Level 80 Twink? Why?

90 Tauren Shaman
I ran into an arcane mage last night on a BRC run with my holy pally. He was level 80 and was consistently pushing 20k+ dps on boss fights. He basically ridiculed me for not knowing what a level 80 twink was, and I was so confused as to why someone would do that. Are there 80 twink guilds like there are level 70 twink guilds? He was in mostly 308 gear from BRC and ToT with the epic alchemists stone and power torrent on his staff.

I have twinked back when we could use the head and leg enchants, shortly after they changed the shoulder enchants, and ran in a 19/29 guild with premades and such and it was great.

Are there more of these players out there or was this toon just sick of getting rolled in BG's? At level 80 he had 4430 spellpower, 30 mastery, 25% haste and 31% crit. It was quite amusing how fast things died in BRC. It was just so odd to me.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I think level 80's get put in the 80 to 84 pvp bracket so I don't know why you'd twink an 80...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
05/08/2011 11:03 AMPosted by Neruse
Combat ratings take a huge dive each level past 80, so while a 84 will have much higher HP, someone at 80 will have 25% more haste/crit/etc and burst a lot harder.

Also, because of how mana pools scale, you actually have fewer mana problems at 80 compared to 85.

Once we get a couple tiers under our belt, this will mostly vanish.
Reply Quote
29 Goblin Priest
Yeah, I've never understood people's wishes to purposely chain themselves to a tier of raiding that isn't going to expand anymore, but whatever.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
05/08/2011 02:54 PMPosted by Gudwil
Yeah, I've never understood people's wishes to purposely chain themselves to a tier of raiding that isn't going to expand anymore, but whatever.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
05/08/2011 03:56 PMPosted by Exceptable
Because life does not revolve around end-game content. If you still can't figure it out: alts.

Actually it kinda does, in the sense that all new instances, balance changes, quests, and events are focused on max levels, whereas older content broken by those changes is rarely if ever fixed.

Obviously if you have fun doing crap at level 60 more power to you, but let's be honest.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
If you end up 80 twinking make it on Ghostlands-Us I don't got the money to change servers but i do have an 80 twink and 2 friends doing it My name is Emoburrito
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Warlock
well i look at it this way some people had more fun on other expacs..... me personally ive played the newstuff didnt like it.... wasent a huge fan of wotlk stuff either the most fun i had in this game was raiding and playing during bc and vanilla.... i mean its my money why not enjoy what im doing right?
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
Their is a level 80 twink guild starting on Antonidas (ally) I am gm and co-gm is Aeternus. We will be doing dungeons bgs and arena. going to do icc 10/25 reg/hero once we get enough people. we need tanks heals and dps. have found 10 80s so far and just started looking. send game mail or wisp if u would like more info thanks! and despite what people say 80s can kill 84s easy i even kill some 85s.
Reply Quote
53 Troll Hunter
lvl 80 twinks do have a certain appeal since you can have something like 75% crit and 50% haste on some toons.

Your dps will go DOWN as you level, so a lvl 80 twink does stand a good chance against a lvl 84.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You can still get Herald of the Titans at 80.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
i have lvl 80 twinks, now that mop has launched they are SO fun... i twinked at first because i like twinking and i wanted the Fan on knives move on my rogue so 80 was that lvl i decided to twink at... but mop have made lvl 80 twinks "broken" where i can beat lvl 89's... 90's just have too much gear difference
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
level 80 combat rogue twinks FTW!!!! :D
Reply Quote
60 Undead Warlock
Either WoW has a different definition of twink or this is the weirdest thread ever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]