Valor to Conquest and Vice Versa?

85 Human Warlock
What is the reasoning behind only letting valor turn into conquest?

Honor and Justice points can be turned into each other, but only valor can turn into conquest. How is this fair? I have over 15000 conquest and have literally NOTHING to buy. Give us "hardcore" PvPers something to buy with Conquest except for pvp gear we already have. You let the "hardcore" PvE people buy Conquest with valor so let us buy valor with conquest
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
You let PvE people skip doing pvp to get conquest cap by turning valor into conquest, so let us PvPers skip doing Pve to get valor cap by turning conquest into valor. make it fair
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
05/06/2011 02:58 PMPosted by Abusedlamb
You let PvE people skip doing pvp to get conquest cap by turning valor into conquest, so let us PvPers skip doing Pve to get valor cap by turning conquest into valor. make it fair
This has been discussed to death already.

Conquest is trivial to get. Valour is not.

That, and Gear is not meant to be a carrot on the stick in PvP, because PvP is player-driven. PvE isn't, and needs to be paced appropriately so that people aren't gearing ridiculously fast.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
In b4 "this is a PVE game"

It is rather ironic how all the WC series touted "head to head" play. Blizzcon showcases a PVP tourney with cash and prizes every year. Yet people still think this is a PVE game. I have yet to see "best raid" tourney with cash and prizes. The fact is with out PVP this game dies. Blizz cannot pump out content fast enough to keep PVE players playing that is why there is this landslide of bribes/incentives for PVE, point conversion, CTA bags and when things are in a pinch Blizz will even throttle back PVP to keep PVE populated as they did with the 2.2k weapon delay....

Yea.... this is a PVE game alright...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Conquest Points = Beg / plead / offer first born in trade chat to manually find other player/players to team up to PVP, should you be < 3k resilience or win the random daily BG 396 times for the chest/legs/hands/wrist/feet pieces.

Valour = Log on/ open LFD tool/ Queue/ follow tank.

Which one is trival again?
Edited by Snackshack on 5/6/2011 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Valor is so easy to get.. lmao

ive been farming Bot/BWD/TOFW on my main since mid january finishing within 4-5 hours because it is SO SIMPLE. the only hard thing about pve is getting herioc mechanics down in raids, besides that, pve is the most retard proof thing in the game. Stand out of fire, ect... how people do so bad in herioc dungeons and nonherioc raids?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
No... Conquest points = not hard to acquire. We do not want PVP people getting easy valor gear.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I'd say that's not the best idea. I see the logic in it, but as raid points scale up, I imagine they aren't going to make new pvp points. Moreover, this would require Blizz to sync pvp seasons with pve releases, which can't possibly remain consistent. That's why I think only base level currencies should be exchangeable.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Terragorm.. you realize they do sync pvp seasons with pve releases?
Season ends when firelands go live... s8 went live with ICC, s7 with Toc.. ect therefore your point is invalid
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
What is the reasoning behind only letting valor turn into conquest?

Honor and Justice points can be turned into each other, but only valor can turn into conquest. How is this fair? I have over 15000 conquest and have literally NOTHING to buy. Give us "hardcore" PvPers something to buy with Conquest except for pvp gear we already have. You let the "hardcore" PvE people buy Conquest with valor so let us buy valor with conquest

Lets see it takes about 12 weeks of Raiding to get that much valor..

Compared to 6 weeks of Arena, where you only have to win 5 matches a WEEK..

Yeah.. Immagine the *!!* storm that would hit the forums..
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
you realize valor -> conquest does the cap for you?
so say you have 1400 valor with 1340 conquest cap.. u only get 1340 conquest, but if u already did a few games, u just fill the rest of the cap for the week.

and you get 180 per win now so i need about 20 wins which all last atleast 10 minutes..
Reply Quote

Conquest Points = Beg / plead / offer first born in trade chat to manually find other player/players to team up to PVP, should you be < 3k resilience or win the random daily BG 396 times for the chest/legs/hands/wrist/feet pieces.

Well considering I have SOLOED my Conquest points I have earned.. I'll go with Conquest points..
Reply Quote
you realize valor -> conquest does the cap for you?
so say you have 1400 valor with 1340 conquest cap.. u only get 1340 conquest, but if u already did a few games, u just fill the rest of the cap for the week.

and you get 180 per win now so i need about 20 wins which all last atleast 10 minutes..

My god your math is off..

16.11 matches if you have increased your conquest cap that much..

or 7.44 matches if you haven't..
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
remember when you can do half matches? oh wait.. you cant

congrats on playing at the 400 mmr bracket where you can kill people with your pet

thats the equivalent of me soloing a 70 herioc. Good job
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
05/06/2011 03:02 PMPosted by Shimala

LOL...Really. I would say its the other way round. Once you learn boss mechanics its fairly easy to get to the valor cap for the week.
Reply Quote
remember when you can do half matches? oh wait.. you cant

congrats on playing at the 400 mmr bracket where you can kill people with your pet

thats the equivalent of me soloing a 70 herioc. Good job

Yeah, I reformed my arena team.

Grats to you on realizing that. Nice attack, since it's the only flaw you could really find in what I said..

Edit: haha, here is the real joke. Before I reformed my arena team I had a 1540 team rating, WITHOUT any PVP gear.. Grats to you and your 1531 with full welfare epics.
Edited by Aziker on 5/6/2011 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Well considering I have SOLOED my Conquest points I have earned.. I'll go with Conquest points..

Still working on that first piece I see... me too...
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
my math is off because i round up? maybe u should do the same.
and realize you have a 50% win chance in each arena game you face, so multiply the number of wins you need by 2.. then add about 2-3 minutes extra to the time each arena is for post arena and preparations, waiting in que... add all of the minutes up. then do as much pve content as you can ( wont be alot because you aren't good at raiding ) then post in forums how hard it was for your valor compared to conquest because you cant follow simple mechanics.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]