Keyboard letter keys cycling skill keys

(Locked)

85 Tauren Druid
Straight to the point.

My keys on my keyboard work perfectly fine outside of WoW and even while chatting. But the second that I go to use any of them outside of chat, they start using my skills. (ie. w uses 1, hit w again and it uses 2 so on and so forth).

The odd thing is, is that ESC works properly and TAB works properly. And it works while in chat. Just not with the skills.

** Note. I've reset the key bindings to default multiple times.
Edited by Martyt on 6/2/2011 3:10 PM PDT
85 Orc Death Knight
im having the same issue have you figured it out yet?
85 Draenei Shaman
Uninstall GuardedID if you have it. It's not only affecting Lenovos now, as Comcast is including it in their security suite.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Typed-letters-appearing-as-increasing-numbers-0-1-2-3-4-5/ta-p/301034
Support Forum Agent
*sigh* Unfortunately GuardedID (GID) has been causing issues with games for some time now. : /

Below are some nice workflows for disabling or removing the program.

-------------------
Toggling GID off before launching a game (Instructions courtesy of the official GID FAQ):

"Before you launch these games , right click on the "G" in you system tray (bottom right) and "Exit" GuardedID. You will then be able to game with no issues. After you are finished gaming, go to start/run/programs/Guardedid and click on Desktop to restart GuardedID's Desktop protection."
-------------------

Prevent GID application from Starting Up
1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type "msconfig"
4. Select "Startup" tab
5. Unchecked GID desktop application
6. Press OK then reboot laptop.

or

Uninstall GID Application from Windows
1. Click Start
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click Add / Remove Programs
4. Search for "GID" / "GID Desktop Application
5. Select the item and select uninstall
6. Reboot when uninstallaion is done.

Is your issue urgent? Need direct assistance? Contact an Accounts and Technical Services Rep! http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

Good luck with the issue, and good gaming!
Edited by Davidba on 5/5/2011 11:22 AM PDT
89 Draenei Death Knight
I found a workaround that doesn't increase system risk. -> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456907567

*sigh* Unfortunately GuardedID (GID) has been causing issues with games for some time now. : /

Here are some nice workflows for disabling or removing the program:

Prevent GID application from Starting Up
1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type "msconfig"
4. Select "Startup" tab
5. Unchecked GID desktop application
6. Press OK then reboot laptop.

or

Uninstall GID Application from Windows
1. Click Start
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click Add / Remove Programs
4. Search for "GID" / "GID Desktop Application
5. Select the item and select uninstall
6. Reboot when uninstallaion is done.

Is your issue urgent? Need direct assistance? Contact an Accounts and Technical Services Rep! http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

Good luck with the issue, and good gaming!
Edited by Përiod on 4/30/2011 1:10 PM PDT
85 Tauren Paladin
I had this problem too. Thanks to whoever discovered it!
100 Human Rogue
Hmmm i have Comcast and a Razor Naga, i did see GID installed anywhere though.

But i have the same issues.
85 Worgen Warrior
still having the same problem im not using a lenovo computer its a HP with the keyboard that comes with the pc
65 Tauren Warrior
Toggling GID off before launching a game (Instructions courtesy of the official GID FAQ):"Before you launch these games , right click on the "G" in you system tray (bottom right) and "Exit" GuardedID. You will then be able to game with no issues. After you are finished gaming, go to start/run/programs/Guardedid and click on Desktop to restart GuardedID's Desktop protection."

Great except it does not show a "G" in my system tray and I don't want to uninstall it. Any suggestions?
90 Human Paladin
Had the same Key issue. Comcast internet user. I uninstalled the Constant Guard program and problem has been solved. Uninstalling this program has not affected the Norton Anti-Virus that it installs. Showed in my system tray as a red shield with CG in it. Ironically when I uninstalled this program and went to fill out the uninstall questionaire, all I could type was 0-9.
100 Gnome Priest
@Lenaursii

GuardedID can be hidden once you logged onto your comacst account to pay your bill, or if you installed their Norton suite package go into your uninstall program files and look for it manually.
85 Night Elf Druid
Thank you SO much! I thought this was an addon issue. I was having SO much trouble. This totally fixed everything.
86 Worgen Death Knight
I turned off GID in startup and my problems apperar to have went away. Awesome. Thanks for the help.
85 Night Elf Druid
i also had the same problem, got rid if GID and problem solved, thanks to whoever figured this out
85 Night Elf Hunter
thanks for posting this. fixed everything
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Ah ha! That solved the problem, thank you very much :D.
13 Gnome Warlock
I have comcast, but no GID. Not in my try, not in my processes running, not in my programs. I'm having a lot of trouble all of the sudden (ie, today) with keys 'sticking' or doing odd things. Only happening in wow.

For those of us without GID, thoughts?
13 Gnome Warlock
Nevermind, just found the issue. (Texter, an autocompleting program I use for work, apparently doesn't like this last update of wow. Turned it off, problem solved.)
85 Human Death Knight
I, too, am a Comcast user, but I don't have the GuardID thing installed on my computer. Reason being is that the internet is paid for by my landlord and run off of a wireless router connected in the neighbor's apartment. However, I have been experiencing this very same issue. My keyboard will stop responding periodically, as will my mouse. I've had the keyboard/mouse combo for about a year now, and haven't had this issue until I started playing WoW again 2 weeks ago. Any other thoughts?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]