Changing Laptops

85 Tauren Death Knight
I am getting a new laptop soon. My current one has survived three years of loving abuse from me, and it is about time I put it out to pasture.

Thing is, I have a TON of music on my current one. I have the CDs for about half of it, but the other half would take forever to replace.

What would be the best way to move the music from one laptop to another?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
You've got a few options. I've used Laplink software in the past to transfer important files and programs and it's incredibly easy to use. Depending on the number and size of files you have, you could purchase a USB flash drive or external hard drive. The easiest (and possibly cheapest) method for this though is connecting the two laptops to a router and creating a shared folder to transfer the files over the network.

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
You may also want to ask this to the games, gaming and hardware forum.
EDIT: On second thought, this may be off topic there, but you can still give it a try.

Also, externals are what you wanna do. They are getting fairly cheap and also would work as a backup.

If you connect 2 computers over a network, be sure you are not violating any network policies.

There's also a way to do it directly with a Ethernet cable (and maybe a usb cable) but you have to know how to work around your computer's firewalls.
Edited by Nachtstier on 5/9/2011 10:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]