Gandalf vs Dumbledore

90 Blood Elf Paladin
It depends on the world they're in. If Gandalf were in the HP world and using HP style magic Dumbledore would sweep him aside. If this were the lotr world Gandalf would probably edge out Dumbledore by a decent margin. What people have to keep in mind is that he Elder Wand makes the user invincible, unbeatable, and Dumbledore defeated a wizard using that wand and claimed it for himself. The only reason the Death Eaters managed to kill him was because he allowed it to happen.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Gandalf 4 lyf. Dumbledore is just a crappy knockoff.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Gandalf, hands down.

Now, Dumbledore Vs Rand Al-thor would be an interesting, if short, fight.
Edited by Ycarene on 6/22/2012 7:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would say Gandalf because I think that Dumbledore has an ego sort of, and I find that even if he was put in the situation in which he could kill Voldemort, I don't think he would because he wouldn't be able to find himself able to slay him.
and also, when Gandalf The Grey perished, he came back as Gandalf the White, a.k.a. what Saruman should've been had he not allied himself with Sauron. Meanwhile when Dumbledore perished by the hand of Snape, he was not able to resurrect into another form.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I would say Gandalf because I think that Dumbledore has an ego sort of, and I find that even if he was put in the situation in which he could kill Voldemort, I don't think he would because he wouldn't be able to find himself able to slay him.
and also, when Gandalf The Grey perished, he came back as Gandalf the White, a.k.a. what Saruman should've been had he not allied himself with Sauron. Meanwhile when Dumbledore perished by the hand of Snape, he was not able to resurrect into another form.

If we are talking about a fight to the death though even if Gandalf's soul or whatever didn't technically die, killing him physical form would still count. As far as Dumbledore goes he couldn't kill Voldemort because of the horcruxes (which were actually discovered by dumbledore, which is why voldemort was able to be killed at all) and he planned for snape to kill him, he could have easily won any duel because of the elder wand, he died because he was protecting draco and willingly died.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Gandalf, hands down.
Reply Quote
63 Worgen Death Knight
Gandalf could kick your dads !@#!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
neither.......Antonias FTW
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Dumbledore is human.......Gandalf isnt. Gandalf is one of the Istari.....Gandalf wins.....i still love dumbleydore though
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
07/25/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Duathiel
Dumbledore is human.......Gandalf isnt. Gandalf is one of the Istari.....Gandalf wins.....i still love dumbleydore though

Gandalf physically died in the books/movies I am pretty sure. That's all that needs to happen. It doesn't matter if his soul didn't die or whatever, Dumbledore's soul didn't die either. All they have to do is physically kill each other, which could happen to either. The only problem is that dumbledore has the elder wand and simply can't lose.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
My mage would kick both their asses... at the same time!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Didn't Gandalf at one point say in the first movie of the LOTR series, "I once knew all the spells of Elves, Orcs, and Men..." or something to that effect? He has managed to forget due to age more spells than the casters of any single species alive during his lifetime possibly.

Possibly any two of the above species.

Gandalf.

Edit: wordy.
Edited by Xelnia on 10/15/2013 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'll tell you who wins.

Tim the Enchanter.

isn't that from dragon age?
Reply Quote
Wow this one seems like a no brainer...

Gandalf, always and all the way.
Reply Quote
44 Pandaren Mage
Gandalf
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Gandalf. He's supremely more powerful than a Human, as he's a Maiar.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I'm gonna take venture a guess that very few people in this thread that vote for Dumbledore really know what Gandalf actually is
Edited by Ulvand on 1/24/2014 8:53 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]