Mysterious egg getting more mysterious

85 Human Mage
So after the patch I logged in on this toon to check on my Mysterious Egg and there was no egg in my bags. Thinking I was absent minded I went and purchased a new egg.

I logged in a day or so later and again noticed I had no egg and tried to rectify that situation.

Now I'm on my 4th egg this week and they keep vanishing out of my bags. I don't think they're lost in 'overflow bag space' because I do have space available and it does keep letting me buy eggs, which should be unique.

Any thoughts? Is this a feature to up the Mysterious value? Mysterious-er Egg?
Reply Quote
sounds to me like you are vendoring it as a "trash" item for bag space. but you have to open an in game ticket for them to check that for you
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
05/03/2011 08:27 AMPosted by Eolas
sounds to me like you are vendoring it as a "trash" item for bag space. but you have to open an in game ticket for them to check that for you

No, this is happening to many people. People have witnessed the cracked egg just flat disappear when they mouse over to open it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You may want to check the bug forum as well, i seem to remember something about this right after 4.1 hit.. might be a current bug.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Indeed. Here's a current thread about it, though there are several others in Bug Reports:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456450198
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks for the link Grimmvarg. I had this happen on my mage and thought that perhaps I had remembered incorrectly about buying the egg. When maintenance is done I will have to log onto all 3 of my people who should have eggs and check them. I think from now on I'll have to keep a log of buying / hatching to see if this happens again. I know this isn't the first time I've had a case of a "disappearing" egg, I just thought sometimers got me. :-)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
05/03/2011 09:15 AMPosted by Hermíone
Thanks for the link Grimmvarg. I had this happen on my mage and thought that perhaps I had remembered incorrectly about buying the egg. When maintenance is done I will have to log onto all 3 of my people who should have eggs and check them. I think from now on I'll have to keep a log of buying / hatching to see if this happens again. I know this isn't the first time I've had a case of a "disappearing" egg, I just thought sometimers got me. :-)

No problem. :) I'm kinda anxious myself. I have a couple of eggs that hatch today and I'm worried they'll go the way of the dodo as well, hehe.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Wow! I thought this post went to the same place as my eggs :)

I have actually gotten one since then to hatch for me (freaking White Tickbird Hatchling) so maybe whatever black hole they've been vanishing into is full.

I hope
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
04/30/2011 01:17 PMPosted by Origamislayr
Any thoughts? Is this a feature to up the Mysterious value? Mysterious-er Egg?

Unfortunately, no it is not. This is something that is currently under investigation as we have been receiving numerous reports of the eggs simply disappearing.

I have actually gotten one since then to hatch for me (freaking White Tickbird Hatchling) so maybe whatever black hole they've been vanishing into is full.

Or the White Tickbird Hatchling is immune. :D

While we do not have an estimate on when this issue can be resolved we will provide what updates we can as soon as they are available.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Or the White Tickbird Hatchling is immune. :D

LOL

Isn't that in every other egg?

Vrak: 5 Hero Points for making me laugh today
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I did get some yolks this time.

My dragon vanished, didn't it!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I had the same thing happen with the Disgusting Jar from the Frenzyhearts the other day.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Any word on this getting fixed yet? I want my proto-drake, dang it!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
06/04/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Loliata
Any word on this getting fixed yet? I want my proto-drake, dang it!

Bumping old threads is a bad idea, should of just started a new one. A GM told me to watch the patch and hot fix notes but still haven't seen it. So my guess is that it's still broken.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]