6.0GB DDR2
Motherboard
Intel Corporation DG965WH (J1PR)
Graphics
LE2262 (1680x1050@60Hz)
896MB GeForce GTX 260 (EVGA) 44 °C

(edit) 700 watt power supply as well

Thats the Info from Piriforms speccy.

Those temperatures came while running Crysis 2, WoW, and Assassins Creed Brotherhood up at the highest settings for graphics i could find, so i dont think i would have to much issue with my hardware overheating (which i hear is one problem with overclocking). Also, would there be much of a performance boost if i did overclock?

2 more questions,

1.I have a chance to buy an overclocked 1GB rear exhaust GTX 460 for $130, would that be much of an improvement for my system overall, or would it be a very low improvement and not worth buying?

Would it be worth it to overclock the CPU as well?

Please and thank you for your help!
Edited by Midgethunter on 5/4/2011 12:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
The 460 would be a great upgrade for you.
I wouldn't overclock the CPU. The Q6600 is a great CPU, but if you're using a stock HSF then you won't be able to overclock too much.
Your CPU should be fine without overclocking. The only game I can think of that would benefit from it is WoW (of the games you listed).
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Thanks Jaw!
Reply Quote
7 Undead Hunter
How much are you willing to spend?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
the only hardware upgrade that i would do is the graphics card, the CPU is the second best i can get that will work with my motherboard, so i cant buy anything new there. 200 is my limit for a card though, so im thinking that 460 from my co-worker is gonna be just fine.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
If you want to overclock, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181010&cm_re=H50-_-35-181-010-_-Product
for 70 bucks will get you there. so 130 (card from coworker) + 70 for H50 gets your system a better clock and a new video card, and you'll have a pretty dope system.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]