Difficulty Controlling Flying Mount

(Locked)

85 Human Warlock
Mount a flying mount, hit space bar, the mount goes up. I hit w and the mount should go forward. However, it pitches down at least half the time. Sometimes a dismount and shifting the camera angle will allow me to move foward. Sometimes, it does not and I have to hit w and the space bar at the same time and have a sawtooth flight pattern. This happens in all areas of the game.

Tonight, it was completely out of control. I reset all the key bindings to default. I hit space bar to go up. There are NO keys I can hit to make it go forward. According to the defaults "w" should allow me to go forward. Instead, it turns the helicopter completely upside down and heads straight down. I've reset the key bindings over and over again and have tried changing keys and it seems 9 times out of 10, I just can't move forward.

This is happening in twilight highlands. Have not tried other areas.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You aren't flying drunk are you?
100 Night Elf Priest
Have you tried adjusting your direction with your mouse? Even if you're moving forward, your direction of travel is still affected by the pitch you last applied -- and when you're running along the ground, it isn't apparent at all because you're stuck with gravity anyway.
- World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Using your mouse to adjust the pitch of your flying mount should work. I've also found that resetting your pitch by flying up with the Spacebar, then landing again, then taking off once more should fix the problem. Try that and see if it works.

The pitch problem will probably come back with the next time you dismount/mount up again, so you'll just have to use these fixes each time. x3
85 Draenei Hunter
To clarify, the easiest way to do this on a two button mouse and make it sort of simple is to press and hold both mouse buttons, and steer until you're going the right direction.

Then you can continue to press 'w'.
90 Draenei Hunter
There is a noticeable downward pitch when flying.
That, I think, is a bug...does it in water, as well when you're swimming.

I will mount, fly up, and if I don't touch my angle and hit "w" I start flying at a downward angle.

I have to readjust my heading with the mouse to pitch back up constantly.
90 Worgen Warrior
There is a noticeable downward pitch when flying.
That, I think, is a bug...does it in water, as well when you're swimming.

I will mount, fly up, and if I don't touch my angle and hit "w" I start flying at a downward angle.

I have to readjust my heading with the mouse to pitch back up constantly.

I agree it appears starting pitch is same as last previous pitch when flying. That makes no sense, as landing pitch is always going to be down. Pitch angle should reset to nuetral when you dismount.

As to swimming, it's just buggy, as described. Even adjusting pitch isn't effective for very long, it quickly reverts to wanting to dive, and won't let you swim across the surface for without constant tweaking.

OP in addition to other advice given, you might want to try binding another key to perform the command you're having trouble with. Good luck.

85 Human Warlock
Thanks guys. Oddly enough, part of it was that wildhammer beer thing where I had to go get one keg after another. Given that my main is 2 feet tall and probably weighs 25 pounds, I guess 10 kegs of beer can be an issue in aviation. I'm sure she broke all sorts of records for a BAC while flying through a class C airspace.

I spent 20 minutes landing her and adjusting the pitch and taking off and watching the chopper flip over. I don't use a button mouse, but do have this all bound to the keys. I reset the keys to default three times in a row before I got anything that would at least get her to go forward. I wound up getting her moving by hitting a forward key and "up" key all at the same time. After 10 more minutes of that, I gave up, and ported back to SW for the fishing daily. No problem flying.

I guess there is no place like home.

However, seriously... does the "drinking" in Twilight Highlands really affect flight? Also, in that case, why would it go on for so long?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks guys. Oddly enough, part of it was that wildhammer beer thing where I had to go get one keg after another. Given that my main is 2 feet tall and probably weighs 25 pounds, I guess 10 kegs of beer can be an issue in aviation. I'm sure she broke all sorts of records for a BAC while flying through a class C airspace.

I spent 20 minutes landing her and adjusting the pitch and taking off and watching the chopper flip over. I don't use a button mouse, but do have this all bound to the keys. I reset the keys to default three times in a row before I got anything that would at least get her to go forward. I wound up getting her moving by hitting a forward key and "up" key all at the same time. After 10 more minutes of that, I gave up, and ported back to SW for the fishing daily. No problem flying.

I guess there is no place like home.

However, seriously... does the "drinking" in Twilight Highlands really affect flight? Also, in that case, why would it go on for so long?

Whenever you drink alcohol in the game, it affects your sense of direction (also, some mobs will appear lower level than they are and your speech may become slurred).

On land-bound mounts, this just results in you turning from left to right every now and then, but when swimming or in the air, your path can adjust in any direction.
90 Gnome Rogue
This happened to me recently. It's a confirmed bug. Drinking has nothing to do with it, it just happens sometimes. Submitting a ticket can get it resolved quickly.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't see how old this thread is. Sorry :(
Edited by Reichan on 2/14/2013 11:32 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]