About time for an upgrade

85 Worgen Warlock
I currently have a Radeon HD 4850x2, and while it still works perfectly and runs pretty much anything, I feel that it's nearing the end of its run.

My mobo is an ASRock 890fx Deluxe3 and I have a Corsair 750watt psu (want to upgrade to a 1200watt).
I'm looking for either 2 cards to have in crossfire or another dual gpu card with a budget of about 600 bucks.
Any suggestions or recommendations as to what to get next.

I'm currently eying Sapphires 100312-1GSR Radeon HD 6950. So if you have one or two, chime in and let me know what you think of it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
From all I've read multiple gpu's don't work yet in wow. So you may be under rating your fantastic video card. Reference the following video card Hierarchy:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card-radeon-hd-6990-geforce-gtx-590,2912-7.html

DirectX 11 cards do have an advantage after the release of cata. But you should be pulling 70 fps+ anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Vast improvements I witnessed with the advent of DX11.

Currently with IIRC a Saphire Radeon HD 5800ish I can have almost ultra on everything and still be 60 fps in Stormwind or flying over the forest.

I would suspect that a 6950 would most certainly be extreme gravy at this point.

Depends if you want to play other games as well :P
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Why do you want to upgrade to a 1200 watt psu? That is way higher than you need. Only get it if you're going to actually utilize all that wattage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]