Remote App and Authenticator Release Notes

(Sticky)

MVP
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
As requested, I have gone ahead and created an unofficial set of release/patch notes for the several released versions of both the Mobile App and the Battle.net Authenticator. I intend to keep this up-to-date with future versions as well. Keep in mind, this is not a complete set of notes due to the fact that I am not involved in the internal development/QA process, so any fixes or changes made that the public are unaware of, I won't be able to log.

WoW Remote App
Version 3.2.0 (iOS) - November 23rd, 2011
  • Real-time realm status is now available from the main menu.

• In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class.

• Support for Brazilian Portuguese

• Various bug fixes

Version 2.2.2 (Android) - November 23rd, 2011
  • In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class.

• Android devices with smaller screen sizes (240x320) are now supported.

• Support for Brazilian Portuguese

• Various bug fixes

Version 2.1.3 - August 21st, 2011
  • Added Talent Calculator

Version 2.1.1 - July ?th, 2011
  • ???

Version 2.1.0 - July 19th, 2011
  • Added Talents & Glyphs, Reputations, Professions, Calendar Events, and Bookmarks

• Improved search technology

• Links to items and achievements received in Remote Guild Chat now link to those sections in the app.

• Links to enchants, quests, abilities, talents, and professions received in Remote Guild Chat now display tool tips.

• Various bug fixes

Version 2.0.3 - May 8th, 2011

Version 2.0.2 - May 3rd, 2011

Version 2.0.1 - May 2nd, 2011

Version 2.0.0 - April 25th, 2011
  • The World of Warcraft Auction House app is now known as the World of Warcraft Remote app, and a number of new features have been added.

• The new Remote Guild Chat feature allows you to participate in your guild's in-game chat channel in real-time, have one-on-one conversations with members of our guild, and more.

• Added character sheets

• Added support for guilds

• Search for characters, items guilds

• Bug fixes and UI Improvements

• At this time, the free preview of Remote Guild Chat is only available to characters on the following game realms:
    • All North/South American and Oceanic Realms

• All European Realms

• All Korean Realms

----

Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (iPhone)
Version 1.3.1 - June 8th, 2011

Version 1.3.0 - ???

Version 1.0.1 - March 11th, 2010
  • A new "Copy" feature lets you copy the currently displayed authentication code into your device's clipboard. You can then paste it into other text entry fields, such as when accessing Battle.net Account Management from your mobile.

• Miscellaneous UI improvements

Version 1.0.0 - March 31st, 2009
  • Originally released.

Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Android)
Version 1.1.0 - July 5th, 2011
  • Widget support

• New "restore" feature

Version 1.0.0 - February 10th, 2010
  • Originally released.

Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Windows Phone 7)
Version 1.0.0 - July 5th, 2011
  • Originally released.

Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Various Mobile Phones)
Version 1.0.0 - July 20th, 2009
  • Originally released.

Edited by Sixen on 11/28/2011 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Thanks Sixen, awesome work! Just making a few quick edits to your post. As a rule, we don't post any potential issues that we haven't already verified as fixed internally to be released in a later build. As it turns out, almost all of the issues we've been seeing so far have been server-related rather than client-related, which explains why there's no real "known issues" list to give at the moment. Also, we don't support Prat, and that particular bug mentioned in your original post is Prat-specific. Prat's developer will have to fix that bug for his/her own add-on. I have added it to the list of known issues that aren't [our] bugs though.
Edited by Liogela on 5/9/2011 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
Hey, thanks for the sticky, Lio. As far as those "known issues" go, I had only listed the ones you replied to and said that you guys were currently looking into. I just assumed they would get sorted into version as they got fixed, if they haven't already. I didn't think that they could be server related, so that's what I get for assuming, haha. As far as Prat goes, I guess I didn't know if it was the app being bugged or Prat not working.

But alright, thanks for the updates, :). I'll keep this strictly what gets fixed in each release.
Hi Sixen! Thank you so much for the information! You are doing a great job! Really appreciate your efforts! Keep up the good work!
Reply Quote
MVP
05/10/2011 03:03 PMPosted by Stormsinger
Hi Sixen! Thank you so much for the information! You are doing a great job! Really appreciate your efforts! Keep up the good work!

No worries, I enjoy this stuff! And thanks a lot, I appreciate the appreciation, ;).
MVP
Not sure if it'll work, but what if you try downloading the Bold 9700 version?
MVP
Thanks for updating this with those new additions, Lio. I was on vacation the last week, but i'm back now. I did a little more updating, just completely split up the Version 1.0.0 I had at the bottom into each particular BMA section. Once I saw the new stickies, I just thought i'd split the BMA section up by phone as well, instead of keeping it all together, so we had the same idea there. Good stuff, ;).

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]