Thor

87 Worgen Warrior
Last night I saw Thor
They did a damn good job with it. Not perfect but damn good. Best movie I've seen so far this year (which I realize isn't saying much since most of the films this year has sucked so far).

Loki had some good depth of character to him instead of being just "Mwahahaha I'm so Evil."

and of course after the credits we get another hint at things to come.

Marvel really knows how to get their properties right on the big screen, looking forward to Captain America now more than ever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
really?.... i was worried that thor would be a complete bust... what drew me away was thor didnt seem to be the right actor... imo they just made him look to pretty boy (from the previews)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I wasn't that interested in seeing the movie but I went and I have to say, I was surprised at how good it was. As another poster said, it wasn't perfect but I think it's definitely worth watching. It's one of the better superhero movies that I've seen.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I quite enjoyed it. The cast really worked, which is always a good thing.

Maybe the biggest issue I had was how quickly Thor himself changed, but that's just a problem with it being a 2 hour movie. With any luck there will be an extended cut out on Blu-Ray that adds a few more scenes on Earth.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Warrior
I think it was well worth seeing, although I didn't bother with the 3D version. 2D is just fine for me.

Looking back on it I think the guy who played Loki did a great job

and the scene with all the Rednecks surround the crater trying to pick up the hammer was a riot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I liked Thor alot. I thought Chris Hemsworth did a great job, and the overall effects and scenery for Asgard were fantastic.
Reply Quote
64 Blood Elf Paladin
05/07/2011 09:05 AMPosted by Jarshie
really?.... i was worried that thor would be a complete bust... what drew me away was thor didnt seem to be the right actor... imo they just made him look to pretty boy (from the previews)

He is used as a pretty boy and all the sex appeal in the movie is because of this, but that doesn't mean he wasn't the right actor, he played the role well
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Just got back a while ago, it was really enjoyable! I've been very impressed with the Marvel movies as of late. I mean, you could kind of see where the story was going from the beginning, but it was expertly done and acted.

I've gotta find out who plays Loki in that, he did a great job.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
05/07/2011 04:12 PMPosted by Welcome
I personally would have preferred the old Norse version of Thor (like in the comics when the series was relaunched around 2005) over the sci-fi version of Thor

Almost this. I would have preferred it if the actual Norse mythology had been followed, but c'est la vie. The movie was entertaining. Natalie Portman was/is hot.
Edited by Guavagoat on 5/8/2011 2:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I didnt enjoy the movie as much as I though I would. The storyline was just... bland? Too linear, I fear. The actors, special effects and many other things were on spot, but I just kind of waited the entire time for a plot twist which never came.

Good movie, but far from being perfect.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
05/07/2011 04:12 PMPosted by Welcome
I personally would have preferred the old Norse version of Thor (like in the comics when the series was relaunched around 2005) over the sci-fi version of Thor, but they presented it well enough that I think it meshed well. I'm sure fans other than myself would be pleased that they went with the Jack Kirby direction with the art.
I preffer the 'Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul version of Thor..(Douglas Adama).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Saw Thor last night and I really enjoyed it. I thought Chris Hemsworth did a great job as well as the guy that played Loki. I was torn a few times with storyline events and Loki, but that made the movie even better.

I had little expectation and had not read the comics or anything prior.
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Paladin
thought Natalie portman died giving birth to twins... shrug
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Warrior
They're working through things so they can do the Avengers.

Which is going to be interesting.

Reply Quote
Just came back 30 minutes ago from watching Thor. I very much enjoyed it. Definitely best movie I've seen this year so far. As others have said, the actor who played Loki was awesome. I just found it extremely hilarious at some of the lines Thor said when he was on Earth, such as "How dare you attack the son of Odin!" "I demand another one!" *smashes coffee cup* and "We drank! We fought! We made his ancestors proud!" I died laughing on that part xD

The Gatekeeper was my favorite secondary character. He was just pure badass imo.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
They're working through things so they can do the Avengers.

Which is going to be interesting.

Yeah, like when Thor broke into the facility and the alarm went off. The scene where you see a pair of boots then a hand reaching for a shotgun, then that person switched to a compound bow...my reaction was "Oh cool, we get to see Hawkeye in action"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]