How good is this RP-Pvp realm?

70 Blood Elf Warlock
So, after being on many pvp and pve servers, I decided that I wanted to give an RP-Pvp server a try. I have a few questions for this specific realm that I will ask to the other 5 or 6 RP-Pvp servers as well, but I just want to do my research so I don't end up on another low populated server where the max amount of people signed on at once is like 100. Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Also, I haven't decided what side I want to be on. Most of my toons are horde, however I have no beef with alliance because both factions have their pros and their cons. So having said that, I am a pretty open minded person and don't mind which side. I'd also love to help anyone out by joining their side to make it more even, rather than joining a server where horde outnumber alliance 2 to 1, and making a horde toon. Anyway, here are the questions!

1. Does this realm have a good amount of world RP. I know most hold their RP's in their guild, but I once made a toon on a RP server and noticed a bunch of random people un guilded sitting in Silvermoon role playing with each other. I want stuff like that, so it seems more like a real city, rather than a bunch of zombies leveling alts just to say they have them :3

2. Does this realm have a lot (if any) world PvP? I heard world pvp lacks now a days, but I plan to come over to the new server with 3 other friends, and we plan to make world PvP regardless if there is any or not. We just know it would be a lot more fun if it did exist, rather than us making it exist.

3. I want a server that has almost the same amount of horde, as alliance, or vise versa. However, I want to be more-so on the winning side when it comes to Wintergrasp and Tol'Barad. Therefore, my question is...Who wins more on this server, Alliance, or Horde?

4. How long does it take for battlegrounds to pop on the horde and/or alliance? Same goes for dungeons.

The three people I plan on bringing over, and myself are all really nice, laid back adults who enjoy a little pvp'ing, and role playing in our off time, and would love to find the "perfect" server. I apologize for the "let's play 20 questions" game here, but I really want to do my research this time, before I transfer servers again. Not doing research landed me on a very low populated pvp server at the moment, granted it has some nice people, it still lacks in pvp, and battlegrounds usually take about 20 minutes or so to pop for me -cries-.

I appreciate all the help, IF anyone decides to help. Again, thank you.

~Wayke~
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
There's World RP on the Horde side, I hear. I hear nothing about Alliance.

World PvP generally consists of 10v1s in Tol Barad followed by a forum post by a member of Virulence, Massacre, or World PvP is Back. You'll then be treated with about 3 pages of "UR BAD. NO UR BAD"

Horde/Alliance Ratio is roughly 1:1. Anyone who says differently is a whiny crybaby who can't tolerate getting killed in World PvP.

Tol Barad tends to go back and forth. Given the lack of interest in WG, it seems Horde controls it almost exclusively.

BG queues generally don't last more than a few minutes. I don't know if they ever fixed the bugs, but leaving and rejoining seems to speed things up.

Dungeon queues for single DPS in regular heroics is generally 7-10 minutes. Zandalari Heroics are generally 20-25 minutes.

And it's not a low pop server. There are actual queue times around Christmas. (Or at least there used to be)
Edited by Jeinathil on 5/9/2011 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Warlock
Appreciate the explanation. I have yet to make a level one on your server, but I think I will just to get a general idea of it's community. Trade chat doesn't always mean the server is full of a bunch of.. "children", but it does in fact give you a small idea of what it's like. Last server I was on had wonderful people yet the trade chat always seemed so ....Bleh! Like trade chat people only existed in trade, anywhere else it was full of niceness. Again, I thank you, it means a lot that you took the time out to answer my awkward, long questionnaire, haha. Thank you :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
The world PVP on this server is great. TB usually has a lot of action with alliance going back and forth, now I am not trying to start a war here but in my opinion Horde control it a bit more then the Alliance. Long story short, there are so great wars that take place.

BG ques are nice, quickest I've gotten was 3 mins longest I have waited was 9 or 10.

I also RP often, if you are looking for RPers on this server I would suggest downloading TotalRolePlay2 and MyRolePlay. After you have the addons you can check Silvermoon City. Also, join channels WeRP and RP. RPers usually hang out in these chats and it is nice to find out if there is any RP going on.

As for dungeons I would say its like most servers, DPS have a wait. Healers are about a min wait and tanks are for the most part instant que.

05/09/2011 02:25 PMPosted by Jeinathil
World PvP generally consists of 10v1s in Tol Barad followed by a forum post by a member of Virulence, Massacre, or World PvP is Back. You'll then be treated with about 3 pages of "UR BAD. NO UR BAD"

Not all of us bicker back and forth, I say a few words here and there.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Not all of us bicker back and forth, I say a few words here and there.

Ya but if you have multiple posts of just a few words each, it's still a lot. duh.

I will not bow, I will not break
I will not fall, I will not fade.
Reply Quote
Just dont come here your wasting your time.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
05/10/2011 10:15 AMPosted by Vesker
Just dont come here your wasting your time.

"The Hoof is full!" is the correct way of saying this...

But to answer the OP, RP is very limited, world PvP is very limited, but I really like the community for the most part. I can't speak for TB though yet as I'm the world's slowest lvler. GL w/ your search.

-Ink
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The RP just has to be made, is all. A lot of people are kinda reclusive, in terms of it.

I try and do it all the time, I even RP on my bank character when I'm bored. Trying to get suckers... Erm, I mean potential investors to help my little business along.

Personally, the community is rather rich with both trolls and nice people. You won't find a more unique server then ours.

Make a character on here, and I'd be glad to explain more in better detail. I don't do well in massive text walls.

They make my brain explode.
Edited by Thgix on 5/10/2011 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, do it. By all means.

I was planning on doing the same, the perks don't really mean much to me anymore... So, hell.

Shadowbane Mercenaries has a nice ring to it...

/fantasizes
Reply Quote
I like all the people who trash talk the server and the community but never bother trying to help or, better yet, leave.

Irony at its finest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not to say that you don't do anything, but what do you do for it?
Edited by Thgix on 5/10/2011 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/10/2011 04:04 PMPosted by Thgix

I'm a very helpful person in game. Always willing to point someone in the right direction or answer their questions about the world and its many intricacies.

I don't yell at people for making mistakes in randoms.

I don't charge for enchants or lock picking.

I help make the community a better place by reporting offensive names and players to the GMs.

People may not believe the above statements based on my overall demeanor on the forums. However, you must understand that my scathing and derisive remarks are always directed toward those who are being purposefully idiotic or those who feel that their virtual (fake) accomplishments somehow gives them the right to belittle those who have not obtained said accomplishments.
Reply Quote
Who are you talking to anyway? xD

I don't see anyone belittling anyone. At least, not on a personal level.

Anyone who's been around these forums since late in Burning Crusade would note that my posting habits on the forums differ greatly than my attitude while logged into the game.

There used to be a lot more fighting between the PvE guilds in the past. A whole lot of "You suck because you haven't killed X Boss" was prevalent on the forums.

I don't hold well with that kind of attitude.
Reply Quote
05/10/2011 09:41 PMPosted by Líandria
I am still tinkering with the idea of a H-RP guild.

If you can manage getting the RP guild together, I wouldn't mind rolling an Alliance toon to join the guild. Keep me posted on your progress please.
Reply Quote
05/10/2011 05:47 PMPosted by Jeinathil

I'm a very helpful person in game. Always willing to point someone in the right direction or answer their questions about the world and its many intricacies.

I don't yell at people for making mistakes in randoms.

I don't charge for enchants or lock picking.

I help make the community a better place by reporting offensive names and players to the GMs.

People may not believe the above statements based on my overall demeanor on the forums. However, you must understand that my scathing and derisive remarks are always directed toward those who are being purposefully idiotic or those who feel that their virtual (fake) accomplishments somehow gives them the right to belittle those who have not obtained said accomplishments.

I have to agree with this. He popped out of nowhere and kept me in mind when my mage needed enchants. I'm also very helpful in game and tend to whisper people who ask questions in trade to dodge the people who think they are funny and give stupid answers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I would love to claim a massive amount of knowledge and be able to answer the questions you posted. Sadly, I've got very little to offer you. But I do have a little, so here it is.

1. As far as role play goes, there's always The Ebony Phoenix (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074098119). Yes, its a shameless self promotion, sue me. Aside from that, it dies exist in the world at large, but you do have to wade through the random players (treated as NPC's) and asorted crazy people (griefers; reported for a GM fitted straight jacket).

2. World PvP varies depending on what you like, and when youre around. It's tough to stumble across a "fair"/1 on 1 fight that doesn't get interupted, but on the other hand I have seen some serious knock down drag out fights at Tol Barrad (which more than once have had me cursing the horde more than usual *wink*). I've also noticed a disturbing trend to major attacks occuring right in the middle of our RP events, but that's life, right?

3. I have no way of commenting intelligently on this (or possibly anything, but that's up to you).

4. I've never really counted the minutes I've spent in a que, but at 85 I don't think it takes all that long (depending on the time of day). All other levels vary so much that I really have no idea.

I'll take this chance to (again) shamelessly self promote. For those looking for a Heavy Role Play guild, we've been here for a while. We already do the interviews to seperate those who fit from those who won't (we muff that sometimes, but deal with issues as they arrise as best we can). I don't really know much about other servers, since I've never ventured far from my home on Lightninghoof, but I have noticed the number of those who I have to treat as random passerbys or even slightly mentally unhinged, but I stubornly refuse to give up my home. You can check the link above for my extremly long winded description of the guild, I need to update it though. We now have 60 characters (not accounts) in the guild.

So Wayke if you haven't made your choice yet, feel free to hop on and check us out. And that invitation is of course open to anyone. If you think we're what you're looking for, we'd be happy to sit down and interview you.

I hope this helped. Now I need to get back to work, bills must be paid so I can keep playing after all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]