E3 2011 - What do you expect to see?

85 Blood Elf Mage
As E3 is drawing near, I'm wondering what do you expect to see at the expo this year? I know the general public is not allowed to attend the expo as it is for gaming industry professionals only.

However, what are you expecting to see? A new console from the gaming companies may arise? Will some new high-tech games be coming out from various companies like Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony? Or will a new company be coming into the mix for the next-generation console war?

Personally, I can see new consoles coming out in the next upcoming years from the current console companies out there. With the current gaming companies currently having consoles out there for quite some time now, I can forsee some new consoles being announced.

As for new games coming out, I can forsee a new Zelda game coming into the mix, a new Halo game coming out, and even a whole new major new game never before heard of before being released, that will entertain gamers of all ages.

With the technology becoming more and more advanced, the possibilities are becoming endless. So, what are your thoughts?
Reply Quote
28 Worgen Hunter
It'd be nice if Apple announced their console with some concept art. I'm interested to see what they have to offer.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I really don't see much more the re-hash of old titles this year. Don't get me wrong I would love to see something new come out of E3 and perhaps with the Kinnect we might, but I have my doubts.

Most new stuff coming out will be for consoles, I think most will be centered around Microsoft XBox 360 and the Kinnect. Probably arcade or action type games. I also think that there could be some more games leaning to more activity since doctors and scientist are pushing for such games Since the Wii came out.

I think the Wii has ran its course due to limitations of the Wii remote so not much new there. Play Station may get a few more titles but since Sony is now in damage control mode I don't see them doing much of anything to stay out of the spot light.

Maybe I'll get a suprise this year but I some what doubt it. 3d googles, or virtual caps have all been done but maybe the will come out with a new twist on these.

Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I hope their won't be any more new consoles coming out. To many at the moment.
With Nintendo taking the lead on the next console it will be interesting to see how Microsoft and Sony down play that news.

With Sony's recent set back in dealing with online hackers, I think that will be looming on consumers minds as well. I'd wager they will do a sort of clean up campaign the weeks leading up to that to kind of get people's minds off of that.

We as consumers tend to stop and look at the actual games for them being just games and now are more so going towards the what's the next best thing.

This year's E3 will prove to be a challenging one. Nintendo really doesn't need to release anything new on the cafe' front. Maybe a demo here and there and of course people will swallow the hype. That will lessen the momentum of MS and to a great extent Sony.

There is always a clear winner...and honestly for Sony to come out on top they have to leave the gate in a full on sprint. MS could coast to second place without even breaking a sweat, just because this hacking business could not come at a worse time for Sony.

As always all sides will have some great games, but if Sony leads strong and they keep that momentum up they can take second place and kamea maeha themselves to first if they pull out all the stops.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Yup. I have heard that Nintendo is working on a new home gaming console. I never did know the code-name however. I just did login to Nintendo of America's Online Press room which is located at the URL below, and found some interesting information.

Nintendo of America - Online Press Room:
http://press.nintendo.com

Apparently, The Zelda title most anticipated for the Nintendo 3DS, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, is going to be released on June 19th, of this year. This is one game I have been looking to get for quite some time now along with my brother.

The gaming lineup does look great though and should please gamers from all gaming consoles. =)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I m also looking forward to new the Zelda 3ds remake.
I still have the original heh.

I also have the original Zelda: Ocarina of Time as well. It is here at my brothers home however at this time. I also got the game on my Wii console and for the Gamecube console.

Well technically I got two different copies of it, as I have Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest - On one disc from pre-ordering Zelda: The Windwaker in 2003, and then I got the other copy of it on Zelda: Collector's Edition that was released a few years later. =)
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Wii really limited itself into a genre almost on accident. With so many of it's titles being family oreinted most people looking to play both family as well as more mature type titles, like rpgs and fighting/action games will almost never look at the wii at all. I work in the electronics department of my local walmart, and we are even instucted to recommend xbox and ps over wii when they want more mature content in their gaming. I hope the new system will get some of the other types of gaming out their, and not promote just the family stuff. Even though the family games are great, so keep pushing that as well.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
05/03/2011 10:21 AMPosted by Artilleríst
It'd be nice if Apple announced their console with some concept art. I'm interested to see what they have to offer.

apple? they tried it before and failed so idk if they would try it again, they make enough from icrap.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
05/03/2011 10:53 AMPosted by Pickkles
Wii really limited itself into a genre almost on accident. With so many of it's titles being family oreinted most people looking to play both family as well as more mature type titles, like rpgs and fighting/action games will almost never look at the wii at all. I work in the electronics department of my local walmart, and we are even instucted to recommend xbox and ps over wii when they want more mature content in their gaming. I hope the new system will get some of the other types of gaming out their, and not promote just the family stuff. Even though the family games are great, so keep pushing that as well.

hasn't nintendo always had family oriented games though? nintendo always had friendly games while the other consoles had the voilent games
Edited by Killaelmoo on 5/3/2011 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Titan ? Oh wait I mean I expect it on Blizz con
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
05/03/2011 11:06 AMPosted by Dreamily
Titan ? Oh wait I mean I expect it on Blizz con

has blizzard ever been at e3?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
has blizzard ever been at e3?

I'm not quite sure on this myself. I haven't heard of Blizzard being at E3 in the past. I'm sure it is very likely that Blizzard has as it is a major gaming event for gamers around the world!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Mass Effect 3!
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
I want some F-Zero dammit!
And StarFox!
And not a damn remake for either! (A FE4 Remake for the Wii or DS would be cool though.)
Reply Quote
I want another Fire Emblem, and give me a new lord.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Death Knight
I'd like to see vectorman 3 or streets of rage 4 come out. But that's not gonna happen.
Skyrim and zelda SS look good.

I really hope sony and MS let their consols keep going for a while. Sony might since there are still publishers for ps2 going strong.

That said, I think gamers have hit a point where we want, in addition to graphics & gimmiks, good story lines back, not forsaking the story for the graphics. Any real upgrade in the graphics area is like going from dvd to blue ray: sure it looks a little better, but it's not the going from vhs to dvd difference. N64 and PS2 were cool, and had good graphics for their time, but yes the xbox was better. The Wii graphics were > than xbox, but they are not that much worse than the 360 or the PS3. I think we've hit a saturation point, graphically, and the companies need to focus on quality & content in addition to looks.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I was really hoping for Mirror's Edge 2, then I heard they canceled development. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]