Disappointed in Legendary Staff

85 Undead Priest
Wait did he say Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker ??????
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Soon as I saw this was caster DPS, I have no reason to go for it at all.

Just be thankful you as a caster DPS can have such a thing. For a lot of us, it would just be eye candy for standing around stormwind with.

I guess it depends on how much spirit you chould get by reforging the crit or hit rating stat....
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest does have a proc, but the information hasn't been included in the PTR data files yet (which means there's nothing to datamine right now).

We did, however, hint at what the proc will be in our 4.2 preview: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2685003

The great staff duplicates destructive magics, and also bestows upon its wielder the ability to transform into a member of the Blue Dragonflight.

Also, please keep in mind that some items on the PTR are still considered "works-in-progress," so certain aspects of their design -- including stats, on-use abilities, and appearance -- may change before the next patch goes live. :)

Edit:

Oh! And just to clarify (since I saw this asked in another thread), Dragonwrath will not be BoE.
Edited by Lylirra on 5/10/2011 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest does have a proc, but the information hasn't been included in the PTR data files yet (which means there's nothing to datamine right now).

We did, however, hint at what the proc will be in our 4.2 preview: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2685003

The great staff duplicates destructive magics, and also bestows upon its wielder the ability to transform into a member of the Blue Dragonflight.

Also, please keep in mind that some items on the PTR are still considered "works-in-progress," so certain aspects of their design -- including stats, on-use abilities, and appearance -- may change before the next patch goes live. :)

I'm sorry but nothing will top the soul spinning thing of Shadowmourne.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
don't forget you get /a pet/
Reply Quote
Dear Blizzard,

I have been playing WoW for 6 years, and I have never been more disappointed about anything in WoW than I am now in Dragonwrath.
As a mage that has raided competively since Zul'Gurub came out in vanilla, and raided Naxx40 in a guild with 8 mages, 3 warlocks, 4 druids, and 3 priests so I never got an Atiesh (much like 99.99%+ of WoW), I expected more from the caster legendary this time around.

You've been playing WoW for that long and still haven't learned that data-mined info from an early PTR release is unreliable?
Reply Quote
62 Human Paladin
05/10/2011 03:18 PMPosted by Delatt
You've been playing WoW for that long and still haven't learned that data-mined info from an early PTR release is unreliable?

This.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Datamined info is...guess what DATAMINED. blizz really should make that a #1 rule on the PTR so everyone can read it and stop QQ about something that is only half there.

Yes this!
Edited by Rayo on 5/10/2011 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Even if it wasn't datamined... and there wasn't a proc...

How can you be disappointed in a SINGLE ITEM with 3 RED sockets as a DPS?

That makes absolutely zero sense.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Posted by Supercute

Q + Q = ??? thats right QQ

That's actually be Q * Q, math is hard.

Q * Q = 2Q not QQ

Indeed math is hard

Q*Q=Q^2
Q+Q=2Q
Math IS hard apparently
Also
Assuming Q is a string
Q+Q=QQ
Edited by Willferrall on 5/10/2011 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Also the staff is BOE, wts staff 1 billion goldz
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Why does every QQ topic I read about something in this game act like the sky is falling? If some of the topic creators put half as much energy to creating constructive threads as they did being overly dramatic, these boards wouldn't be so bad.

If you don't like something, the least you can do is offer some sort of alternative solution TC.
Edited by Matheney on 5/10/2011 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
lots of fail going on in here.
Reply Quote
Ahh, people crying over early datamined info. Never gets old.
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest
Suggestion, put haste on the staff. Haste is the most valuable secondary stat for all casters. Crit isn't (I'd also suggest not using hit as hybrids aim for spirit).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I really do not care about this stupid staff anymore.
Apparently my guild has decided that senority in guild gets preferrence over performance.
They should just rename the guild "teamsters", and deal with the mediocrity that will continue to prevail.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
05/10/2011 03:36 PMPosted by Setsugekka
Oh boy a legendary with crit and hit.. crit? Really?

Crit... Yummy.
05/10/2011 03:38 PMPosted by Imnotblind
Suggestion, put haste on the staff. Haste is the most valuable secondary stat for all casters. Crit isn't (I'd also suggest not using hit as hybrids aim for spirit).

And no spirit. Please, PLEASE no spirit.
Edited by Thirdegree on 5/10/2011 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So...what are the stats on the staff? (As far as we know that is)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]