Disappointed in Legendary Staff

85 Worgen Mage
Honestly, I might get more upset about not getting that staff if I actually played a character that would greatly benefit from using it. As it stands, I'm all for the GM or one of the higher DPSers getting it.

(Resto shaman don't really need hit, and crit is a regen stat at best. :P)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
05/10/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Imnoturpet

That's actually be Q * Q, math is hard.

Q * Q = 2Q not QQ

Indeed math is hard

Wow really?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
05/10/2011 03:38 PMPosted by Imnotblind
Suggestion, put haste on the staff. Haste is the most valuable secondary stat for all casters. Crit isn't (I'd also suggest not using hit as hybrids aim for spirit).

They expressly mentioned that they want it to be a DPS staff, not a healing staff.

Spirit would mean every guild would prioritize healers, even if the proc was DPS only.

Elemental shamans would most likely not use this, so the only hybrids that would benefit would be priests and druids.

Whereas warlocks and mages would not get anything from spirit.

As they are the pure caster DPS classes, it would make sense that it would be itemized with them in mind.

And Q * Q = QQ. Solving it reaches 2Q, but QQ also is Q(Q) (Which is Q times Q), so yes, Q * Q = QQ. :P

EDIT: I really can't believe I just used math to answer something involving the term QQ. o_O
Edited by Myzou on 5/10/2011 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
don't forget you get /a pet/

An adorable pet, no less (that everyone in your guild will be able to get). I mean, who needs a proc when you have the next hottest fashion accessory? :P
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
The great staff duplicates destructive magics, and also bestows upon its wielder the ability to transform into a member of the Blue Dragonflight.

So from my understanding the staff will cast the same spell you did for the same about of damage for example you get a 30k crit you will hit another 30k crit at the same global
man that will be overpowered

Probably more "Elemental Overload"-esque than anything. A X% chance for it to occur.

Though, if that is actually the case... Elemental Shaman with it would be fun to watch. XD

Though, I have to say, the turning into the blue dragon seems more like the proc they're talking about, XD
Edited by Myzou on 5/10/2011 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Logoz is a highly ranked Mage in DPS.

His opinion does matter as he's a world top class mage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
05/10/2011 03:38 PMPosted by Imnotblind
Suggestion, put haste on the staff. Haste is the most valuable secondary stat for all casters. Crit isn't (I'd also suggest not using hit as hybrids aim for spirit).

There's all of 1 caster spec that considers crit their strongest stat so far as I know (Fire Mages.) You're right in that Haste would be a much better choice.

There is no difference between Hit & Spirit for hybrids (unless you want to talk about mana regeneration outside of combat, which is about as valuable as strength >.>) and it's the strongest secondary stat up to the hit cap for every caster.

Hit good
Crit bad. Gogo haste!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Logoz is a highly ranked Mage in DPS.

His opinion does matter as he's a world top class mage.

This affects most of us how?

Thought so.

I honestly don't care if he's the Pope, he plays wow, and thus his opinion on something in the game that isn't released doesn't matter to me. Much like yours.

This, not to mention he's just flat-out wrong. Anyone who's been paying attention already knew there would be a proc at the very least.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Mage
proc hasnt been datamined...

huh?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
First off you can't start the quest line unless you have the Defender of a Shattered World achieve which will drastically cut back on the number of epic staves you will see, and wouldn't be surprised if they remove it later. Second, a good thought mentioned else where was most likely the proc of a blue dragon or whatever it might be will most likely give haste. Pretty sure Blizzard knows what they're doing guys and, oh, just taking a guess here, probably know what stats are favored for the classes in their game, just saying.
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest

There's all of 1 caster spec that considers crit their strongest stat so far as I know (Fire Mages.) You're right in that Haste would be a much better choice.

There is no difference between Hit & Spirit for hybrids (unless you want to talk about mana regeneration outside of combat, which is about as valuable as strength >.>) and it's the strongest secondary stat up to the hit cap for every caster.

Hit good
Crit bad. Gogo haste!

What I was suggesting was go with NO hit, I never suggest Spirit, as that would be stupid. I said why go with a stat that you only want as 2 classes when you can have one that you want as 5 (for the record I am suggesting Haste/Crit).

Also, there is quite a bit of math behind whether Crit is more valuable than haste, it depends your gear.

Suggestion, put haste on the staff. Haste is the most valuable secondary stat for all casters.

Really? Even Arcane doesn't like Haste that much. According to Rawr some Arcane Mages do better going for Crit than Haste.

Oops, always forget about Arcane. Yeah, that only adds one more reason to put Crit/Haste on it.
Edited by Imnotblind on 5/10/2011 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I can't believe you wasted so much time complaining about this. I'm embarrassed to be posting here.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
05/10/2011 03:07 PMPosted by Lylirra
Also, please keep in mind that some items on the PTR are still considered "works-in-progress," so certain aspects of their design -- including stats, on-use abilities, and appearance -- may change before the next patch goes live. :)

Please, for the love of god, tell me that this means the 4piece bonus for healing priest T12 will NOT give us a second friggin' lightwell when this goes live.

sincerely,
Me
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
05/10/2011 04:40 PMPosted by Imnotblind
What I was suggesting was go with NO hit, I never suggest Spirit, as that would be stupid. I said why go with a stat that you only want as 2 classes when you can have one that you want as 5 (for the record I am suggesting Haste/Crit).

They specifically do NOT want this to be a healer staff. It's for DPS casters. Putting hit on it is the only way to deal with that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]