Warcraft Lounge Podcast

85 Orc Shaman
Introduction to the Warcraft Lounge Podcast

Hello, my name is Chris and I am one of the co-hosts of the Warcraft Lounge podcast. I would like to introduce you to our podcast.

The Warcraft Lounge is a WoW-related podcast that focuses on gold making, current game news, and raiding. The show is co-hosted by Ryan (US-Hydraxis/Lohrdook) and Chris (US-Hydraxis/Drakkmur), who have been friends for 25 years. Ryan and I felt that we could create a podcast that would fill a niche that was unaddressed by the current landscape of WoW-related podcasts. There are three things that differentiate us from other podcasts:

1. Ryan and I both have Finance degrees from Penn State University. Unlike most gold making podcasts/blogs who simply tell you what to sell to make gold, we teach economic concepts that our listeners can leverage to make gold. Concepts previously discussed include: Opportunity Cost, Arbitrage, the Value Chain, Inventory Management, Price Elasticity, First to Market, Picks and Shovels Concept, and Gold per Hour.

2. Ryan and I play the game differently. Ryan is a “casual” player. He tends to shun guilds and often pugs. He enjoys collecting mounts and pets. He focuses on being as efficient as possible with his in game time due to real life commitments that limit his game play. Meanwhile, I am a “hard-core” raider. I have previously been in a top 100 world guild and currently am a main raider in the best guild on my server. I enjoy theorycrafting and min/maxing my various characters. While we agree on many aspects of the game, our differing play styles allow us to often discuss topics from differing points of view.

3. Ryan and I are altoholics. Between us, we have 11 level 85 toons and one of each class that is at least level 80 except a rogue. We both tend to do a lot of research on all of our classes. This allows the two of us to speak intelligently about almost every spec in the game.

If this sounds interesting to you, check us out at www.warcraftlounge.com, download us directly from iTunes (where we have a five-star rating from our listeners), or check us out at Stitcher radio. As we release future episodes (roughly every two weeks) we will post a summary of the episode on the main page here at Warcraft Econ.
Edited by Doobee on 8/9/2011 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
New episode is up:

We talk about:

-What items to buy now to make gold in 4.2
-The legendary. How do you go about deciding who to give it to (hint, don't give it to your GM if he plans to change mains...)
-Premium services. Good, bad, or neutral.
-and of course random other *%*!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Episode 19 is up. Discussions include:

-What we have done in game since the last episode
-Economic minute including discussion on valuing profession CDs (i.e., truegold, living elements, dreamcloth, etc)
-Class Balance Discussion
-Valor point changes
-Are Ryan and I too easy on Blizzard
-Yay or Nays

All this and more (including our very own drinking game). Check us out at www.warcraftlounge.com or go to iTunes, where we have a five star rating from our listeners, and search Warcraft Lounge. You can listen to our podcast in the background as you start to work on the new daily quests.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Episode 21 is now up. Discussions include:

-My adventures in the Goldshire Inn on US Moonguard (also known as the Bada Bing Club)
-How has Ryan's guild recruitment been progressing
-Economic Minute: How to price the new 365 BS weapons, "First to Market" economic concept, and "Picks and Shovels" economic concept
-How to tell if your BH pug is going to suck donkey balls
-Valor points from tier 11 raids, good or bad?
-More on Molten Front dailies
-Yays or Nays

All this and much more. You can visit us at www.warcraftlounge.com or download us directly from iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners, by searching 'Warcraft Lounge'
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Warcraft Lounge Episode 22: Don’t Quit Your Day Job

Episode 22 is now available at www.warcraftlounge.com and iTunes (where we have a 5-star rating from our listeners). Topics for the show include:

-What we are doing in game: A break from 25 man raiding, leveling alliance alts, how to pick a new realm, Ryan’s guild experiment, gearing clothies vs. plate, and more

-Economic Minute: Our guide to jewelcrafting, making gold with Blacksmithing and enchanting, Chris’ gold per hour, how to prepare for epic gems, and more

-Diablo 3 Real Money AH: What do we think? Would you be willing to pay $1 for a red gem in WoW? If this came to WoW, would it put an end to “gold blogs”? What does this mean for Blizzard’s upcoming Titan MMO?

-Mists of Pandaria: Is this the new xpac? If so, what are our initial thoughts? Do we think there will be a new hero class or new playable races introduced?

-Is there a correlation between a person’s sex/personality and the classes they play? Our hosts discuss

All this and more is discussed in the latest installment of the Warcraft Lounge.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Warcraft Lounge Episode 26: The Pandas are Fu**ing

Episode 26 is now available at www.warcraftlounge.com and iTunes (where we have a 5-star rating from our listeners). Topics for the show include:

-What we are doing in game: Getting kicked from a group over mana cakes, had a ZG fail without a wipe or boss pull, Halloween event, pvping at low level and max level, getting transmog gear, AOEing as a hunter in BH, Ryan finally has an Alliance JC, and more!

-Economic Minute: We finally find out how epic gem cuts will be learned, discussion of how much gold to have for 4.3, what items to stockpile/prepare to sell in 4.3, and the possibility of JCs needing chaos orbs.

-All things Mists of Pandaria: Discussions include what we think of Pandas and Monks, the new talent system, who the “big boss” is, challenge mode dungeons, pve scenarios, battle pets, and more.

-Battle pets: A good idea or silly game for the kiddies?

-Why you should get the annual pass.

All this and more is discussed in the latest installment of the Warcraft Lounge.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Bump because Drakk needs some loving because he gets none during raids...except from Hendrixx
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Warcraft Lounge Episode 27: Poultry Edition

Episode 27 is now available at www.warcraftlounge.com and iTunes (where we have a 5-star rating from our listeners). Topics for the show include:

-What we are doing in game: Transferred my pally to Lightbring, had a guy randomly whisper my hunter to tell me (and summon me!) that Jadefang was up, made a cross-realm RealID buddy, frustration over irrational pug leaders, Ryan teaches you how to get poultry pets including one that takes less than an hour to get and can be sold for 10k gold, buying up super cheap metagems in anticipation of 4.3, reps you can focus on while we wait for the new patch, why is anyone still running randoms or Firelands for that matter, and more!

-Economic Minute: Discussion of WoW wealth survey, what items should you be stockpiling now to make mad money in 4.3, changes to Alchemy specializations, and more.

-Discussion of the exponential growth of numbers and why it is a problem for WoW.

-Discussion of the proposed change to Intellect and mana pools. Do the co-hosts like or dislike this change?

-Discussion on SWOTR and DC Online. Are these games threats to WoW?

-Introduction of two websites that will help your gameplay.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
11/23/2011 10:10 PMPosted by Drakkmur
had a guy randomly whisper my hunter to tell me (and summon me!) that Jadefang was up

He tried to do the same thing with me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I am assuming you already had the pet Sal?

Edit: On all 5 of your hunters lol
Edited by Drakkmur on 11/24/2011 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I collect hunters (14 total with the 15th at 83 and one more staying at 70). I will never collect rare pets. I have one spirit beast because it provides an actual purpose. You can't even claim they're rare, since nearly every hunter (main or alt) has them now.

I personally see them as a waste of developer time and effort. They have bigger issues with hunters right now than how pretty our pets look.
Edited by Salion on 11/25/2011 3:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah, I think it is stupid they add spirit beasts into the game that can only be used by a spec no one is playing (maybe in pvp they do but certainly not pve). I collected 2-3 spirit beasts that I liked the way they look but quickly realized I would never use these pets and they just rot in my stable now.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Warcraft Lounge Episode 28: 4.3 Edition

Episode 28 is now available at www.warcraftlounge.com and iTunes (where we have a 5-star rating from our listeners). Topics for the show include:

-What we are doing in game:

Chris: Did a FLs pug (me pugging is a big deal enough) with some douche bags that went over the line on a girl in the raid, I took our own advice and got some mechanical chickens, 4.3 launched and spent a lot of time “fixing” toons. Capped valor on 8 toons the first week and my 10 man went 4/8 normal in DS the first week despite being shorthanded and raiding only 5 hours that week.

Ryan: Winning the “Meta War” on Gilneas, ran multiple toons through lfr, prospecting a lot of pyrite he didn’t fire sale a few months back, and his new dungeon experiences.

-Economic Minute: What is selling and what is not. How has demand been vs. our expectations? How have the co-hosts done the first few days of 4.3? Discussion of the price of chaos orbs. Any regrets we made prior to 4.3? Any sweet deals we’ve made? Discussion on arbitrage and how it can make you a ton of gold if you know what to look for.

-New Dungeons: How do the co-hosts feel about the quality, story, and voice acting (SHAAAAAAAAAAAAA-MAAANNNNNNN). Tips for bosses.

-LFR: How do we feel about LFR? How will it change the game? Discussion on the difficulty. People “screening” for lfr.

All this and more on our 4.3 edition of the Warcraft Lounge.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]