/2011 10:58 AMPosted by Robokop
Thanks dude.. how do i disabel just the DR part of an addon? Will there be ingame option to do just that?

I forget... you go in game with Gladius turned on and poke around in /gladius

/shrug

Not sure what else to say... there's some option in there to enable/disable diminishing returns timers... turn them all off and Gladius will work.

OH, another thing I noticed as of 4.1 - you have to enable the in-game arena frames for Gladius to see people, otherwise gladius will just stay empty.
Reply Quote
Damn i feel dumb.. how do i enable in game arena frames?
Reply Quote
05/02/2011 11:03 AMPosted by Robokop
Damn i feel dumb.. how do i enable in game arena frames?

Esc->Interface->Unit Frames

There's a check box that says "Arena Frames" and has like 2 sub-checkboxes that you want checked as well.
Reply Quote
awesome thx alot man
Reply Quote
05/02/2011 11:18 AMPosted by Robokop
awesome thx alot man

No problem.

I ran into this exact same problem except that it would crash wow for me... but only the in the arenas last night. I thought to myself...

"Man, if only there was a way to do arenas to test out if addons will crash my game without the consequences of auto-losses in rated matches... something like a skirmish."

wahmp wahmp
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Gladius should be up to date now;
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/gladius.aspx

Uninstall, and re-install it.
Reply Quote
Gladius should be up to date now;
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/gladius.aspx

Uninstall, and re-install it.

Negatory good buddy. It's DR-timer module still has the same bug where <something something technical; parameters; QQ about Blizz not understanding the purpose of Lua and dynamic function argument lengths>

Anyway, turn off the DR timers on Gladius (since they're broken and wrong most the time anyway) and if you still want DR-timers, google "DimRet" and download that (which was updated 3 days ago and works in 4.1).

who said u cud quote my quote!
Rey told me to do it.

Hell yes he did.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Reygahnci, you're a life saver.

Gladius never tracked my DRs right, even after updating it. I'd see it at 8 seconds left on the DR, would be a 1/2 poly, I sheep just to get the 5 seconds of CC and have it be a full poly.

Hopefully this'll help out.
Reply Quote
Reygahnci, you're a life saver.

Gladius never tracked my DRs right, even after updating it. I'd see it at 8 seconds left on the DR, would be a 1/2 poly, I sheep just to get the 5 seconds of CC and have it be a full poly.

Hopefully this'll help out.

DimRet is the best DR-tracker ever... and it hooks onto Gladius and has forever... it's glorious.

Plus, and I have no idea why the Gladius folks through this was a good idea, the GDR module leaves the stupid icon next to the arena frame even when the DR is "off" (which it usually isn't when it says it is) and will be overlapped whenever a new DR category enters the fray. It can only accommodate 2 slots, so if Guntir hits a dood with MC into Fear when there are 15s left on Cyclone's DR, it goes away... Cyclone's icon and DR-timer just disappears...

DimRet is just better, you can tell it which categories to show and it'll let you change the timing of the DR countdown since sometimes it's 15s and sometimes it's 18s... I've noticed Cyclone requires about 17s to come off of DR while my lock's Fear only takes 15s... it's pretty awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
PUG
Already have a different DR tracker but I ran into an issue where it wouldn't display the "CC Auras" over the class icons.

I found a temp fix for this issue I guess. It seems if I type in "/gladius test" when I first load it, that it's perfect for the rest of the session. Only have to do it once when I log on. If I don't, the CC timers don't show. Not sure why, but a couple others I do arena with have also run into this issue, and seems to fix it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]