Pokemon; it never gets old

23 Tauren Druid
For whatever reason, I can't get over pokemon. I started when I was nine, and have since then bought EVERY SINGLE GAME.

I don't know why it's so entertaining. Anyone else have this? Maybe with another game series? It's just so entertaining, and I don't even know why.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I'm 23 and still enjoy Pokemon. I don't have a DS, or anything, but I rock an emulator on my PSP and play all the GBC/GBA Pokemon games whenever I'm bored.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
i kidnapped my nephews ds for a few days once just to play his pokemon game.. >_>
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I only enjoyed the games with the first, second and third generation of pokemon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
05/04/2011 10:31 PMPosted by Drâk
I only enjoyed the games with the first, second and third generation of pokemon.

First and second here. After crystal, it just loses me.

I'm no hardcore fan, but it does bring back some good memories.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I was really into red/blue and yellow, but kind of lost interest around gold era. and we're just going to pretend pokemon snap never happened...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
05/04/2011 10:31 PMPosted by Drâk
same, ruby/sapphire/emerald were actually pretty fun
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Yes. Same here. While I may not pick up every game. I at least grab 1 game from each generation. I don't see myself ever stopping pokemon. Ever. As long as it continues to exist and release games I will continue to play.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yes 23 and I still love it. In fact i still have my old game cartridges and the original Game Boy to play them on. I have to say the thing it reminds me of was the time with friends thats why i still like it so much.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
God I should kick the habit yet I still bought Black/white

That game actually rocked even though N was a stupid name for an antagonist
Reply Quote
87 Undead Mage
I've owned at least one game from every generation. Can't get enough, seriously. I started out watching the show, then for Christmas when I was like 9, my parents bought me Pokemon Gold and a kiwi green GBC. I don't always agree with their creative direction, but it never stops me from getting the new games. Neither do my friends who constantly whine about how the first generation is the only generation and blah blah "TELL ME HOW MUCH IT FAILS."

Just putting this out there, Pokemon Crystal is my favorite game in the franchise. <3
Reply Quote
75 Gnome Warrior
Always hated Pokemon games. Not because of the concept, but because I feel like I'm playing a Korean grindfest mmo.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I started at age 7, Im 20 now and bought Pokemon Black...does that answer your question?
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
05/05/2011 12:57 PMPosted by Shirzey
but because I feel like I'm playing a Korean grindfest mmo.

Wrong country :o?

Anyways, I ended up stealing my lil' bros Black game to see what they changed with the games. Cheese louise, I though Gold/Silver was awesome, but I must say Black/White might be the best Pokemon games so far.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
I have the same problem with Pokemon, it's really addicting. I've played through Red, Silver, Diamond, SoulSilver and FireRed dozens of times. SoulSilver/HeartGold is my favorite pair, it mixes the old with the new and there's just so much to do in it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
It's good at what it does, collecting and then leveling up a unique set of creatures to fight through a game.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Nothing wrong with it really, strong rock paper scissor rpg. If combat, grinds, and collecting are things you enjoy you will probably enjoy pokemon.
Edited by Ceratisa on 5/6/2011 4:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]